Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, BigOrange1 said:

hasn't this guy been wrong about several things over the past couple of months?  

44 minutes ago, Longhornlove said:

The dude has been wrong on multiple occasions lately as well. I mean, really wrong.

What was he wrong about other than Hall being off the team, which might have actually been right in real time? 

As far as recent stuff goes, he said early on that Neyor tore his ACL, and then sites reported everything from his knee being fine to it not being a knee injury 

1 minute ago, The Deuce said:

Another reason why this D-Line will likely not bring the intensity each week. These seniors know that they need to ball out every game in order to have any remote chance of making an NFL dream come true

They’re all explosive & massive guys. Coburn is one of the highest rated interior lineman in the country after week 2. Ojomo has a lot of good tape out there. Sweat is the one who could benefit the most from consistent play this year. 

2 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

They’re all explosive & massive guys. Coburn is one of the highest rated interior lineman in the country after week 2. Ojomo has a lot of good tape out there. Sweat is the one who could benefit the most from consistent play this year. 

And he got a safety taken away from him!

6 minutes ago, Fud said:

What was he wrong about other than Hall being off the team, which might have actually been right in real time? 

As far as recent stuff goes, he said early on that Neyor tore his ACL, and then sites reported everything from his knee being fine to it not being a knee injury 

I can't tell you for sure because I don't have an account with wherever that dude posts. I only see what gets shared.   Plain and simple he was dead wrong on Hall. You can paint it however you want but he was as wrong as wrong gets. I want to say it was something about another injury. If he didn't know about the Hall thing, he should have kept his mouth shut, just like he should here, unless he is purposefully being fed bad info.

Edited by Longhornlove
  • Fuck You 1

20 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Right - I don't think the people PFF hires to grade are 'football smart' enough to know where the play is actually supposed to go.

Yeah.  Everytime I read an article on their grading processes I buy into them a little less.  It's better than nothing, across a season it's probably pretty good.

But a run chart like that in a zone run scheme is hard to garner much from.  RG might mean any play and has just as much to do with the defense as the offense.

13 minutes ago, Dahobbs said:

Hmm, interesting. My observation during the game had been that we were running left a lot despite have a lot more success to the right side. The stats appear to bear that out. Can anybody more knowledgeable say why we have run left so much more than right? Are we seeing something or trying to establish something?  

29 vs 22.  It's more left but within normal for that sample size.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Longhornlove said:

I can't tell you for sure because I don't have an account with wherever that dude posts. I only see what gets shared.   Plain and simple he was dead wrong on Hall. You can paint it however you want but he was as wrong as wrong gets. I want to say it was something about another injury.

He's consistently broken team news before it's hit the public domain for going on two years that's almost always ended up being accurate. You have Hall and some other injury that you can't come up with. 

• Hook 'Em 1

19 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

3. When Bryce Young went to empty sets in the fourth quarter, he started to carve us up. We may not have been prepared for it, or we may not have had the guys to cover it. Either way, it is something to watch. I think our gameplan was selling out to stop the run vs Bama. 

It wasn't just selling out to stop the run but Bama was clearly convinced they could just break our will at the LOS and pull away grinding out the run game in the 2nd half.  It's pretty damn impressive they were never able to do that.  A lot of people thought we would try to slow the game down but that was their game plan.   We came out slinging it.

• Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, JBJ said:

Yeah.  Everytime I read an article on their grading processes I buy into them a little less.  It's better than nothing, across a season it's probably pretty good.

But a run chart like that in a zone run scheme is hard to garner much from.  RG might mean any play and has just as much to do with the defense as the offense.

29 vs 22.  It's more left but within normal for that sample size.

That's for the full season though, not just Bama. Maybe I'm wrong, but I felt we were heavily favoring the left side in that game. 

Edited by Dahobbs

5 minutes ago, Fud said:

He's consistently broken team news before it's hit the public domain for going on two years that's almost always ended up being accurate. You have Hall and some other injury that you can't come up with. 

Hookah Horn, is that you? JFC dude, chill the fuck out. The dude was fucking wrong recently.  Extremely wrong. You can go suck his dick all you want, I believe it when I see it. Here is some advice, stop putting so much faith in "insiders". We all know how that went recently with the QB1 between Ewers and Card.

27 minutes ago, Fud said:

on top of getting the hall thing wrong, wasnt he one of the guys who said it was looking like card was going to be named the starter?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If it's Card a big key in this game will be whether he's learned to trust his receivers and air it out. Against this secondary deep routes are going to be an if I'm even I'm leavin' situation and he has to recognize that and throw a more accurate deep ball.

Quinn has 1 46 yd. deep ball and missed a bunch. Card has 1 42 yarder thrown perfect. Accuracy is not his issue, a slow trigger may be.

• Haha 2
  • Fuck You 13

7 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

on top of getting the hall thing wrong, wasnt he one of the guys who said it was looking like card was going to be named the starter?

When people were reporting that Card was the likely starter, here was his initial post

"Card did get most of the first team reps today, which is new. That's probably the root of the rumor. It doesn't mean Card is going to be named the starter. The second scrimmage looms large."

Then on the Friday before the second scrimmage, he broke that Ewers was getting the majority of the first team reps before Ewers was announced the starter later in the day. Ewers getting the first team reps wasn't anywhere else at that point 

"Ewers got more of the 1st team reps today than Card. But he wasn't very sharp. Threw a lot of picks downfield into double coverage. Kid needs to start processing what he's seeing better."

"And I just heard that Ewers did indeed get more of the 1st team reps today. But he threw a lot of picks into coverage downfield."

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Quinn has 1 46 yd. deep ball and missed a bunch. Card has 1 42 yarder thrown perfect. Accuracy is not his issue, a slow trigger may be.

Thanks for this.  Post less.  Card was 17th of 17 Big 12 QB's on deep ball accuracy ((completions + drops) / attempts) last season.

Edited by 40acredropout
  • Hook 'Em 1

21 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

Johnny,Johnny,Johnny....now you are gonna bring that over here?....You have been on Card's jock so long that your credibility is shot. Are you a sock for Card's Mom?

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

If it's Card a big key in this game will be whether he's learned to trust his receivers and air it out. Against this secondary deep routes are going to be an if I'm even I'm leavin' situation and he has to recognize that and throw a more accurate deep the ball.

FIFY

• Haha 3
  • Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, The Deuce said:

Pshhhh…… this play isn’t even that great. You try to pull this off against UTSA, and watch what happens. I swear the underestimating of this UTSA team is beyond annoying. Yeah, with a 5* QB against Bama’s D this worked well. You think a 3rd string QB is able to fire off a (checks film again to see distance) 7 Yd fuckin scud missile? Laughable. Let’s not forget again that this is UTSA’s D with a lot of athletes everyone is overlooking. THEY WILL SHUT THIS SHIT DOWN!!! Quit fuckin overlooking them, people!!! This is super cereal!!

Thanks BillinSinton!

36 minutes ago, Johnny Depp said:

umm, what?  good christ man.  love hudson's commitment, determination, and humility.  love that he tried to hero ball the game on saturday.  he owes us nothing and we should all rally behind him.  but saying deep ball accuracy is not his issue may be the dumbest football take in history.  the arkansas and iowa state games from last year are some of the most upsetting football passes i have ever seen.

just jump to 14:00 of the below video.  how do you miss xavier worthy when he's 8 yards behind his man?  or 9:25 against arkansas.  you have to be trolling.

• Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, sidis said:

umm, what?  good christ man.  love hudson's commitment, determination, and humility.  love that he tried to hero ball the game on saturday.  he owes us nothing and we should all rally behind him.  but saying deep ball accuracy is not his issue may be the dumbest football take in history.  the arkansas and iowa state games from last year are some of the most upsetting football passes i have ever seen.

just jump to 14:00 of the below video.  how do you miss xavier worthy when he's 8 yards behind his man?  or 9:25 against arkansas.  you have to be trolling.

Last year is last year. He QB'd our best win. He was a freshman.

• Fuck You 7

3 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

That info about Card sounds like bullshit. Maybe it's supposed to be. Yestarday on Burton's podcast, Nahlin, without going into detail, said he'd be surprised if Card plays, which sounded to me like Card has a pretty bad ankle sprain. And he's back to practicing 3 days later?

Well there’s your problem.

3 hours ago, Skipper said:

It wasn't just selling out to stop the run but Bama was clearly convinced they could just break our will at the LOS and pull away grinding out the run game in the 2nd half.  It's pretty damn impressive they were never able to do that.  A lot of people thought we would try to slow the game down but that was their game plan.   We came out slinging it.

I believe that was Saban’s plan, but Bill O’Brien said “Not so fast”. He never sticks with the run. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

I never thought I'd say this. But Johnny Depp, shut the hell up. 

I thought this was Surly? We got us a bonafide QB controversy in the beginning of a important season and you don't want to talk about it? It doesn't get any juicier that this. Get some popcorn man.

QB1 Shows great potential and jumps right in front of a charging bull

QB2 Jumps onboard and keeps the train rolling with one wheel falling off

QB3 Had everyone checking the depth chart early in the 2nd half, headlines since, might start game 3

QB4 isn't ready to go, there isn't one

Everyone talking about Roshon and the Wildcat.

This is the kind of entertainment we hope for every year, you need to take a shot and a bong hit and join the party.

royal.thumb.png.e02e29d0e81fc8845ba3f056317ef1b4.png

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 16