Wulaw Horn

1 hour ago, Zone Read said:

My twins and I are UT grads.  My oldest is a UTSA grad.  All of us are going.  I hate to see him unhappy but I'll live with it and buy him large quantities of alcohol after the game.

Or just come to the tailgate and drink for free. There till midnight! 

• Hook 'Em 8
  • Like 1

This game will be a very good game of evaluating whether indeed we have developed a new and higher standard.

If so then we will dominate, and the ability to get reps to depth against a still quality opponent in the second half.  OR we will fall victim to listening in how great we are. Well not we... but our players.  My belief is that there is now a core group of upperclassmen who have shown the path. It's something coaches want more than anything, but it's something only players can do.  Greatness only comes with accountability. And true accountability comes from the guy nest to you, and the shame that comes with being the weakest link.  I think we are very close to this place now.  With the young talent pushing the physical side of talent, and a new accountability building more and more as leaders demand more of their teammates.

This game will let us know whether or not we can play to a new higher standard? As I am fervently hoping.  It will be hard not to fall back to some degree emotionally. IF we truly have raised the bar to a higher standard, it will be apparent in the lack of, or the perfection of consistently high levels of error free play.  IF we have raised the bar. there will be nearly no starters playing in the 4th quarter, and we will get a glimmer of Malik.  Not necessarily because the offense was so potent, but because the defense was relentless.  I want to see discipline and consistency.  THAT more than anything will let us know if we have indeed raised the bar.

• Hook 'Em 5

10 hours ago, immamac said:

I'm no more plugged in than last year to the locker room, I keep telling you guys and you aren't listening - this is very very different from last year.

A nugget from spending about an hour with the Burnt Ends last night, they want to set an example. I feel kinda bad for UTSA, because they are going to be the outlet of a lot of frustration at how last weeks result ended up. 

Oh fucking great, everything you say turns up wrong so we're screwed

47 minutes ago, Billy Pilgrim said:

And get a Mr. Gatti’s pizza delivered. Real cheese, real hot, real taste is what we got. Real fresh, Real fast, your first Mr. Gatti’s won’t be your last.

dial 459-2222, and get a mister gatti's pizza del-iverrrreed... 

3 minutes ago, MrBig said:

EA8E6CF8-B5F3-4D24-848E-C566A00E883B.jpeg.093e3871fc30bdea5fee0579ea542832.jpeg

Wayne Wright demands the respect and justice we deserve

^ pre cowboy hat.

2 minutes ago, wood said:

Gatti's number was 459-2222. I know this very well because when I lived in Jester East in the 80s, our number was 495-2222. People (probably some of you fuckers) would call us all day and night, trying to order pizzas, and we'd have to tell them the right number, etc. Some stupid fuckers would call at like 3-4 am, long after Gatti's closed. We eventually got tired of that shit, and just started taking their order and telling them it would be there in 30 minutes. We'd do that til we went to bed, and then unplug the phone.  Sometimes people would call us back, irate, and we'd tell 'em shit like 'The driver says he knocked on your door, and nobody answered. He's headed back to you now', etc, etc. Good times, I guess. /csb

If it makes you feel any better, I never ordered Gattis for delivery.  Just recalled the annoying commercial incorrectly.  They were buffet only for me.  Delivery was Gumby’s or Double Dave’s.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, conVINCEd said:

If it makes you feel any better, I never ordered Gattis for delivery.  Just recalled the annoying commercial incorrectly.  They were buffet only for me.  Delivery was Gumby’s or Double Dave’s.

Ha! You weren't the only one.

And yeah, I was a MLK Gatti's Buffet guy too.

1 minute ago, conVINCEd said:

Gained 15 lbs on double Dave’s pizza rolls first year at Texas. Off duval location if it’s still there.  

43 minutes ago, wood said:

Gatti's number was 459-2222. I know this very well because when I lived in Jester East in the 80s, our number was 495-2222. People (probably some of you fuckers) would call us all day and night, trying to order pizzas, and we'd have to tell them the right number, etc. Some stupid fuckers would call at like 3-4 am, long after Gatti's closed. We eventually got tired of that shit, and just started taking their order and telling them it would be there in 30 minutes. We'd do that til we went to bed, and then unplug the phone.  Sometimes people would call us back, irate, and we'd tell 'em shit like 'The driver says he knocked on your door, and nobody answered. He's headed back to you now', etc, etc. Good times, I guess. /csb

seinfeld kramer GIF by simongibson2000

• Haha 6