9.12.22 Coach Sark PC @ 11:25

bigup2dahorns

6 minutes ago, 1leggedduck said:

If Wright is competent, does not make stupid hero decisions, and does not hold the ball too long, we will be fine. On the other hand, the kid may just be a gamer. This is his opportunity to show he should be QB2. So ball out, son. This is your big shot.

Dude throws a great deep ball, we'll be fine

6 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I saw Murphy in warm ups on Saturday and he didn't look hurt while dropping back and throwing. That one is weird. 

The "he's hurt" answer is a bit of a smoke-screen. I have it on good authority that's he nowhere near ready from a mental perspective and is far behind Wright in terms of maturity and understanding the offense. Wright is QB3.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, perfectchaos007 said:

Ewers is day to day because on Friday night they are going to numb his clavicle with the best drugs south of the border and he’s going to throw for 420 yards against UTSA

W. C. Fields, when reproached by an old dowager for taking a surreptitious nip, famously said, "Snakebite remedy, madam; I always keep it handy. In case I'm bitten by a snake, which I also always keep handy." So, I guess theoretically there can be good things about snakebites. Not so sure QB shoulder injuries fall into that same category, risk/reward-wise. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

I thought we would have done more with him. Not just once or twice. Hudson was pretty hurt. More possessions. I’m on lunch break and just hurrying to type.

Yeah idk. There whole gameplan was to make the QB beat them. I didn’t have a problem with the gameplan and even how it changed over the course of the game.

Edited by taybo20

31 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

I saw Murphy in warm ups on Saturday and he didn't look hurt while dropping back and throwing. That one is weird. 

Sark could just be protecting him some.  I've heard not close to being game ready which jives with some of the 9.95er reports that it's a complete overhaul of his throwing motion/mechanics.

3 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Did he mention that "we did not lose, we only ran out of time" again? Thanks Sark for taking that aggy gem away from us and not letting us use it anymore.

Not only that, I think he was wrong.  The longer that game went on, the more it played into Alabama's advantages of being deeper and having a healthy qb.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, DanTheHorn said:

Did he mention that "we did not lose, we only ran out of time" again? Thanks Sark for taking that aggy gem away from us and not letting us use it anymore.

Yeah I heard it in context it wasn't quite the same as what aggy says. He was implying that he thinks we score on that last drive if we had more time. Not the best way to articulate it but in context it wasn't quite what aggy does (which is to imply they would never lose if they had enough time). 

Ben Ballard - look at his offers/camp visits (he was going to go Ivy League if he didn't walk on) https://247sports.com/player/ben-ballard-88347/

Cole Lourd - offers from LSU, Ole Miss, Florida Atlantic (I guess Kiffin really wanted him) and a bunch of turd schools https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/cole-lourd-211426

2 hours ago, taybo20 said:

Looks can be deceiving. I also have no reason to think Sark is lying

What you call lying I call gamesmanship. What good does it do for us for us to know what he’s thinking?  If I don’t know, it’s unlikely Traylor knows. 

54 minutes ago, Porterhouse said:

What you call lying I call gamesmanship. What good does it do for us for us to know what he’s thinking?  If I don’t know, it’s unlikely Traylor knows. 

He also answered about who 3rd string was on Saturday. So who knows but sark. But sark also Wants to win so he’s gonna give himself the best chance regardless of whatever fans think about Murphy lol

I’m probably reading too much into it, but I was pleased to see Sarkisian a little more ornery today during the PC. He’s pissed we lost, he’s encouraged by the effort, but time to start imposing our will for the rest of the year. 

He knows that was a step forward, but he’s not smelling the roses or feeling too happy about it. Let’s go. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Hank Kingsley said:

I’m probably reading too much into it, but I was pleased to see Sarkisian a little more ornery today during the PC. He’s pissed we lost, he’s encouraged by the effort, but time to start imposing our will for the rest of the year. 

He knows that was a step forward, but he’s not smelling the roses or feeling too happy about it. Let’s go. 

I didn’t watch today, but Sark would fit in well in our little corner of the intertrons.  A little bit of a smartass and a little surly.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, allrightallrightallright said:

we won't know shit about the QB all week and I like that.  I imagine that won't change until OU when Ewers magically plays.  My guess is that Card, wright and roschon platoon until then.  Is card really so injured he couldn't play again?

I don’t think the question is can Card play.  I think it’s can we beat UTSA without him, and would we be in a better position to beat Tech if he has an extra week to heal.

• Hook 'Em 6