UT-Austin #10 public U per USN&WR

TKthunder2

40 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

Not sure your point. These aren’t the only rankings that matter but even so we’re only 1 of 8 P5 schools in the top 10.  Texas beats many of our peers in other rankings (patents granted, research dollars, international rankings, faculty and students awards/honors) but this isn’t a contest, Texas strives to be great because that is our mission.  When the medical school is fully built out (with a heavy presence of MD Anderson) and the graduate housing by the baseball field is complete we’ll rise even higher in the rankings (I’m sure there are other areas we’ll focus on, but I haven’t seen the 10 year plan in some time).

Anyone who thinks we aren’t peers with Cal, UCLA, Michigan, UNC, and UVA is either aggy, or simply uninformed.

Yeah, if you talk to hiring managers across industry there is a near-unanimous consensus that a UT degree is about as good as it gets for a public school.  Maybe not quite UC-B, maybe (maybe) not quite Ann Arbor, but absolutely as valuable as Wisconsin, Illinois, UNC, Virginia, etc.

The one I often see  undervalued, particularly in my field (engineering), is Georgia Tech.  In my view it's probably the best engineering school in the country.  I doubt it's a slouch in the other fields.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 9/13/2022 at 8:23 AM, YGIFS said:

And I can live with UT's spot because in Carnegie rankings, research grant decision rooms, graduate school admissions committees, and serious employers...we are worlds ahead of Florida.  But optically, I just fucking hate the way it reads.  Fucking Florida?  Seriously?  What meth head had to blow the editor of that list?  

95BE0217-C7B3-4688-B3E4-68B79ECDE605.gif.a8e99077cf077881f11de3bc1ecb92e8.gif

• Haha 1

On 9/13/2022 at 8:11 AM, RPM said:

They have an excellent Stripper Master's program.

You’ve obviously never been to cafe risqué.  Awful.  I mean I can’t even put into words how bad that titter is.  It’s on par with the rest of Gainesville that is not campus.  Also, I consider Virginia to be way more the south than Florida.  UVA>UF

On 9/13/2022 at 12:16 AM, TKthunder2 said:

Yeah, they’ve been ranked ahead of us for a while now.  Generally they’ve been around the same level as Wisconsin, not sure what they did to jump in the rankings as much as they have.

That being said, the below is even crazier in my book…

13 Illinois
13 William & Mary

15 Georgia Tech

16 Ohio State

17 Georgia

18 Purdue

19 Florida State
19 Rutgers
19 Maryland
19 Washington

https://circus.fsu.edu/