UT prof suing A&M

Pancho

27 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Racial breakdown of the general population is irrelevant, you look at the qualified applicant pool. 

The applicant pool of finance professors is about 60% asian, 30% Indian, 10% Caucasian, and 0% black.  And about 95% male.

Also, $100K will buy you about half a finance professor at A&M.  Probably less.

Edited by Beau Vine

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You think a higher percent of White and Asian doctoral students want to go into academics as opposed to other minorities? Or is the lack of opportunity leading to that result? 

No idea.  But first of all, I would not go by doctoral students. I would go by graduates who earned their doctorates.  You do that alone, and the racial numbers change significantly.

Blacks earning doctorates has increased recently, but it is still around 7% of newly issued doctorates.  Factor in faculty is not just made up of new doctorates but a lot of older professors from decades when Blacks were not earning degrees at a lower rate, and that is where you want to start.

4 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

You think a higher percent of White and Asian doctoral students want to go into academics as opposed to other minorities? Or is the lack of opportunity leading to that result? 

No idea.  But first of all, I would not go by doctoral students. I would go by graduates who earned their doctorates.  You do that alone, and the racial numbers change significantly.

Blacks earning doctorates has increased recently, but it is still around 7% of newly issued doctorates.  Factor in faculty is not just made up of new doctorates but a lot of older professors from decades when Blacks were not earning degrees at a lower rate, and that is where you want to start.

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

It’s gotta be tiring being such a hateful piece of shit. 

That's what these lawsuits are trying to remedy.  Good thing Congress had the wisdom to prohibit employment discrimination.  The color of your skin or gender should not be a factor in employment decisions, according to the rule of law.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, chainsaw said:

By faking injuries? No, I'm pretty sure when black students were applying to UT they really did want to enroll there.

He will have his day in Court.  And Judge Charles Eskridge, the Fifth Circuit, and the SCOTUS will ensure he is treated fairly as the plaintiff.

• Fuck You 2

5 minutes ago, mchookem said:

how shocking that sack is bragging about his intent to spend years filing frivolous tortious lawsuits. 

hmmm, seems familiar...🤔

I have handled a 100s employment discrimination matters.  These are some of the best I have ever seen as there is often direct evidence of discrimination.  You may not like them, but the ones I have seen -- I have no idea about this case -- are strong.

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

You sound like you already have all the facts and can judge the outcome.  Impressive.  I'd wait and see.

I mean, how does it make sense that someone with a cushy McCombs job would apply to A&M? And if he wasn't picked, why does he assume it was because he's white?

Just now, chainsaw said:

I mean, how does it make sense that someone with a cushy McCombs job would apply to A&M? And if he wasn't picked, why does he assume it was because he's white?

Maybe it paid more?  People change jobs for all sorts of reasons.  There are also civil rights issues since A&M is a state actor.  

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He will have his day in Court.  And Judge Charles Eskridge, the Fifth Circuit, and the SCOTUS will ensure he is treated fairly as the plaintiff.

Here is the Complaint:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/lowery-texas-am-complaint-usdc-houston.pdf

This has a 12(b)(6) motion to dismiss written all over it.

There is nothing in the Complaint about class allegations. Those have to be plead specifically.

Unless they dramatically change the pleadings, this has sanctions written all over it.

• Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Here is the Complaint:

https://www.courthousenews.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/09/lowery-texas-am-complaint-usdc-houston.pdf

There is nothing in the Complaint about class allegations. Those have to be plead specifically.

Unless they dramatically change the pleadings, this has sanctions written all over it.

Agreed.  He won’t have standing either.  

• Fuck You 1

17 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Here is the Complaint:

image.png.35401677ed7b16c80af3f426c742ef68.png

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

You know how you get to Carnegie Hall?

Watching Johnny's inevitable transformation into a full-on, bitch-made Karen is a beautiful thing.

You should also oppose discrimination.  It’s evil.  

It used to be socially acceptable by some segment of society to discriminate against Blacks. 

It is now socially acceptable by some segment to discriminate against Whites.  

In both cases, it was/is Democrats.  

• Fuck You 2

People seem to forget that affirmative action is only required because of how much indirection and deception the southern states were using to exclude non-Whites from integrating and fully enjoying the same rights and privileges that White people historically had. "Remedial" I think is the word, and it's the same reason why reparations are a necessary step towards fulfilling the promise of equality.

If A&M's policy is remedial, why would it be illegal?

• Hook 'Em 2

9 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You should also oppose discrimination.  It’s evil.  

It used to be socially acceptable by some segment of society to discriminate against Blacks. 

It is now socially acceptable by some segment to discriminate against Whites.  

In both cases, it was/is Democrats.  

you are seriously going to use this as the excuse that you never made partner and have to bounce around from strip mall firm to strip mall firm as "of counsel" aren't you?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, sidis said:

you are seriously going to use this as the excuse that you never made partner and have to bounce around from strip mall firm to strip mall firm as "of counsel" aren't you?

I’m a partner at my firm.  And I guarantee I’ve made more money in my career than you have.  

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

You must have an awesome career and life.  

i'm pretty satisfied with it so far...but then again, i suppose i could strive for the type of insecurity in life that drives me to post something as sad as:

And I guarantee I’ve made more money in my career than you have.  

• Hook 'Em 3

52 minutes ago, Lidig8r said:

Here is the Complaint:

That's ok.  When they lose, they get to be victims again.  

Edited by Tuco

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Blacks earning doctorates has increased recently, but it is still around 7% of newly issued doctorates.  Factor in faculty is not just made up of new doctorates but a lot of older professors from decades when Blacks were not earning degrees at a lower rate allowed to be hired, and that is where you want to start.

FIFY.

It's acceptable that Blacks are underrepresented because the older white guys were hired when we all admit there was discrimination?

In another 50 years, maybe the numbers will start to even out. Why would anyone be upset with that pace of progress?