2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

Good on them for the donation, but they both sound like robots as they read their assigned lines off of a cue card. Is it that difficult for 2 people to speak spontaneously for 30 seconds? "Hey we're thrilled to donate $500K and here's why." Maybe thrown in a smile so you don't look like hostages? Its strange because usually Jordan is pretty open and likeable whenever you see him with a microphone in front of him. 

On 10/2/2022 at 2:24 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Pulling for Alejandro Tosti this afternoon; Monday qualifier, right now hanging around the T10 and -3 thru 8 (also a test of the Wally jinx)

jinx confirmed - Tosti shoots 33 on the front, Wally posts, Tosti shoots 39 on the back. Goes from 10th'ish to final T39.  

I think I am the person William H Macy played in The Cooler

• Haha 1

On 10/2/2022 at 1:24 PM, Wally Fairway said:

Pulling for Alejandro Tosti this afternoon; Monday qualifier, right now hanging around the T10 and -3 thru 8 (also a test of the Wally jinx)

Alejandro Tosti Sunday Flash Interview 2022 Sanderson Farms Championship

Results 2022 Sanderson Farms Championship

Screenshot_20221003-190029_kindlephoto-16254152.thumb.png.a5d01d0bb865d83df75bbc0f22c56c3d.png

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, Wally Fairway said:

I can't imagine the pressure and scrutiny Chuck will have if/when he hits the AJGA, let alone college and then the tour.

At last year's PNC tourney, he seemed to manage the press and pressure with ease. Dude was chill as fuck and even talked shit back to Tiger and Justin during play. He is being groomed by Tiger on how to play golf, which also includes how to manage pressures/expectations and all the shit that goes with being the son of Tiger Woods.

This does not look like a kid who's fazed by much.

Edited by crash_davis
  • Hook 'Em 1

On 10/5/2022 at 10:05 AM, Pam Cummings said:

He is golf's only hope honestly. I don't think many people will care about the sport after his dad is gone. Hope he can be a great one.

Fucking stop, lulz. When Tiger won the 2019 masters, his 15th major, 10.8 million people watched the final round. Last year when Scottie Scheffler won his first major, 10.2 million watched the final round. Was Tiger good for the game, absolutely. Is he the best golfer of my generation, absolutely. Will golf survive after Tiger stops ruining major coverage by limping around 10 shots over the cut line, absolutely. 

• Hook 'Em 5

49 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Fucking stop, lulz. When Tiger won the 2019 masters, his 15th major, 10.8 million people watched the final round. Last year when Scottie Scheffler won his first major, 10.2 million watched the final round. Was Tiger good for the game, absolutely. Is he the best golfer of my generation, absolutely. Will golf survive after Tiger stops ruining major coverage by limping around 10 shots over the cut line, absolutely. 

To be fair Pam Cummings thought that Scottie's last season was unprecedented in modern golf outside of Tiger. 

You had to go all the way back to 2005 to dig up anything remotely close....don't know why you think it's so crazy that i was geeked out about the fact that a Longhorn alum won 4 starts in a row. He won the Masters. Yeah, i was excited for the dude. Get the fuck over it.

Edited by Pam Cummings

11 hours ago, Blotto said:

https://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2022/04/masters-ratings-three-year-high-cbs-scheffler-tiger-viewership/

It should be noted that the numbers remain historically low for the Masters. The 5.8 rating is the fourth-lowest on record for final round coverage, ahead of only the past two years and 1957. Even with out-of-home providing a lift, viewership also ranks as the third-lowest dating back to at least 1994.

This part is in reference to last year's Masters coverage. Obviously a sport on the rise. You'll note that last year was the highest since 2019, and probably only due to one certain person being there. And it wasn't Scottie freakin Scheffler.

Edited by Pam Cummings

• 2 weeks later...
8 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

They should do these at famous courses that don’t normally host tournaments.  It was pretty cool when the did that match at Seminole when everything was shut down for covid.

I'd sit through the whole thing if they played it at Cypress Point; and I typically don't watch exhibition matches

• Hook 'Em 2

6 minutes ago, Wally Fairway said:

I'd sit through the whole thing if they played it at Cypress Point; and I typically don't watch exhibition matches

I’d tune in at 16. Just kidding, I would watch the whole thing as well.  Pine Valley also.

Edited by conVINCEd
  • Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, TonyTexas said:

How does this happen?  There was zero inclement weather in Houston today?

Too many slow players, thought this would get better with Na and BDC taking their slowness elsewhere but apparently there are still a slew of very deliberate players
I'm not saying it is AimPoint, but other people are saying it contributes

I can see that. Aside from those left that are just plain slow anyway, it’s probably a good mix of micro issues making up the balance. A second here and there, for whatever, across field adds up quick.

Combined with some of the shortest day lengths of the season and you have a recipe for finishing rounds in the morning.

Which potentially backs up the next day.

Im such a sucker for comments like this

You know, it's hard, so this will be a tough week. The [PNC Championship] will be a very easy week. Charlie will just hit all the shots and I'll just get the putts out of the hole, so pretty easy there. 

https://www.espn.com/golf/story/_/id/35138488/tiger-woods-had-two-more-wreck-related-surgeries-22

• Haha 1