2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

Oh I know, and they look damn comfortable.  But between the Solstice and Columbus Day, they look just as annoying as the Westlake teenager in a hoodie.  You're not fooling anybody Male Karen!  

Anyway, guess we should do one last Dell Match Play deal later this month.  Not a big golf fan, but it's a fun time and some Longhorns are always in the mix it seems.  Plus nice eye candy.  

21 minutes ago, tbone_ said:

They ridicule themselves publicly.

Wonder why the PGA doesn’t do anything.

These are probably the same guys that act like juveniles at charity golf tournaments. Yucking it up, acting goofy and be those oh-so-beloved wacky guys just out having some fun. I don't mind having a good time, but grown men acting like assholes is tiresome. Golf bros.

On 3/7/2023 at 10:59 PM, ztejas said:

Outside of SoCal and Florida it's actually pretty fucking amazing but to each their own. 

But - you're right - it must be an accident that Austin-area high schools fucking dominate state championships won as of late and UT is and has been one of the best golf programs in the country. 

Lol what the fuck are you babbling about? State championships and Longhorn golf has nothing to do with the quality of golf courses in the Central Texas area. 

32 minutes ago, Revolution512 said:

Lol what the fuck are you babbling about? State championships and Longhorn golf has nothing to do with the quality of golf courses in the Central Texas area. 

No shit. Stillwater and Baton Rouge will never be compared to the Monterey Peninsula yet OSU and LSU are two of the most successful golf programs in history

Scottie is just so fucking dialed in right now. (until I started thumbing out this post)

A year ago today I was watching this tournament on Saturday with my dad. His health was failing and I was plotting on how I was going to get him in the boat without him having to climb around too much. He looked at me and said “Son, you know my entire life has been fishing, but with as much effort as your stepmom has made in keeping me alive I'll be damned if I'm just going to announce that we’re going next weekend.” He died on the following Wednesday.

So between the joy of watching Scottie play lights out and going through some delayed grief, I'm in a glass cage of emotion today. Just so dusty right now.

How did that birdie on 6 not fall? Then a tee shot into the water at 7.

I'll shut up now.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Revolution512 said:

Yeah DFW has a lot more to offer in the way of golf. Houston as well. Just quality courses that aren't packed and at a reasonable price.

^^^
you should check out her instagram. Very slutty.  She doesn’t have many body parts that haven’t been doctored. Also, she’s been fucking Oscar de la Hoya for a couple of years. Only a slight step up from her previous sugar daddy, that douchebag Vegas Dave. 

1 hour ago, Pam Cummings said:

Yeah DFW has a lot more to offer in the way of golf. Houston as well. Just quality courses that aren't packed and at a reasonable price.

San Antonio has a great set of courses as well. It's just shocking how bad golf is in the Austin area for the general public and even the country club options. 

You have to pay near $100 on a weekend with cart and range balls for Star fucking Ranch. That's dumb. 

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

^^^
you should check out her instagram. Very slutty.  She doesn’t have many body parts that haven’t been doctored. Also, she’s been fucking Oscar de la Hoya for a couple of years. Only a slight step up from her previous sugar daddy, that douchebag Vegas Dave. 

Just seems like she's made of plastic now...

28 minutes ago, dieucla98 said:

San Antonio has a great set of courses as well. It's just shocking how bad golf is in the Austin area for the general public and even the country club options. 

You have to pay near $100 on a weekend with cart and range balls for Star fucking Ranch. That's dumb. 

Star Ranch isn't even a good layout either. You're right, SA has quite a few good courses to choose from.

Scottie is pretty damn incredible. I’m a JS fan also but Scheffler is just dominating. 

When JS is on he’s exciting to watch but he’s too inconsistent. But if JS were dominating like this today there’d be more interest and I can’t fathom why. (I also am watching the basketball bc this is a huge weekend so I get it.) Proud of both of them but don’t understand the total fandom for JS at this point when it’s clear Scottie is a much better golfer right now.

Hook’em! It’s cool to have two Longhorns be so awesome but there should be more love for Scottie I guess. I mean you can like them both…but it’s like people just fucking check out when JS checks out. Which is often…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicole44 said:

Scottie is pretty damn incredible. I’m a JS fan also but Scheffler is just dominating. 

When JS is on he’s exciting to watch but he’s too inconsistent. But if JS were dominating like this today there’d be more interest and I can’t fathom why. (I also am watching the basketball bc this is a huge weekend so I get it.) Proud of both of them but don’t understand the total fandom for JS at this point when it’s clear Scottie is a much better golfer right now.

Hook’em! It’s cool to have two Longhorns be so awesome but there should be more love for Scottie I guess. I mean you can like them both…but it’s like people just fucking check out when JS checks out. Which is often…

Because JS let’s you see more of “Scottie on the inside” from 4th and 5’s post.

For pure entertainment, Spieth is the guy I like to watch.

for pure golf play, Scheffler is the guy I like to watch.

It’s like having two children. You love them both equally in their own ways 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not gimmicky at all. It's part of the reason the PGA tour grew so big and why people tune in. You think people would give a shit about the 16th at the Phoenix if it wasn't a zoo? Money runs golf, and those of us watching from home would lose interest.

If you think it's gimmicky then I don't want to know your opinion on amen corner.

Or the 17th at St. Andrews.

Or pretty much every set of finishing holes on tour.

46 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Not gimmicky at all. It's part of the reason the PGA tour grew so big and why people tune in. You think people would give a shit about the 16th at the Phoenix if it wasn't a zoo? Money runs golf, and those of us watching from home would lose interest.

If you think it's gimmicky then I don't want to know your opinion on amen corner.

Or the 17th at St. Andrews.

Or pretty much every set of finishing holes on tour.

I find 17 to be gimmicky for sure.

This event just has a lot of random winners. Nobody's game "sets up" well for the course. You'll have a guy win here then miss the next 3 cuts. Just a strange track to me, and even moreso now that it's in March and you get all kinds of strange weather.

Edited by Pam Cummings

27 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

This event just has a lot of random winners. Nobody's game "sets up" well for the course. You'll have a guy win here then miss the next 3 cuts. Just a strange track to me, and even moreso now that it's in March and you get all kinds of strange weather.

The random winner criticism is overblown.  There have only been a handful of true randos over the last 30 years (Tim Clark in 2010, Stephen Ames in 2006, Fred Funk in 2004 and Craig Perks in 2002).  No different than any of the majors. (Willett, Schwartzel, Immelman, Weir) (Walker, Dufner, Yang, Micheel, Beem) (Woodland, Glover, Ogilvy, Campbell, Jones) (Hamilton, Curtis, Lawrie, Baker Finch).

25 minutes ago, alincoln said:

The random winner criticism is overblown.  There have only been a handful of true randos over the last 30 years (Tim Clark in 2010, Stephen Ames in 2006, Fred Funk in 2004 and Craig Perks in 2002).  No different than any of the majors. (Willett, Schwartzel, Immelman, Weir) (Walker, Dufner, Yang, Micheel, Beem) (Woodland, Glover, Ogilvy, Campbell, Jones) (Hamilton, Curtis, Lawrie, Baker Finch).

Right but then none of the majors other than Augusta are played at the same place annually, and while Augusta has produced a few random winners, for the most part the cream rises to the top.

Freaking Willett should NOT be a masters champion. Unbelievably stupid from Jordan and now triggering my PTSD.

Pete Dye appreciates your compliment. You must hate some of the Par 3s at Pebble Beach too, right?

Did you even watch the tournament? Hoge shot a fucking 78. And then sets the course record and finishes T3.

Danny Willett is exactly the kind of guy who I want to win the Masters. But then again, I always pull for the underdog.

And If I'd won the Player’s, I might take my foot off the gas for a few weeks in anticipation of the Masters too.

Scottie, Cam, JT and Rory are the last 4 winners. I think they’re on a good run of champs right now. It’s too bad they can no longer claim the strongest field of the year. 

I have nothing against these guys personally but I hope they all miss the cut at Augusta. But if I were them, I would gladly trade villain status for those paychecks.

4126b8aaccf3adf2b199c4d16f7c6107.jpg

12 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Pete Dye appreciates your compliment. You must hate some of the Par 3s at Pebble Beach too, right?

Did you even watch the tournament? Hoge shot a fucking 78. And then sets the course record and finishes T3.

Danny Willett is exactly the kind of guy who I want to win the Masters. But then again, I always pull for the underdog.

And If I'd won the Player’s, I might take my foot off the gas for a few weeks in anticipation of the Masters too.

What i meant is that a person will win at Sawgrass, then miss the cut in that same event for the next 3 years.

And it's just an opinion. I think Pebble Beach, while a beautiful course, is a bit boring if the wind isn't blowing to protect it. The guys kinda rip it up without the wind. But a really obviously good track.

Hoge shot the course record on the easiest scoring day we've probably seen. I just didn't like how last year, half the field was kinda screwed by the weather, while the other half of the field got to play the course in perfectly easy and scorable conditions. Cam Smith was in the half that didn't have to play in the bad weather. And i know it happens sometimes in the British, but still. It's just how the weather is there in March and why i liked this tournament better in May.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Another article. Golf is seeing a rebirth in terms of general public participation. Why fuck up golf now? 

Today's athletes are bigger, stronger, have better training. That's a good thing. You don't see the NBA suggesting that the NBA basket is raised to 11 feet while keeping it 10 feet for everyone else.

https://golf.com/gear/golf-balls/usga-rollback-bifurcation-announcement/

Edited by crash_davis

16 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

Another article. Golf is seeing a rebirth in terms of general public participation. Why fuck up golf now? 

Today's athletes are bigger, stronger, have better training. That's a good thing. You don't see the NBA suggesting that the NBA basket is raised to 11 feet while keeping it 10 feet for everyone else.

https://golf.com/gear/golf-balls/usga-rollback-bifurcation-announcement/

I hate the crying about distance crowd. Just set the courses up to be harder and faster with longer rough and it won't be so easy. We just saw this at API.

It literally makes no sense. The shorter hitters will always be behind the longer hitters, no matter what golf ball they are allowed to use. Like wow, so now Rahm and Scheffler and McIlroy have to hit 8i into a hole instead of wedge. The shorter hitters are now hitting 5i.

Edited by Pam Cummings
  • Like 1