2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

Just now, Pam Cummings said:

I hate the crying about distance crowd. Just set the courses up to be harder and faster with longer rough and it won't be so easy. We just saw this at API.

Agreed. You don't have to gimp the balls. You don't have to keep buying land and moving back the tees. The solutions are higher rough and trees. Plant trees along the fairways around 300-330 yards. Make 300-320 yard long drives a risk/reward situation. Cut the rough a little higher in strategic sections to promote risk/reward. Get creative with golf course designs to force certain yardages on certain shots.

• Like 1

I'm against the rollback, but the argument in the interview about it being cool that I can play the same ball as JT is what makes the game great. No it's that I can play some of the same courses. I can also play the same driver too, but I don't want to pay 800 for a shaft and also it wouldn't work for my slower swing speed.

If the usga and the Brits are concerned about distance, then pinch the fairways at 300 yards and make the rough penal as shit. Cool you drove it 360 and have 120 to the pin. Good luck hitting it out of 18 inches of fescue.

And while I'm bitching, get rid of the ball spotters. If they can't find their ball on their own, back to the fucking tee, puto.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, ConferenceRoom said:

The last thing either association wants to do is slow down time of play. If someone knows where the ball is, let's go. 

Pace of play is definitely an issue. Shorten the time they have to hit their shot to 1 minute. Put a shot clock on the standard bearers board. 

Spoiler

18 hours ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Pace of play is definitely an issue. Shorten the time they have to hit their shot to 1 minute. Put a shot clock on the standard bearers board. 

Jordan Spieth:

tenor.gif?itemid=13459123&f=1&nofb=1&ipt

Actually it may benefit Jordan because he overthinks the fuck out of some shots. Listening to him and Michael argue for 2 mins is sometimes fun, but then when he chunks the ball into the water or does what Michael warned him about, not so fun.

30 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Anyone know why Schenk’s caddie has “Bunker” on his back instead of “Schenk”? 

Caddies get to fuck around with the name this week

i haven’t watched much.

assuming Schenk was in the sand a lot this week 

somebody made birdie on 18 Thursday to “save” an 89. So the next day, caddie had “Mr. 89” on his back 

Edited by UTexasFight

14 minutes ago, UTexasFight said:

Caddies get to fuck around with the name this week

i haven’t watched much.

assuming Schenk was in the sand a lot this week 

somebody made birdie on 18 Thursday to “save” an 89. So the next day, caddie had “Mr. 89” on his back 

Ah, ok.

I wonder if it’s because of the two stroke penalty Schenk received in 2019 when his caddy stood behind him when he was in the bunker to talk after he had already addressed the ball, violating the rule that had been introduced outlawing caddies aligning players. 

Edited by Uncle Nate

8 minutes ago, Uncle Nate said:

Ah, ok.

I wonder if it’s because of the two stroke penalty Schenk received in 2019 when his caddy stood behind him when he was in the bunker to talk after he had already addressed the ball, violating the rule that had been introduced outlawing caddies aligning players. 

Bunker is the name of the caddie’s dog. Or Schenk’s dog. Someone’s dog, anyway.