2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

I'll get out there one of the three weekdays, probably Wednesday or Thursday.  I could give a shit about golf, but it's a fun time to cheer for Longhorn players and see old friends.  Friday is looking like a rain deluge,  but it's March in Austin so who the fuck knows.  

My only pro tip is to park, if you can, on the 4819 North Capital of Texas Highway strip of townhomes.  You can walk in the back, avoid all the parking, all the traffic, all the entry lines.  If it weren't for that, I probably wouldn't bother.  I'm too impatient in my old age.  

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BearSchlong said:

Also, is it advisable to Uber? Can they drop off close?

From what I read, yes.  However, I would imagine it will be a giant pain in the ass to get the return Uber.

Going Friday and Saturday.  I just said "fuck it" and bought the outrageously overpriced parking passes for Barton Creek Mall with the shuttle...mostly because a round-trip Uber from Round Rock and back would exceed that amount, and because of the aforementioned pain to get an Uber at the end of the day.

And as a client of enterprise software, I can assure you that your client probably would rather talk golf than software as well. 

• Like 1

Can you just show up, pay, and park or do you have to buy a ticket in advance for the shuttle?

I just emailed my corporate overlords, maybe they have some extras.

I just figured out if I play my cards right, I can have this gig for every single PGA tour event plus the Masters.

I’m getting there early but will be leaving early enough to catch the 7pm AA flight to DFW.

6 minutes ago, BearSchlong said:

Can you just show up, pay, and park or do you have to buy a ticket in advance for the shuttle?

I just emailed my corporate overlords, maybe they have some extras.

I just figured out if I play my cards right, I can have this gig for every single PGA tour event plus the Masters.

I’m getting there early but will be leaving early enough to catch the 7pm AA flight to DFW.

You have to buy it digitally ahead of time.  Tickemaster.  It's a damn racket.

Hmm...what you sellin?  Maybe I can be one of your potential clients.  :D  

• Like 1

Uber there is easy but it can be a bitch of a wait on the way back. The Maudie's plan above is solid advice. 

Alternatively, there are garages across 360 (west side of 360, south of river) that you can buy passes ahead of time for like $50 if I recall correctly. Not affiliated with the event so they don't get advertised much.

Found the link: https://www.premiumparking.com/P3088

$55

Edit: ha, nevermind.... Sold out already. Last year we bought it day of for Thursday.

Edited by dieucla98

Because you won’t have enough time to get everything in if you don’t. Remember, the day isn’t over when the final match wraps up. they have to have cushion (daylight) to work through any group tiebreakers

move everything up so if there is passing lightning and a hour delay or so, you’re right back where you would have been 

Edited by UTexasFight

2 hours ago, Pam Cummings said:

I've never seen someone do that before, so that's pretty cool.

Give me MacIntrye from a couple of years ago.

mostly because 1) this was on a Friday and had to win the whole to have a chance to advance, 2) he hit in to DJ and the “wtf” look on the Johnson bros faces as they backed off on a putt DJ had to have to for a chance to advance and 3) I was there and saw it incoming.

DJ WTF face:

C067AF96-D03E-457E-8BE8-AE896E134E84.thumb.jpeg.fab24c126a7883a772c57a9a2a6e88d7.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1