2022-23 PGA Tour season

Wally Fairway

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Scottie -7 and gonna have an eagle try...  He's still in the hunt. 

Spieth's -7 is probably not enough now with 3 players still on the course at -8.

Not a chance -7 gets into a playoff. It will be either 8 or 9. 

1 minute ago, heso said:

Too many guys at -8. Someone will make a putt to win on 18 at -9. 

I mean KK can birdie 16 to get to -9 and par out.

But yeah I feel like -9 is the number to win or make a playoff. 

And there goes Hovland.

Edited by ztejas

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

I mean KK can birdie 16 to get to -9 and par out.

But yeah I feel like -9 is the number to win or make a playoff. 

And there goes Hovland.

Yep, forgot about Kitayama still sitting in the fairway at 16. 

1 hour ago, Grade of D as in David said:

Anyone who says bababooey or mashed potato after a drive should be shot

Probably one of the two dumbest things in professional sports. I’m convinced people can’t be that dumb, particularly golf fans, and it’s some longstanding troll job by a group that doesn’t realize it’s not funny and they look like buffoons saying it. 

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

Golf fans are the worst sports fan anywhere. Awkward as fuck and most are so dumb on golf in general.

That was a GREAT tournament. One of the best Sundays in quite a while.

There’s a difference between a normal gallery and the Waste Management or when US Open is held in NY area. I’d consider galleries to be a combo between highly intelligent on golf and there for the party only. The latter are the types that yell stupid shit. I can’t explain people who wear golf shoes. Those are nerds. 

33 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

File this in The Fuck category. That's an easy way to get DQed if he mis-remembers a par vs bogey but what do I know?

Fqfcj7KXoAAJQ-n?format=jpg&name=large

I'm sure Greller is keeping tabs along the way. It's only a DQ if he signs it incorrectly and at that point, Max will have had to sign/verify it as well.

46 minutes ago, crash_davis said:

File this in The Fuck category. That's an easy way to get DQed if he mis-remembers a par vs bogey but what do I know?

Those guys can remember what they hit into the green on #7 during the 3rd round of the 2018 John Deere Classic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, dieucla98 said:

I'm sure Greller is keeping tabs along the way. It's only a DQ if he signs it incorrectly and at that point, Max will have had to sign/verify it as well.

It's only a DQ if he signs it incorrectly as a lower score. Otherwise they go with the score you sign for.

Obit-De_Vicenzo_Golf_07134-0411d.jpg.9ecc19fc980284dd301d57935b90ef8c.jpg

"What a stupid I am"

6 hours ago, Lurch said:

Official now... This is the final year for Match Play on the Tour

https://www.kxan.com/sports/2023-wgc-dell-technologies-match-play-to-be-last-in-austin/

Between ACC folks and media, stilll not really hearing the reason why they're not doing it.  Yes, contract expires but they're nothing preventing them from renewing it.  Unless there's other central texas/hill country course that's usurping them?  

32 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

the 3 modern golfers I’d love to see 

Yes, I too would like to watch the clear cut 3 best golfers in the world play together. 

I watched Tiger and Rory play that one year at ACC. That was pretty cool. 

1 hour ago, ztejas said:

Yes, I too would like to watch the clear cut 3 best golfers in the world play together. 

watching tiger, multiple times pre injuries / pre want to be a navy seal, was something special 

14 hours ago, ztejas said:

Not necessarily the top 3 OWGR, but close

FedEx finals pairs the players by standing, and I thought some of the WGC's used to do it.
US Open used to have some fun with pairings, some good groups, some all lefties, all double names, etc - then then decided to join the no fun club 

2 hours ago, NoName said:

Full Swing renewed for another season @ Netflix

I ended up liking it, and it definitely has me more interested in golf. I'm a filthy casual and it definitely made me want to follow/root for some of the guys featured.

Basically everyone except for Koepka and Dustin Johnson. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

I probably watch more than most and still didn’t really know anything about Joel Dahman before Full Swing. Really hoping he gets into some late Sundays this year

Pretty much the same here.

The first couple of episodes were meh. But I’ve been liking it more than I would have thought. Watching episode 7 right now