The Challenge 38- Ride or Dies. Premiers October 12th

shadow_operative

On 6/16/2022 at 6:01 AM, ss13 said:

Good to see Laurel back, but isn’t this one on CBS? 

No that's an entirely different season that CBS is putting on featuring reality "stars" from CBS shows.  TJ is hosting both and we get extra Challenge, so I'm here for it.  

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Probably should start a new thread, but here's the CBS cast. Starts this Thursday, the 6th, at 8. 

http://www.mtv.com/news/3187055/the-challenge-usa-meet-the-cast/

I don't know a one of these cats. 

Some pics on main page look like the alternate universe versions of some of the OG cast. Lol

6 hours ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Probably should start a new thread, but here's the CBS cast. Starts this Thursday, the 6th, at 8. 

http://www.mtv.com/news/3187055/the-challenge-usa-meet-the-cast/

I don't know a one of these cats. 

my strongest opinion- Azah, of Big Brother "Cookout" fame, might be my least favorite person to appear on any Challenge ever. she is absolutely worthless, her personality sucks, and she's fake as hell. i may find Fessy to be unbelievably irksome to watch,  it at least he's a half decent competitor who brings hilarity to the show in the form of his hubris/85 IQ. Azah brings nothing and she sucks as a person. 

also, Xavier, who won BB, should be a really good player. and Tiffany is a top, top flight strategist. she should excel at the plotting/scheming/politicking aspect of the game. she masterminded the strongest alliance in BB history and led the entire group to the end. she's legit. 

Danny from survivor is legit....he was ex NFL player and a nice dude on that show.

Big brother people have a.huge advantage because most of them have worked with each other prior...pretty much the whole cookout is on there plus others from that season

7 hours ago, CAHorn said:

Since I haven't watched Big Brother in ages I find it hard to get interested in this show.

It's not the Challenge format that gets me to watch, it's the people I've watched evolve over the years on it.

big brother has been pretty terrible for awhile now. i enjoyed last season more than most so tom because of the way The Cookout alliance sliced through the rest of the cast like a rolling ball of butcher knives, but even then the show was just "meh". the lady who does the casting for BB is objectively terrible at her job, going for all of the Swaggy C's, Fessy's, Josh's, and useless hot chicks you can handle. no strategists, no real game players, just young, mostly hot, vapid, vain, lazy people who peaked in HS, lounging around all summer doing nothing interesting.

4 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

big brother has been pretty terrible for awhile now. i enjoyed last season more than most so tom because of the way The Cookout alliance sliced through the rest of the cast like a rolling ball of butcher knives, but even then the show was just "meh". the lady who does the casting for BB is objectively terrible at her job, going for all of the Swaggy C's, Fessy's, Josh's, and useless hot chicks you can handle. no strategists, no real game players, just young, mostly hot, vapid, vain, lazy people who peaked in HS, lounging around all summer doing nothing interesting.

Kind of what I thought. Most of what has come to the Challenge (like Swaggy C. and Fessy) has been insufferable. 

Biggest "What If" over the past 4 years of the Challenge to me is: What if the Mexican telenovela guy (Alan Valdez) doesn't break his hand/wrist ten minutes into War of the Worlds season and Josh goes home like he was going to for coming in last? Josh would have had 1-2 minutes of screentime total. Do we ever see Josh again, or is that it for him? Maybe the BB voting block never happens.

• Hook 'Em 1

19 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Robyn is gone as of this season. Doing some other show or something. Don’t really care for her. Am very curious to see the first cast that’s not hers on Tuesday 

• Hook 'Em 1

• 2 months later...

i know it probably wrapped up filming before June, but Bananas is straight-up 40 now.  And Darrell turns 43 in 2 months.

I know they are both historically in reasonable shape, but man, competing after 40 doesnt seem like the best chance to win anymore. 

I realize MTV is probably giving them both guaranteed money, I hope its at least $150k each for both of them.

On 7/3/2022 at 1:02 PM, UTPhil2006 said:

Robyn is gone as of this season. Doing some other show or something. Don’t really care for her. Am very curious to see the first cast that’s not hers on Tuesday 

new casting director got it right. brought in so many real BB fans and people who were there to compete. first time in a while (as far as i remember) that the entire game wasn't either A)one dominant alliance with all of the strongest guys running the show, or B)two big alliances form early and there isn't a lot of mystery as to how the game will play out. this season we've seen so many alliances come and go, and so many players go up and down in terms of popularity. this new casting director crushed it.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

What’s the scoop on this one from BB? Her Insta is pretty good. 

https://www.instagram.com/analysetalavera/

she was absolutely worthless on BB, but she was a division 1 soccer player (i think at Nevada) and she's hot, so as far as female competitors go, she's not bad. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, shadow_operative2.0 said:

Season preview episode tonight at 7. Everyone gets introduced & moved in, then we can get to the real shit on Wednesday. 

So this is an actual MTV season with the usual cast of characters, right? Or is this another CBS thing I won't be watching?

16 hours ago, utxmike05 said:

Interesting that they reveal to viewers that there will be a twist and who it is.

Jordan and Anessa? Poor guy.

I read a tortured interview where he was trying to spin it as best he could.

But it's really hard to see them as anything other than a shotgun pairing to once again get her on the show.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CAHorn said:

I read a tortured interview where he was trying to spin it as best he could.

But it's really hard to see them as anything other than a shotgun pairing to once again get her on the show.

Yea on the ep when each secret duo talked about why they are ride or dies...Jordan and Aneesa had the least reasons lol.  "Oh 13 years ago we played trivia...."

I am guessing that it had to do with Tori. Jordan (or producers) probably figured it was best to be paired with Tori's bff.  And also to somehow give Aneesa more air time. Smh

18 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

i read somewhere that one of them was supposed to have a different partner who backed out at the last second, so production scrambled and somehow put those two together.

It was probably Aneesa's partner, who backed out as soon as he learned he was Aneesa's partner.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I thought they banned Turbo after he roid raged on someone 2 seasons back?

I really thought the twist of the daggers was going to be a switcheroo, you pull that dagger and you can put any team  (incl the non-interviewed) except the power couple in the arena (or whatever they fuck they are calling it this year).

and as we know, Devon aint gonna put up with a rookie team doing that shit. J&R better pray that a vet team doesnt win for the next 5 rounds because the moment they do, unless someone fucked that team over more, J&R are gonna be in the arena for sure. 

Turbo went nuts on Jordan last I think. Jordan was making fun of how Turbo walks and talks. Baited him for sure to see if he would get kicked off. 

Now Turbo is super lame...he is either just an up-tight idiot with no sense of humor. Or he is just playing a character now to be a villain. I think it's both though. 

I guess lunatic Turbo is going to get his ass kicked out again by starting shit and getting into a house fight at some point. dude just literally doesnt understand the purpose of diplomacy at all.

and HTF do we have a quitter after  only 1 challenge where the only danger was getting muddy?

I mean shit at least after this challenge one or 2 of the women looked like they may have broken ribs from hitting the platform wrong... that would be a valid reason to check out. but damn, just quitting after 1 fucking challenge?

just now tuning in to watch, and it sounds like Horacio beasted this daily. i just wish that mtv had considered, you know, actually showing any of it, other than a 1.5 second clip of him grabbing the rope in slow-mo. just show us what he did from a sports broadcast angle one time, then get with all of your slow mo replays and techno music and explosions and shit.