Dahmer

Parliament

13 hours ago, Jshep34 said:

Screw the police. Had so many chances to stop it

Sent from my SM-G990U using Tapatalk

Yea caused me to look up a few things, that fucking cop got re-instated with 55k back pay and then became the Head of the Milwaukee police association form 2005-2009. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, sidis said:

b9dbcb21143046ce81d1c8a0e432ca94adacf42e

funny-meme-about-netflix-murder-shows-an

When cable went big, there was a moment of it being this wonderful spectrum of different choices. Fine Arts Channel. The Learning Channel. Arts and Entertainment Channel. The Nature Channel. The History Channel.

The History Channel was pretty much referred to as the Hitler channel for a few years as I guess that was the cheapest footage with the most interest around. Such a naive notion of what America wanted to watch. TLC is like a freakshow with grossly obese people and dwarves. The Kardashians found a nice home on one these channels as well.

PT Barnum knew his shit.

• Hook 'Em 3

12 minutes ago, Zepol87 said:

Damn ok now it makes more sense if he was a bigger dude because Evan Peters just doesn't seem physically able to take down people but I also haven't been attacked by a serial killer so I also probably have no clue what I am talking about

There are other mugshot pics that have him a 6' maybe 6'1".  Not sure about that one above.  Actual photos seem to have him look bigger than Peters, but nothing physically imposing.  His victims were drugged.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

There are other mugshot pics that have him a 6' maybe 6'1".  Not sure about that one above.  Actual photos seem to have him look bigger than Peters, but nothing physically imposing.  His victims were drugged.

Dahmer was 6 feet tall. 

• Hook 'Em 2

See...I don't find him as evil as most. Even before watching this, he always came across as just completely broken. 

He's not in the same vein as Bundy, Ramirez, Gary, BTK, etc. He never seemed like he was as joyful about his kills. I don't know...he was fucked up and that shit was horrid, but he seemed so much more broken. 

Pro tip: Don't teach your fucked in the head kid about the joys of taxidermy. 

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Deej said:

See...I don't find him as evil as most. Even before watching this, he always came across as just completely broken. 

He's not in the same vein as Bundy, Ramirez, Gary, BTK, etc. He never seemed like he was as joyful about his kills. I don't know...he was fucked up and that shit was horrid, but he seemed so much more broken. 

Pro tip: Don't teach your fucked in the head kid about the joys of taxidermy. 

That's been my perception as well.  Doesn't seem at all like some sadistic psychopath, but a horribly malfunctioning dude in a lot of pain who just lost it.  

• Hook 'Em 2

22 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Finished it and went back and watched some interviews of Dahmer. He really nailed the voice. Also, I lost count of how many times he could have been stopped and how many lives could be saved if the cops did their damn jobs. 

Those cops made it home safely, though. That's all that matters. 

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 3

23 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Finished it and went back and watched some interviews of Dahmer. He really nailed the voice. Also, I lost count of how many times he could have been stopped and how many lives could be saved if the cops did their damn jobs. 

I finished it last night. I was young as hell at the time but man this shit was sad, seeing the neighbor get the bs award when those shit ag cops got that recognition was fucked. Man in my lifetime cops have always been pretty fucking shit. 

• Hook 'Em 2

25 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Crazy how Bill O'Reilly is Bill McNeil. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I feel a little weird being so fascinated by this story. Really any serial killer stories. I’m watching the Gacy tapes documentary on Netflix as well. I think it’s so hard for me to wrap my brain around that people can be like this, that I love learning about it

You're not the only one, man.... e.g. the joke above about all Netflix programming being about either murder or cake, lol.

2 hours ago, SubliminalHorn said:

I feel a little weird being so fascinated by this story. Really any serial killer stories. I’m watching the Gacy tapes documentary on Netflix as well. I think it’s so hard for me to wrap my brain around that people can be like this, that I love learning about it

assuming you have watched mindhunter but if you haven't, it is the best show for this phenomenon in my opinion. 

the hybristophilia aspect of it that follows is an even more bizarre pathology in my opinion.  those are some seriously broken people.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Finished it.  Dragged at times, but overall very interesting.  Standout performances from Richard Jenkins, and Niecy Nash.  These two should bring home some sort of hardware.  Not sure how I feel about Evan Peters performance.  Seemed one-note most of the time, but that is probably because that's who JD he was.  Penelope Ann Miller was also very good as Joyce.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:03 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

Same. I'm also into assassins along the same line. 

On 9/23/2022 at 9:29 AM, RomaVicta said:

When cable went big, there was a moment of it being this wonderful spectrum of different choices. Fine Arts Channel. The Learning Channel. Arts and Entertainment Channel. The Nature Channel. The History Channel.

The History Channel was pretty much referred to as the Hitler channel for a few years as I guess that was the cheapest footage with the most interest around. Such a naive notion of what America wanted to watch. TLC is like a freakshow with grossly obese people and dwarves. The Kardashians found a nice home on one these channels as well.

PT Barnum knew his shit.

like 25 years later one of it's off-shoots is still the Hitler channel, showing relatively new documentaries on the fuhrer most nights of the week.

On 9/28/2022 at 10:03 AM, SubliminalHorn said:

Dahmer hits different because I was a kid hearing snippets of the news about it in the early 90s.  With no other exposure to that world, he basically became a real life evil super villain that gave me legit nightmares.  The rest I've read about as an adult with more context to that world.