aggy vs Miami - 9/17 8 PM CT ESPN

Sir Ulrich

Sorry for the early start on this thread but this game has some big implications for all involved but personally this matchup was the first college football game I ever attended with a Jr High group in 2008. I had already hated a&m for as long as I remembered but seeing them get demolished in their own stadium was better than I could imagine.  To boot I will also be at this game after being invited by some season ticket holders who made me swear I would not actively cheer against them. To combat this I will wear my new App State shirt under my shirt and debut it sometime in the second half if Miami can manage to go up big. 

Enjoy

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

9 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Sorry for the early start on this thread but this game has some big implications for all involved but personally this matchup was the first college football game I ever attended with a Jr High group in 2008. I had already hated a&m for as long as I remembered but seeing them get demolished in their own stadium was better than I could imagine.  To boot I will also be at this game after being invited by some season ticket holders who made me swear I would not actively cheer against them. To combat this I will wear my new App State shirt under my shirt and debut it sometime in the second half if Miami can manage to go up big. 

Enjoy

Few things to unfold here. This game has zero implications for aggy.  Jimbo can lose by 80 every game going forward for about 5 years and not get fired. Also no implications on playoffs. 

Lastly, wear that shirt when you walk in to the stadium.  Have your phone recording audio and share with us the niceness and direction giving aggy responses. 

• Haha 4

4 minutes ago, Mittens said:

Did the 2007 aTm @ Miami game not give us the crying Jorvorskie Lane pic?  Anyone have that?  Or can confirm that's the right game?

think that was a bowl game against penn state...my hazy memory says.

25 minutes ago, Hank_Hill said:

I think they looked pathetic in the opener 

not compared to the kent state or vandy games from the last two years.  

18 minutes ago, markstanco said:

Is that real?  Did they call him that?  Because, if so.....

giphy.gif?cid=790b76118a10be419e342e28f6

Oh, but yes...

Farris was a top quarterback prospect when he originally signed with A&M in 1994. He threw for 21 touchdowns and 1,831 yards as a senior at Angleton High, earning the nickname ``The Rifleman.''

https://www.newson6.com/story/5e3684dd2f69d76f6209a1ef/farris-ready-to-throw-footballs

Edited by TexArcher
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Enjoy

After you reveal the App State shirt, you need to yank that one off Mack-style and reveal the golden Hook’em shirt.

image.gif.12f7f3e84057bdfc3e1d9b4744500b65.gif

Edited by CowtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sir Ulrich said:

To combat this I will wear my new App State shirt under my shirt and debut it sometime in the second half if Miami can manage to go up big. 

You should wear it openly while wondering around campus:

"Hello, oops, I mean Howdy. I'm so happy to be here to watch my Mountaineers take on the Fight' Aggies. Been looking forward to it since it was scheduled. Just arrived from up on Canada where I've been working. Can't get any news up in that great wilderness. Couldn't wait to get here for the game. I know we can't win, but we'll play with pride in this wonderful mecca at Kyle Field, which I can't seem to locate. Could you please help me find the stadium? I asked some Miami fans and they didn't know. Didn't strike me as weird to see Miami fans here because I know scores of fans from all teams pilgrimage here weekly. I'd offer to name my first born Reveille in exchange for directions, but too late friendo, young Reveille is already in the first grade. So, a little help?" 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Neither is Appalachian State. 

Over the past 7 seasons, App State is 73-19/48-9, 6-1 in bowl games, has 2 conference titles outright and 2 more shared (before the SBC had a title game).  5 seasons w/ double digit wins, never fewer than 9 wins.  They are easily the best G5 team in the country over that span (cumulatively, not single season).  

2 hours ago, pacman said:

Free ticket or not, you are choosing to attend an aggy football game that occurs during a Texas football game in Austin?

spacer.png

Oh I will be watching that game too but free college football is hard to pass up but I am going down to Austin later this year to even it out. 

2 hours ago, markstanco said:

Few things to unfold here. This game has zero implications for aggy.  Jimbo can lose by 80 every game going forward for about 5 years and not get fired. Also no implications on playoffs. 

Lastly, wear that shirt when you walk in to the stadium.  Have your phone recording audio and share with us the niceness and direction giving aggy responses. 

I really think this game is huge for a&m but it definitely isn't for Jimbo. His money is made and his resume is as good as it will ever be but a&m cant afford for him to implode the program like he did FSU. If they lose this weekend before going on a pretty tough 5 week stretch then they are squarely in the 4-8 or worse territory. 4-8 in year 5 would be pretty detrimental to a historic recruiting class and the following class as well. 

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Oh I will be watching that game too but free college football is hard to pass up but I am going down to Austin later this year to even it out. 

I really think this game is huge for a&m but it definitely isn't for Jimbo. His money is made and his resume is as good as it will ever be but a&m cant afford for him to implode the program like he did FSU. If they lose this weekend before going on a pretty tough 5 week stretch then they are squarely in the 4-8 or worse territory. 4-8 in year 5 would be pretty detrimental to a historic recruiting class and the following class as well. 

I really hope that happens and then Jimbo turns into 2012 Mack Brown and phones it in for the rest of his contact.

This is all seeming weirder and weirder.

Miami doesn't look great in the highlights posted above from the Southern Miss game. Certainly nothing like a top ten team should look. Therefore, some argue that A&M will win.

The weird thing is what has A&M done on the field to make someone think they're any better than Miami? They looked kind of crappy against SHSU. They got straight up beaten by App State.

It's their talent, Roma. Aggy has lots of talent.

I won't disagree with the recruiting appraisals of A&M's players. They've got tons of talented players. Their team sucks. 

But App State is very good for what they are.

They play great team football. They're confident and disciplined. When they were leading in the fourth quarter or when they were dominating TOP against the teeth of A&M's talent edge, you might have expected A&M to answer with fury in the fourth quarter. Nope. They got beat all the way up until App State is taking a knee to run out the clock in the shadow of the Aggies' goal posts in Kyle Field.

App State would not tear through a top 20 schedule. They wouldn't finish in the middle of any major conference. 

I'm guessing you can argue that Miami might have been a little uninspired against their two weak opponents, but they won handily. A&M's pride should have kicked in against App State, but it either failed to do so or did so to little effect.

I think we can count on Miami to show up and make a statement. The Aggies will get the Hurricane's best shot which will be better than anything they've faced so far. Will A&M rise to the occasion? I see no reason to think that they will.

There was no rise in them last Saturday. The tweets and peeks at their team this week are not very inspiring. I don't think even Texags has written about a simmering anger among the team looking to vent.

A&M is a four loss team from last year who lost their QB and other key players. Their notable off season achievement was signing a great class. They've been shit on the playing field from the end of last season through the begin of this. That's what makes this seem so weird. They should be ten point dogs tomorrow.

They are the embodiment of a paper tiger. It's sickening how much they remind me of some of our spiritless teams since 2009. They play like the Strong team that lost to Kansas: sporadic, a few players all in while many players seem lost, and not nearly clutch.

I'm not a believer that the Aggies are bouncing back. A new QB means next to nothing.

I think ags win a sloppy game, and get crushed by Pig, leach, and Bama.   Locker room begins to seriously fall apart, recruiting continues to decline, and they dig into another piggy bank next year for a solid OC.   I’d rather Bama beat them by 35 again than them lose to U, but either way it will be funny. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1