Sark's budget

bullet

Looks like Sark has gotten an unlimited recruiting budget.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34603436/texas-ran-280000-tab-recruiting-visit-arch-manning-8-others

"...The Manning visit -- in which almost $280,000 was spent on the nine recruits, according to The Athletic -- has resulted in four commitments so far. Manning, nephew of Super Bowl winners Eli and Peyton Manning, announced he would play for the Longhorns on June 23, four days after his recruiting trip. His high school teammate, three-star tight end Will Randle, committed at the end of the visit on June 19.

Among the highlights of the visit, according to The Athletic: a full spread in their rooms at the Four Seasons Austin, a photo shoot at DKR Texas Memorial Stadium, a trip to driving range Top Golf, multiple lavish meals and a breakfast at the home of coach Steve Sarkisian.

EDITOR'S PICKS

The extravagance appears to be standard at Texas, which spent nearly $350,000 the weekend of June 24 on 14 recruits; 12 players from that group have committed to the Longhorns.

The $630,000 total on two weekend visits shows how much Texas has invested in recruiting compared to recent years. Athletic Director U published NCAA financial reports that showed Texas spent $1,275,368 on recruiting for the 2019 fiscal year. That was the 13th most spent on recruiting that year, which was led by Georgia at $3,676,858...."

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

It is, and I hate that it is.

Just the reality of it all I 'spose.

This comment has “get off my lawn vibes.”  My old ass don’t pull that card out until we start talking about alternate uniforms…

its $ the athletic department clearly has and has a proven ROI so why care as long as we’re in the green financially?   

Tech. Dude. You are 2-11 against us since Crabtree and 17-54 against us all time. Seems like we win a great more often then never when we play your stupid ass. Don't lecture us on failing to win, maybe you should be more worried about your own failures in this regard?

Edited by Valmy77
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Sooo..

airfare and cars for 9 x 1500 = 13,500

5* hotel for 9 = 18,000

custom cakes for 9 = 2,700

top golf for 9 (plus extras) 4,500

ice sculpture = 5,000

Private Lke Cruise = 4,700

Parents open bar….. = 231,600. 

Man, I don’t know how you roll, but I can tell you, I would not enjoy traveling with you. Loosen up on the purse strings, gramps, fuck. You’re not even close on what some of that shit costs when done right. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

9 minutes ago, Lhorn said:

Tough but fair 

No, fuck that guy. He likes to beat his chest every time tech does anything slightly productive, but most of the time he is busy being a petty little bitch toward other fan bases in order to drive engagement because their own product is shit. His own followers fucking despise him because he is the biggest fairweather fan around and will turn on tech as soon as they struggle. His support of tech is largely contingent upon how well they are doing relative to Texas, and he still carries a grudge re beard despite claiming their new coach was the brains behind the operation all along. He also tried to dunk on Texas baseball after tech lost in regionals..it didn’t go well even among his own followers.

What that moron doesn’t realize is that tech has been ranked in the AP top 25 for exactly TWO WEEKS (none consecutive) in the past EIGHT fucking YEARS, the most recent of which was four years ago, and that eight years of futility includes a period when they had a future nfl hc and a future nfl mvp leading the program. They suck, he sucks, and we don’t owe those semi-literate sacs of herpes fluid a goddamn thing once we leave the conference. Fuck them.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 hours ago, bullet said:

Looks like Sark has gotten an unlimited recruiting budget.  https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/34603436/texas-ran-280000-tab-recruiting-visit-arch-manning-8-others

"...The Manning visit -- in which almost $280,000 was spent on the nine recruits, according to The Athletic -- has resulted in four commitments so far. Manning, nephew of Super Bowl winners Eli and Peyton Manning, announced he would play for the Longhorns on June 23, four days after his recruiting trip. His high school teammate, three-star tight end Will Randle, committed at the end of the visit on June 19.

Among the highlights of the visit, according to The Athletic: a full spread in their rooms at the Four Seasons Austin, a photo shoot at DKR Texas Memorial Stadium, a trip to driving range Top Golf, multiple lavish meals and a breakfast at the home of coach Steve Sarkisian.

EDITOR'S PICKS

The extravagance appears to be standard at Texas, which spent nearly $350,000 the weekend of June 24 on 14 recruits; 12 players from that group have committed to the Longhorns.

The $630,000 total on two weekend visits shows how much Texas has invested in recruiting compared to recent years. Athletic Director U published NCAA financial reports that showed Texas spent $1,275,368 on recruiting for the 2019 fiscal year. That was the 13th most spent on recruiting that year, which was led by Georgia at $3,676,858...."

Good. This is good. Are we supposed to be ashamed? This is how recruiting works in most organizations, particularly at the corporate level. This is how it works in lobbying. Fuck, this is largely how it works in dating. What’s the point of having an advantage if you don’t fully utilize it? Spend that fucking money. Ntm, the AD probably saved a bit on the fairly low key re-recruitment of Quinn. The department will see considerable returns from Arch being at Texas. That kid is the biggest boon to Texas Athletics since Kevin Durant in terms of visibility, and he will spend a lot more time on campus. You think Georgia didn’t see returns on their investment over the past few years?

Who are the difference makers on the team currently? Ewers, Bijan, Worthy, Sanders, Banks, Overshown? 5-Star guys recruited by every national program. You do what you have to in order to distinguish yourself amongst your competition in those recruiting battles, and it’s not like they have a recent track record of overwhelming success to lean on. Put your best foot forward. Spend the money.

I say add another million and transport the entire ProKick contingent each year so Banks et al. can hand pick the next Dickson (the family ties route didn’t work). Buy a few cases of Vegemite to leave under their pillow at the Four Seasons and you’re golden. I’m leery of the “let’s raid Texas Wesleyan” strategy, even if Texas is now 1/3 in Aussie punter hit rate. Keep swinging.

And yes, I do believe the low-rent Ed Hochuli wannabe is a Big XII official. And he fucking sucks too.

It feels like the media are reporting on this as if they think they've uncovered some sort of corruption we wanted hidden.

In actuality i see this as a massive publicity win the program couldn't have messaged this well if they tried.

Anyone think other recruits and their families are thinking how disgusting and wrong this is?  Fuck no.  They're thinking they want some of that action.  At the very least your going to have more kids wanting to OV here.  Even if they weren't serious about choosing here, once you get them on campus all bets are off.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Man, I don’t know how you roll, but I can tell you, I would not enjoy traveling with you. Loosen up on the purse strings, gramps, fuck. You’re not even close on what some of that shit costs when done right. 

Exactly.  Here’s a trip for 8 of us to Ibiza 3 weeks ago.  3 nights and not counting airfare or lodging.  And we landed a lot of talent but no 5 star QB’s.  Anyways, if you really wanna do shit big, that amount on a weekend is easily doable.  
So basically, money well spent by you all, as far as my dumb ass can see.  

0F5FFE0D-5B51-4CF9-BAC1-03870568213D.jpeg

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Haha 2
  • Drool 2

5 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Exactly.  Here’s a trip for 8 of us to Ibiza 3 weeks ago.  3 nights and not counting airfare or lodging.  And we landed a lot of talent but no 5 star QB’s.  Anyways, if you really wanna do shit big, that amount on a weekend is easily doable.  

pictures of said talent not loading

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

10 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

Y'all are such losers and you think you're so fucking cool. It's wildly entertaining. 

This dude is posting fucking travel invoices on a board of a rival team to try and gain acceptance. Holy shit man. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Y'all are such losers and you think you're so fucking cool. It's wildly entertaining. 

This dude is posting fucking travel invoices on a board of a rival team to try and gain acceptance. Holy shit man. 

A rival team? He's a burnt ends member, would he be in it if he supported someone else?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, ztejas said:

LOL, trying?  I've got plenty of acceptance already.  Salty SMU loser fuck.  Get some good sleep so you can report to your cubicle 8am Monday, champ.  Those fucking TPS reports aren't gonna write themselves.  

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

A rival team? He's a burnt ends member, would he be in it if he supported someone else?

I'm a Sooner fan as 99% of people here know.  I've supported the site and mods going back to shaggy.  And lots of friends and some family on here.  I don't have the same hatred for UT...I'm sure it will come back when you start winning.  But there's less than 5 people on here who have a personal issue with me.  One is the dumbfuck you quoted who quite literally PM'd me in the past about job opportunities and what not.  Anyways, an SMU grad talking all kinds of shit really makes me laugh, so I enjoy having him around.  And I love talking shit so a willing victim is always nice.  Cheers

Edited by ChiTownDoc
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, BornAndRaised said:

I hope you're kidding. I think you are. 

1 minute ago, ChiTownDoc said:

LOL, trying?  I've got plenty of acceptance already.  Salty SMU loser fuck.  Get some good sleep so you can report to your cubicle 8am Monday, champ.  Those fucking TPS reports aren't gonna write themselves.  

You're so fucking ridiculous man. I can't take you seriously. Just admit you're a Texas fan and I'll welcome you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm a Sooner fan as 99% of people here know.  I've supported the site and mods going back to shaggy.  And lots of friends and some family on here.  I don't have the same hatred for UT...I'm sure it will come back when you start winning.  But there's less than 5 people on here who have a personal issue with me.  One is the dumbfuck you quoted who quite literally PM'd me in the past about job opportunities and what not.  Anyways, and SMU grad talking all kinds of shit really makes me laugh, so I enjoy having him around.  And I love talking shit so a willing victim is always nice.  Cheers

Oh I wasn't aware. I'll not get involved in this then. Seems like a sick party in Ibiza tho.

Just now, ztejas said:

I wasn't. I stick to the recruiting board mostly and wasn't aware he was a Sooner fan. I'll step out of this, I don't enjoy getting in the middle of things. I was legit confused.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, ztejas said:

You're so fucking ridiculous man. I can't take you seriously. Just admit you're a Texas fan and I'll welcome you. 

I'm definitely ridiculous, guilty.  And I actually have no issue with you, even with the PM's.  So hook 'em.  I have no reason to hate you.  I love talking shit so if you want we can continue.  But guilty of being ridiculous, absolutely...and fuck it, a closeted Texas fan too.  

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, nunna yo bizness said:

It feels like the media are reporting on this as if they think they've uncovered some sort of corruption we wanted hidden.

In actuality i see this as a massive publicity win the program couldn't have messaged this well if they tried.

Anyone think other recruits and their families are thinking how disgusting and wrong this is?  Fuck no.  They're thinking they want some of that action.  At the very least your going to have more kids wanting to OV here.  Even if they weren't serious about choosing here, once you get them on campus all bets are off.

I saw it talked about on twitter earlier, but it definitely feels like a smear campaign, or at the very least its only getting traction because of Arch. 

We're not even top 10. https://247sports.com/LongFormArticle/College-football-recruiting-Georgia-leads-biggest-spenders-Alabama-Clemson-Michigan-Arkansas-173848072/#173848072_11

15 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm definitely ridiculous, guilty.  And I actually have no issue with you, even with the PM's.  So hook 'em.  I have no reason to hate you.  I love talking shit so if you want we can continue.  But guilty of being ridiculous, absolutely...and fuck it, a closeted Texas fan too.  

I haven't sent you a pm in years. Stop.

I'm not a fan of anyone that pimps OU football here. By default. Surely you can understand that. You were doing that week 1. 

I've known a lot of Sooners. A lot of them are good people. Probably you included. 

I'm not going anywhere - neither are you. 

Just acknowledge that I'm going to talk shit. A lot. However much you want to talk shit back is up to you. At the end of the day you're a Sooner on a Texas board and I'm going to constantly remind you of that. 

Also - fucking shelf the SMU shit. It's childish. I could have gone to a lot of schools - including UT. I had a great time. 

Edited by ztejas

51 minutes ago, BornAndRaised said:

Oh I wasn't aware. I'll not get involved in this then. Seems like a sick party in Ibiza tho.

I wasn't. I stick to the recruiting board mostly and wasn't aware he was a Sooner fan. I'll step out of this, I don't enjoy getting in the middle of things. I was legit confused.

It's ok to tell him to fuck off. Problem is, he then won't stop talking to you. Stage 5 clinger.

44 minutes ago, ztejas said:

... you're a Sooner ...

Also - fucking shelf the SMU shit. ...

dude.  Pot. Kettle.  Goose.  Gander.  Now please stop (both of you).  Surly is a better place with a diversity of members unless they Derka up threads.

Back on topic... So Georgia is spending 3x what Texas is?  What are they spending the money on?  And how much is really being spent on women romancing each other?

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Sooo..

5* hotel for 9 = 18,000

ice sculpture = 5,000

Why you using 9 as base figure multiplier, the players didn't come in alone? Figure more like 30+

6 hours ago, BornAndRaised said:

5 hours ago, bernorange said:

dude.  Pot. Kettle.  Goose.  Gander.  Now please stop (both of you).  Surly is a better place with a diversity of members unless they Derka up threads.

Back on topic... So Georgia is spending 3x what Texas is?  What are they spending the money on?  And how much is really being spent on women romancing each other?

I put that fucking clown on ignore years ago and forget about his insecure, petty, know-nothing ass for months at a time until someone pastes something of his where he’s sadly trying to get my attention or that of another poster in the same conversation. I couldn’t recommend ignore more for a poster than him or futureman. It’s made for trolls and voluminous morons. 

12 hours ago, Treefidy said:

Sooo..

5* hotel for 9 = 18,000

ice sculpture = 5,000

Airfare and cars for 9 you estimate at 13,500? Did you assume they fly them in on spirit airlines and have them ride share? 

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I'm a Sooner fan as 99% of people here know.  I've supported the site and mods going back to shaggy.  And lots of friends and some family on here.  I don't have the same hatred for UT...I'm sure it will come back when you start winning.  But there's less than 5 people on here who have a personal issue with me.  One is the dumbfuck you quoted who quite literally PM'd me in the past about job opportunities and what not.  Anyways, an SMU grad talking all kinds of shit really makes me laugh, so I enjoy having him around.  And I love talking shit so a willing victim is always nice.  Cheers

• Haha 1