Roadkill vs trampling longhorns LHN 7 PM

immamac

5 minutes ago, whereiend said:

I don't see that one at all. Card is the opposite of Case, he has a good arm he is just ridiculously slow and indecisive going through progressions. Case actually was a pretty quick thinker who got the ball out he just didn't have the arm to get it there.

A faster/slighter of build David Ash I could see. Honestly "faster Case" is probably Casey Thompson lol. Case's arm was one of the worst I have seen in D1 football in the last 30 years, though.

He’s Gilbert with a shitty arm. That’s both his talent and the staff’s faith in him compiled. 

27 minutes ago, Chico_SA said:

Sorry you had that experience. I hope you are doing ok now. I know it can be rough sometimes playing CUSA teams. Hang in there buddy. We are all pulling for you. Things can only get better. Chin up big guy. Maybe get better seats next time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hope you had a nice drive back to churroland, little bro

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BramonceTaylor said:

He’s Gilbert with a shitty arm. That’s both his talent and the staff’s faith in him compiled. 

Card is more accurate than Gilbert but I can kinda see it. Both have the deer in headlights thing in the pocket going on for sure. Even though he looked like a goof doing it, Gilbert was at his best running the ball a lot (see Nebraska 2010), which is probably true for Card as well. Luckily we have an actual team now with WRs and RBs and don't need mediocre QBs to do VY/Colt impressions.

46 minutes ago, Chico_SA said:

Sorry you had that experience. I hope you are doing ok now. I know it can be rough sometimes playing CUSA teams. Hang in there buddy. We are all pulling for you. Things can only get better. Chin up big guy. Maybe get better seats next time?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Talking shit after not covering a 13 point spread is a look. Biggest game evar and you underachieved, you’re killin it! 

Edited by Hank_Hill
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, whereiend said:

I don't see that one at all. Card is the opposite of Case, he has a good arm he is just ridiculously slow and indecisive going through progressions. Case actually was a pretty quick thinker who got the ball out he just didn't have the arm to get it there.

A faster/slighter of build David Ash I could see. Honestly "faster Case" is probably Casey Thompson lol. Case's arm was one of the worst I have seen in D1 football in the last 30 years, though.

He has an average arm, can't hit a deep ball to save his life, and anything past 7 yards is 50/50 on whether or not the wr is able to catch it. 

As for the comparison, it wasn't physical, it was football ability. But it's cool that we see different things in him, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, my dude. 

4 hours ago, whereiend said:

Card is more accurate than Gilbert but I can kinda see it. Both have the deer in headlights thing in the pocket going on for sure. Even though he looked like a goof doing it, Gilbert was at his best running the ball a lot (see Nebraska 2010), which is probably true for Card as well. Luckily we have an actual team now with WRs and RBs and don't need mediocre QBs to do VY/Colt impressions.

Card is less accurate than any qb that has started a game for Texas this century.  Sark stopped letting him even try to throw to wide receivers in the 2nd half because he was so bad.  He's not good enough to be a backup for a power 5 team.

• Hook 'Em 3

7 hours ago, TrashMaster G said:

Stopping in to give a shout out to the fucking moron who sits 2 or 3 rows behind me in 107 (season ticket holder - He's ALWAYS there,  unfortunately).

Mid 3rd quarter UTSA had two consecutive runs up the middle that netted 11 yards and moved the chains. Dumbass, all exasperated, yells, "We are so damn soft up the middle!"

I look up at the board and at that point UTSA had 87 yards rushing. Again, mid-Q3.

Fucking idiot. 

With Frank Harris gaining about 30 of that. People are so dumb. Whenever I come back to campus I spend the whole game fielding questions from the olds(alumni section). I know you played I remember you. No I didn't. You sure? Yes I am sure. What's your name again? Nonya. 

6 hours ago, tokamak said:

I had the same thought watching him tonight. He’s Case with better physical tools. 

Naw, bro. Case SAW the game, his family just wasn't gifted in the strong arm category, and he was even at the bottom of that. Card doesn't see it. My daughter played volleyball with a girl like that last year. Tall. Strong arm. Hit well in practice, but when the lights came on she would wilt. 

6 hours ago, Hank_Hill said:

I will say, Ewers made the same Worthy deep ball misses against ULM as Card did tonight. He fixed it once against Bama obviously and probably would’ve hit 2 more. Also, bum ankle. Obviously Ewers should starts I’m just sayin.

Not really. A lot of balls that he has been thrown are catchable, Worthy just loses them in the air. He doesn't adjust to balls well, but I get it. At that speed each step blurs your vision a little. That's why catching deep balls while running full speed is so hard. 

3 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He has an average arm, can't hit a deep ball to save his life, and anything past 7 yards is 50/50 on whether or not the wr is able to catch it. 

As for the comparison, it wasn't physical, it was football ability. But it's cool that we see different things in him, but we'll have to agree to disagree on this one, my dude. 

There is nothing wrong with Card's arm. His problem is between his ears. Ole Noodle could at least work the field 12 yards and in. Card can't even do that. 

• Hook 'Em 7

5 hours ago, whereiend said:

5 hours ago, BramonceTaylor said:

Card is Morley Safer with a better arm.

6 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Very similar experience here, too. The tickets my friend gave me ended up being basically right next to the defacto UTSA student section. I also had some older UTSA alums behind me. They were a mouthy little bunch. One dumbfuck said they were going to score a TD next time they got the ball after the UTSA TD that was overturned after a review because “the ball don’t lie.” Then naturally Barron got the pick 6 and promptly shut their asses up.

As someone who’s daughters played against SA team, I can attest that their fans are the worst. They are graceless trash. Fat fathers screaming at soccer refs (and getting kicked off the pitch, lol), heavy metal-looking types who cheer when our players were injured, and worse. So glad that’s no longer a thing we have to do. Full disclosure, I’m from SA. Oh, and that final little thing about all their teams always sucking. It’s no coincidence that “Friday Night Tykes” was shot in San Antonio.

Edited by TreatyOak

1 minute ago, TreatyOak said:

As someone who’s daughters played against SA team, I can attest that their fans are the worst. They are graceless trash. Fat fathers screaming at soccer refs (and getting kicked off the pitch, lol), heavy metal-looking yards who cheer when our players when our players were injured, and worse. So glad that’s no longer a thing we have to do. Full disclosure, I’m from SA. Oh, and that final little thing about all their teams always sucking. It’s no coincidence that “Friday Night Tykes” was shot in San Antonio.

I once watched a movie called “Friday Night Dykes” so this hits close to home.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Drool 1

Last night should be a clear message to us all that Card is just a limited, pedestrian game manager. And I say that while agreeing with @Thatguy that the deep ball issues aren’t all Card’s fault. Worthy just isn’t seeing them well and there are times when the ball is in his area and he doesn’t even make a play for it. I continue to believe the loss of Neyor has really hurt the potential of this offense in that regard, and it has the secondary effect of allowing the defense to crowd e box, hampering our running game. 

That still doesn’t explain why Card isn’t able to hit anything down the field beyond dump offs and WR screens to the sidelines. I tend to agree that he just doesn’t process what’s happening fast enough, or doesn’t trust what he is seeing because he seems hesitant and indecisive.  At least he isn’t turning the ball over, which may also explain why he is playing hesitant - he’s too scared of throwing an INT to make a throw into a tighter window. 

There’s no point in berating the guy anymore, we know what he is and what he isn’t by this time. Quinn is QB1 by a country mile, and until he gets back, we’re just going to have to hope for gutting out ugly wins like last night. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Every Texas QB after McCoy and before Ewers hasn’t been able to consistently hit the deep ball. And that is huge.

Not only do they lose scoring opportunities, it allows defenses to apply more pressure, crowd the line of scrimmage, and generally make life very difficult for the offense. Ewers may have missed a few during the Alabama game, but he also hit a few. They are a different team with him, obviously. We shouldn’t ever have to see a Texas QB that can’t throw deep. It’s ridiculous. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

UTSA > if Tech doesn't have their starting QB back. Only worry is it being in Lubbock. 

It being 2:30 and not 7 was a huge help. Lubbock is weird at night 

3 hours ago, Etexhorn13 said:

I changed my shirt at 17-7, y’all are welcome. 

As did I, lol

• Hook 'Em 1

9 hours ago, TexasGary said:

I still don't know all that was said but here is the handshake discussion.

Was Traylor lobbying the refs hard (presumably to get a targeting call) while Harris was laying on the ground for a minute? It was definitely a delayed flag if irc so, I could see Sark wanting to get to the bottom of it with him because of how egregious it was.

I was impressed by Traylor. He certainly out coached Sark. UTSA was well prepared and fired up. They had a good game plan and did really well for having a patchwork o-line. Harris torched our corner blitzes like he knew what the play call was. They obviously scouted our kick off team and looked for Watts all night. UTSA coaches did their homework. Fortunately, they don't have a RoJo or a Bijan. 

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Maybe this is our team, but it kinda felt like they all just coasted this week after Alabama and before conference play.

This feels like one of those games that a Tom Herman team would’ve taken to the final possession and possibly lost or last year’s team would’ve definitely lost. It still feels like a good win all things considered and we’re seeing a lot of progress so far this year.

• Hook 'Em 7

2 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Maybe this is our team, but it kinda felt like they all just coasted this week after Alabama and before conference play.

The first 20-25 minutes were a classic hangover game.

It's disappointing that it happened, but encouraging that we fixed it and finished the game on a 34-3 run.  We might have lost that game last year and definitely would've during the Herman years.

• Hook 'Em 3

This was an easy and trendy “upset special” for national analysts and many Surlys. We took their best “underdog with nothing to lose” shot, wobbled a little, then buckled up and beat the crap out of them the rest of the way….all with a pedestrian QB. I’m as gruntled as I could have hoped to be after 3 games.

• Hook 'Em 8

42 minutes ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

Garrett Gilbert has been drawing an nfl paycheck for 8 years. 

Man I was thinking the same thing lol, we ruined him by switching offenses and taking away his strengths. Mack also never had a qb coach that was worth a fuck. Oh and Gilbert’s offensive lines while at Texas were embarrassing. 

• Hook 'Em 1

36 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you switched QB’s we would have won by 50. 
If you watch college football and can’t understand why we went 5-7 last year after watching Card and Thompson I can’t help you. Very excited for the WB situation to be fixed for at least the next 3.5 years with Ewers and Arch. Need another good one 1.000 type in 25 and find a program back up that’s a little better than what we have in 24 and this team is going to be fine for a long time. 

This is correct. Card is not good. We need Ewers or we are 5-7

• Fuck You 1

A UTSA couple sat in front me me and they were alright. They were clearly amped up when the Roadrunners were leading, this obviously being their Super Bowl, but they weren’t disrespectful at all. They left dejected when Texas started running away with it.

Edited by South Austin
  • Hook 'Em 3