Roadkill vs trampling longhorns LHN 7 PM

immamac

UTSA had the game in their grasp were it not for 3 critical drops. Years from now we'll see a 41-20 score but the game was much much closer.

Texas won, aside from UTSA errors, because of 2 superhuman Bijan runs, great contribution by RoJo, and timely NFL caliber hits by Overshown + Jamison pass breakups. All 4 of these Horns will play in the NFL, so it took NFL caliber plays to beat UTSA.  What a program Traylor has built 90 mies to the south.  Nebraska should take a serious look at this man. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, kevwun said:

UTSA would have never had a 10 point lead if Ewers had started.

We were down 17-7 because UTSA offense was ridiculously good at the short passing game with a QB that extends with his legs and they kept our offense off the field. When we were down by ten our offense had two possessions. Would Ewers have scored on both of those possessions? Maybe, but we very well still would have been losing because of the proficiency of the UTSA offense.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If you switched QB’s we would have won by 50. 
If you watch college football and can’t understand why we went 5-7 last year after watching Card and Thompson I can’t help you. Very excited for the WB situation to be fixed for at least the next 3.5 years with Ewers and Arch. Need another good one 1.000 type in 25 and find a program back up that’s a little better than what we have in 24 and this team is going to be fine for a long time. 

Card / Thompson don't play defense which was probably the worst in Texas history and maybe the worst in all of CFB last year.  And let's keep in mind Casey had a bad throwing hand which is a big deal for a QB or baseball pitcher (who won't play with such an injury).  Fans focus too much on the QB position, 2021 was much deeper than that. 

7 minutes ago, po elvis said:

We were down 17-7 because UTSA offense was ridiculously good at the short passing game with a QB that extends with his legs and they kept our offense off the field. When we were down by ten our offense had two possessions. Would Ewers have scored on both of those possessions? Maybe, but we very well still would have been losing because of the proficiency of the UTSA offense.

Texas tackling and rush containment was terrible in the 1st half.  Pretty sure Utsa had a long  20 play possession in the 1st half.

34 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Yep and it was pissing me off in the first half that we couldn't get to him. That dude was completing every pass on the route tree that is within 20 yards. On the move, doesn't matter, he was on the mark. That Overshown sack was so damn satisfying to finally get til they threw the flag.

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Card / Thompson don't play defense which was probably the worst in Texas history and maybe the worst in all of CFB last year.  And let's keep in mind Casey had a bad throwing hand which is a big deal for a QB or baseball pitcher (who won't play with such an injury).  Fans focus too much on the QB position, 2021 was much deeper than that. 

It's real easy for a defense to look like shit in a hurry when the offense goes 3 and out in about 30 seconds of game time on every second half possession. As for the casey thumb thing, it's weird how his thumb only seemed to bother him when we played a decent defense. 

• Hook 'Em 3

8 hours ago, GTX Horn said:

Very similar experience here, too. The tickets my friend gave me ended up being basically right next to the defacto UTSA student section. I also had some older UTSA alums behind me. They were a mouthy little bunch. One dumbfuck said they were going to score a TD next time they got the ball after the UTSA TD that was overturned after a review because “the ball don’t lie.” Then naturally Barron got the pick 6 and promptly shut their asses up.

8 hours ago, Chico_SA said:

You sound sort of soft

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No shit. It's a football game, Nancy. 

Maybe out on the golf course or the ladies' soccer games are more your speed. 

Their fans were fine. A little bit of prejudice starting to peek through with some of y'all's posts

• Fuck You 1

30 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

The UTSA fans in my area were pretty shitty people. Standing in the aisles and being general douchebags. One of them had to be carried out by EMS because they were dangerously drunk.

I enjoyed mocking them as they left early 

UTSA guy in front of me kept insisting that a receiver could step out of the endzone 2 feet before re-entering to catch the ball and still be an eligible receiver... until the officials called that touchdown back. Regardless of how many feet the fool stepped out, he can't be the first player to touch the ball anyway.. I was totally confused by this man. Especially by his insistence on 2 feet... 

• Hook 'Em 2

43 minutes ago, OB3 said:

And all of one sack, which was when the backup qb let the ball slip out of his hand before DTD hit him. 

and the one from dmo that was eliminated. 

but not only did all the pressure not result in sacks, it didn’t result in many negative plays as the qbs (both of them) either ran for good yardage or completed a pass on the run with zero loss in accuracy. 

shit was infuriating. 

• Hook 'Em 1

25 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

UTSA had the game in their grasp were it not for 3 critical drops. Years from now we'll see a 41-20 score but the game was much much closer.

Texas won, aside from UTSA errors, because of 2 superhuman Bijan runs, great contribution by RoJo, and timely NFL caliber hits by Overshown + Jamison pass breakups. All 4 of these Horns will play in the NFL, so it took NFL caliber plays to beat UTSA.  What a program Traylor has built 90 mies to the south.  Nebraska should take a serious look at this man. 

And Barron’s pick six.

I’m not disparaging Traylor, but timely plays by future NFL players are why big programs beat little programs all the time. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

UTSA guy in front of me kept insisting that a receiver could step out of the endzone 2 feet before re-entering to catch the ball and still be an eligible receiver... until the officials called that touchdown back. Regardless of how many feet the fool stepped out, he can't be the first player to touch the ball anyway.. I was totally confused by this man. Especially by his insistence on 2 feet... 

they called it back because he dropped it. The refs decided he was forced OOB and re-established, so he could have been the first player to touch the ball. But he dropped it. 

• Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

they called it back because he dropped it. The refs decided he was forced OOB and re-established, so he could have been the first player to touch the ball. But he dropped it. 

Which was a total fuck up of a call. The ball was thrown while the guy was still out of bounds. He was maybe in-bounds for half a second before the ball got there… that is not “RE-establishing.”

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

I thought it was obvious we had a big letdown first half. Just played half asleep. Got caught napping. 

That we were able to turn it on and win by 21 after being down 10 is not what this team could do last year. Already growth in that area 

This was a vintage Mack Brown game. Mack always had close games at the half and then blew them out in the second half.

27 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

It didn't "take" NFL caliber plays to beat UTSA, we beat them with the talent we have. I also give a lot of credit to their QB, who started college in 2017 and graduated a year and a half ago. I'm assuming he took an extra COVID year or something because last year he was all conference as a redshirt Sr. It took UTSA having a 23-year old returning super super senior all-conference QB just to keep it within 21.

• Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, Duane Moore said:

And Barron’s pick six.

I’m not disparaging Traylor, but timely plays by future NFL players are why big programs beat little programs all the time. 

No idea but how Traylor was running plays at the end of the game and trying to score a TD pissed me off a little. Thankfully no one got hurt on those meaningless plays

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

As stressful as that was, it was an epic game plan. It is almost as if the coaches knew exactly what would win them the game and then executed. I would have loved for the run blocking to have looked better in the first, but the brutality of all the 2.5 yard runs in the first lead to the big runs in the second half.

Obviously not the strategy that will work against OU, but you’ve got to win as a any as you can and previous coaches would have tried to finesse this to a nail biting ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Hook 'Em 1

I was super pissed off during the first half.  No excuse to play like that against this shit commuter school.  Second half obviously much better but to me it felt like without the pick 6 and Bijan, this is a 1 score game and we might have gotten the short end of that stick.  Defense just could not get off the field and all the impotent secondary blitzing gave me Todd Orlando PTSD.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Anyone heard what Traylor was saying to Sark at end of game -- Jeff seemed upset about something ???

There’s pretty close up video of it floating around somewhere prob a page or two back. Other than “I understand”, the other two things I heard sark say pretty clearly were “well that should be between us” and “well he came for our team”

• Hook 'Em 1

You're fucking retarded if you think Traylor outcoached Sark in a game where he lost by 21.  
Sark was damn near playcalling with his hands tied due to QB. 

Not really on the play calling. Do you know which was the shittiest offensive sequence of the game?

The play calling that was 3 plays in a row at or behind the LOS. It killed a drive. It stalled momentum. 100% Sark. When guys beat blocks that easily on those plays, it’s because they were not fooled one bit.

We had 4 possessions in the first half. 3 scores. The other hindered by a non call on a well thrown deep ball.

I think we had two non-scoring possessions in the 2nd half. One of those noted above.

2 hours ago, Thatguy said:

With Frank Harris gaining about 30 of that. People are so dumb. Whenever I come back to campus I spend the whole game fielding questions from the olds(alumni section). I know you played I remember you. No I didn't. You sure? Yes I am sure. What's your name again? Nonya. 

Naw, bro. Case SAW the game, his family just wasn't gifted in the strong arm category, and he was even at the bottom of that. Card doesn't see it. My daughter played volleyball with a girl like that last year. Tall. Strong arm. Hit well in practice, but when the lights came on she would wilt. 

Not really. A lot of balls that he has been thrown are catchable, Worthy just loses them in the air. He doesn't adjust to balls well, but I get it. At that speed each step blurs your vision a little. That's why catching deep balls while running full speed is so hard. 

There is nothing wrong with Card's arm. His problem is between his ears. Ole Noodle could at least work the field 12 yards and in. Card can't even do that. 

I knew Card was toast on that first scramble against Alabama that eventually netted a first down: his eyes dropped onto the rushers and it all fell apart. Nothing has changed since last year. The game is just too fast for him.

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, JesusSweatDuck said:

No idea but how Traylor was running plays at the end of the game and trying to score a TD pissed me off a little. Thankfully no one got hurt on those meaningless plays

I’m sure he’d say he is trying to build culture and wants his team to play to win until the final whistle, etc. Whatever. 

19 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

And all of one sack, which was when the backup qb let the ball slip out of his hand before DTD hit him. 

and the one from dmo that was eliminated. 

but not only did all the pressure not result in sacks, it didn’t result in many negative plays as the qbs (both of them) either ran for good yardage or completed a pass on the run with zero loss in accuracy. 

shit was infuriating. 

Other than the pick 6 that basically ended the game.

4 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

There’s pretty close up video of it floating around somewhere prob a page or two back. Other than “I understand”, the other two things I heard sark say pretty clearly were “well that should be between us” and “well he came for our team”

Thanks -- just did not expect that kinda exchange between Traylor and Sark at the end of a well played game.  Traylor was angry about something that Texas did.

Always read how good a guy Traylor is but at times during last nights game some of his actions came off negatively -- really surprised to see him behave like that.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

How the fuck do you think Alabama wins so many games?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

42 minutes ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

No. Fans don’t focus enough on the QB position.

A great QB covers up all sorts of nonsense and program rot. Colt McCoy went 25-2 as an upperclassman with a shitty offensive line, bad OC, two really good receivers and JAGS at RB. We’ve had plenty of teams in the last 14 years that were outstanding high level QB play away from being at the Mack Brown w/o VY standard that I think we all year to see return year in and year out. 

A team can’t be great with just a great QB, but we played a billion 1 score games last year even with as bad as all that shit you said was. If Ewers is our starter instead of Casey they 5-7 team is an 8-4 or 9-3 team. 

• Hook 'Em 8

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Thanks -- just did not expect that kinda exchange between Traylor and Sark at the end of a well played game.  Traylor was angry about something that Texas did.

Always read how good a guy Traylor is but at times during last nights game some of his actions came off negatively -- really surprised to see him behave like that.

It looked to me like Sark was frustrated at Traylor/UTSA.  Sark maintained eye contact and gave direct responses.  Traylor seemed to avoid eye contact and his body language was less assertive.  Perhaps I misread it and I was applying my perspective about the timeout w/ 22 seconds left...

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. Fans don’t focus enough on the QB position.

A great QB covers up all sorts of nonsense and program rot. Colt McCoy went 25-2 as an upperclassman with a shitty offensive line, bad OC, two really good receivers and JAGS at RB. We’ve had plenty of teams in the last 14 years that were outstanding high level QB play away from being at the Mack Brown w/o VY standard that I think we all year to see return year in and year out. 

A team can’t be great with just a great QB, but we played a billion 1 score games last year even with as bad as all that shit you said was. If Ewers is our starter instead of Casey they 5-7 team is an 8-4 or 9-3 team. 

Yep. A good to great QB keeps the chains moving, which would have helped our defense a lot last year. 

Just read the last two pages, and all the talk about QB's throwing deep balls. 

It's also hugely important to this offense that the screen passes are delivered with a quick release and good velocity.  When a receiver gets those extra couple tenths of a second (or whatever it is) to turn upfield as the defense is closing in, that split second is often the difference between a 2-yard gain and at 12-yard gain.

• Hook 'Em 4