Roadkill vs trampling longhorns LHN 7 PM

immamac

15 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

There’s pretty close up video of it floating around somewhere prob a page or two back. Other than “I understand”, the other two things I heard sark say pretty clearly were “well that should be between us” and “well he came for our team”

Wasn't there a Seinfeld ep where George used a deaf woman to read lips to help him figure out why his gf dumped him... any lip readers on this msg board?

• Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

There’s pretty close up video of it floating around somewhere prob a page or two back. Other than “I understand”, the other two things I heard sark say pretty clearly were “well that should be between us” and “well he came for our team”

Thanks... found it.  Not a friendly exchange

2 hours ago, Texasrocks said:

I was impressed by Traylor. He certainly out coached Sark. UTSA was well prepared and fired up. They had a good game plan and did really well for having a patchwork o-line. Harris torched our corner blitzes like he knew what the play call was. They obviously scouted our kick off team and looked for Watts all night. UTSA coaches did their homework. Fortunately, they don't have a RoJo or a Bijan. 

IIRC they were down 11 with like 10 minutes to go in the 4th and went for it and didn’t convert the 4th down instead of taking a FG and making it a 1 possession game. We blew it open after that. I think a good portion of this fan base is too quick to give Traylor a ton of credit. Yes he’s improved that ball club but he wasn’t flawless in decision making 

• Hook 'Em 5

30 minutes ago, Atticus said:

You're fucking retarded if you think Traylor outcoached Sark in a game where he lost by 21.  

Sark was damn near playcalling with his hands tied due to QB. 

You're an idiot. How many 4 and 5 stars are on the UTSA roster again? Is there a single player on UTSA that Texas recruited? They had a walk on playing tackle at one point. Not a Charles Wright 3 star type of player with offers from D1 programs, a UTSA walk on. And they scored 20 points. Yes, Traylor absolutely outcoached Sark.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 7

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

IIRC they were down 11 with like 10 minutes to go in the 4th and went for it and didn’t convert the 4th down instead of taking a FG and making it a 1 possession game. We blew it open after that. I think a good portion of this fan base is too quick to give Traylor a ton of credit. Yes he’s improved that ball club but he wasn’t flawless in decision making 

They’re also extremely undisciplined. Just pre-snap penalties galore and giving Texas first downs by being offsides. Dude learned from Charlie, that’s for damn sure 

32 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Ah, i didn't see him get pushed out. thanks.

He didn't really get pushed out but supposedly any contact between receiver and defender is enough. Emphasis on supposedly, according to Sam Acho. But the refs didn't even have to look at whether he was forced out and reestablished because there wasn't a completed reception.  

1 minute ago, Texasrocks said:

You're an idiot. How many 4 and 5 stars are on the UTSA roster again? Is there a single player on UTSA that Texas recruited? They had a walk on playing tackle at one point. Not a Charles Wright 3 star type of player with offers from D1 programs, a UTSA walk on. And they scored 20 points. Yes, Traylor absolutely outcoached Sark.

Dude give it a rest. 

To me on the last UTSA drive I thought they were content to run the ball and end the game, but then they ended up throwing the ball and trying to score and we were blitzing rather than playing back.  It wasn't clear which side escalated first, but I assumed that was what their conversation was about.

• Like 2

Just now, Yesh said:

To me on the last UTSA drive I thought they were content to run the ball and end the game, but then they ended up throwing the ball and trying to score and we were blitzing rather than playing back.  It wasn't clear which side escalated first, but I assumed that was what their conversation was about.

Fuck them. If you’re gonna try to score down 21, we’re gonna try to stop you. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Yesh said:

Kinda looked like their QB got popped high on the last play too which is what I assumed it was. Idk though, have been wondering like everyone else.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Card / Thompson don't play defense which was probably the worst in Texas history and maybe the worst in all of CFB last year.  And let's keep in mind Casey had a bad throwing hand which is a big deal for a QB or baseball pitcher (who won't play with such an injury).  Fans focus too much on the QB position, 2021 was much deeper than that. 

Shut up Casey...

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

It's UTSA! Did he have a perfect game? No. But he still deserves a ton of credit. I thought the 4th down call was a good decision. Texas had the momentum and they needed the points. They had a good play call and the receiver dropped it. 

1 hour ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

UTSA had the game in their grasp were it not for 3 critical drops. Years from now we'll see a 41-20 score but the game was much much closer.

Texas won, aside from UTSA errors, because of 2 superhuman Bijan runs, great contribution by RoJo, and timely NFL caliber hits by Overshown + Jamison pass breakups. All 4 of these Horns will play in the NFL, so it took NFL caliber plays to beat UTSA.  What a program Traylor has built 90 mies to the south.  Nebraska should take a serious look at this man. 

The defense gave up 3 points in the after they got up 17-3.  The 41-20 score looks closer than it was.  We kicked their ass the entire 2nd half.  Bijan's 2 TD runs he was basically untouched.  There was nothing superhuman about either, other than his speed.  He hit a huge hole, and cut it back on the 1st one.

We had backups in on defense in the 4th.  Traylor had them ready to go, but we held them 18 points below their scoring average.

This was a workmanlike win, not some herculean comeback effort.

• Hook 'Em 6

8 minutes ago, Yesh said:

6 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Kinda looked like their QB got popped high on the last play too which is what I assumed it was. Idk though, have been wondering like everyone else.

Y'all might be on to what Traylor was upset about.   Gonna watch the end of game to see what happened.

Thanks!!!

Edited by LTtxfan
Damn autocorrect

With the caveat that I can't see who was open on TV that Card missed...I think all this Card criticism on here is overblown. He is accurate and strong-armed on short and intermediate routes. His mobility came up big even with his injury. He seems like a good "culture" guy, for lack of better words. 

Yes, he is awful on deep balls. I think he basically has the yips at this point. And the processing still seems subpar although again, I can't tell on TV. Pocket presence used to be a nightmare but seems to be improving.

So yeah, Ewers is clearly the guy but I'm glad to have a guy like Card as a backup, especially once he's back to full health.

• Hook 'Em 6

Too much Traylor cocksucking.  They had a great opening drive, well done.   Lots of teams have great scripted opening drives in football.   They took advantage of something they saw on film that we do with the onsides kick (good for them, we obviously need to address that). Other than that Traylor and the Roadrunners went as far as their 6th Year Sr QB could take them....which was a 21 point loss that was never in doubt for a full quarter of action.  

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

With the caveat that I can't see who was open on TV that Card missed...I think all this Card criticism on here is overblown. He is accurate and strong-armed on short and intermediate routes. His mobility came up big even with his injury. He seems like a good "culture" guy, for lack of better words. 

Yes, he is awful on deep balls. I think he basically has the yips at this point. And the processing still seems subpar although again, I can't tell on TV. Pocket presence used to be a nightmare but seems to be improving.

So yeah, Ewers is clearly the guy but I'm glad to have a guy like Card as a backup, especially once he's back to full health.

I’m assuming he barely got #1 reps after Ewers was named starter, then lost half this past week healing up. A full week of #1 reps should help. I don’t expect him to sling bombs, but I expect it to be better for him in Lubbock and Sark to have a better gameplan suited for him after seeing him in a full game in 2022 

51 minutes ago, skilesare said:

As stressful as that was, it was an epic game plan. It is almost as if the coaches knew exactly what would win them the game and then executed. I would have loved for the run blocking to have looked better in the first, but the brutality of all the 2.5 yard runs in the first lead to the big runs in the second half.

Obviously not the strategy that will work against OU, but you’ve got to win as a any as you can and previous coaches would have tried to finesse this to a nail biting ending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Down 17-7.  That was execution?  I thought the team looked unprepared and unmotivated at the start.  Absolutely nothing epic about that.

But it happens. They came around and won going away against a decent team.  UTSA's QB is good.

21 minutes ago, Fico said:

Imagine that?

When the offense is productive the defense gets to rest and the dynamics of the game tilt in their favor.

I take your point, but in the first quarter, it wasn't about getting enough rest for the defense. They seemed unmotivated and disorganized like a ship without a captain. 

• Hook 'Em 2

36 minutes ago, boilerhorn said:

It looked to me like Sark was frustrated at Traylor/UTSA.  Sark maintained eye contact and gave direct responses.  Traylor seemed to avoid eye contact and his body language was less assertive.  Perhaps I misread it and I was applying my perspective about the timeout w/ 22 seconds left...

I haven’t watched the end sequence a second time, but could someone on UTSA’s DL gone low on an OL on one of the kneel downs? Really the only thing I can think of. Can’t imagine he’d get pissed bc of a meaningless timeout unless something came out of it 

1 minute ago, NYCHORN2013 said:

I haven’t watched the end sequence a second time, but could someone on UTSA’s DL gone low on an OL on one of the kneel downs? Really the only thing I can think of. Can’t imagine he’d get pissed bc of a meaningless timeout unless something came out of it 

I mentioned it up thread but could have been UTSA trying to score a TD when the game was clearly over

33 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Using your logic, we can all say that Sark is better than Saban as well. Strange hill to die on. Last nights 1st half performance was on the players who slept thru the 1st half. The onside kick Traylor called was a bad call that worked, as was the double pass that same drive.

Edited by FloridaHorn

I watched the "handshake" sequence live.  I recall that Sark got distracted/sidelined by someone so he didn't make a beeline toward Traylor, he was, but then had to kind of circle back and that was a little awkward.

But while they were talking, I don't recall seeing Sark's mouth move.  He just listened, with a concerned/attentive look on his face.  Seemed a little odd, but not like a big argument or anything.  All you saw basically was the back of Traylor's head and he didn't seem to be particularly animated.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

I watched the "handshake" sequence live.  I recall that Sark got distracted/sidelined by someone so he didn't make a beeline toward Traylor, he was, but then had to kind of circle back and that was a little awkward.

But while they were talking, I don't recall seeing Sark's mouth move.  He just listened, with a concerned/attentive look on his face.  Seemed a little odd, but not like a big argument or anything.  All you saw basically was the back of Traylor's head and he didn't seem to be particularly animated.

Pretty sure something either another UTSA coach or a player did (or said) pissed Sark off and that was what instigated the exchange. Didn't seem like a big deal.

8 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Here yah go in case you haven't seen it...

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

No. Fans don’t focus enough on the QB position.

A great QB covers up all sorts of nonsense and program rot. Colt McCoy went 25-2 as an upperclassman with a shitty offensive line, bad OC, two really good receivers and JAGS at RB. We’ve had plenty of teams in the last 14 years that were outstanding high level QB play away from being at the Mack Brown w/o VY standard that I think we all year to see return year in and year out. 

A team can’t be great with just a great QB, but we played a billion 1 score games last year even with as bad as all that shit you said was. If Ewers is our starter instead of Casey they 5-7 team is an 8-4 or 9-3 team. 

I don't understand how anyone that watched the McCoy years can come away thinking that an elite QB isn't the easiest way to win in college football.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The Traylor fan club will make any excuse and rationalize that scoring 20 (3 in the second half) and losing by 21 to a Hudson Card led offense is worthy of the sloppy blowjob they’re all lining up to give Traylor this morning.

Unfortunately for them, Galindo isn’t letting else get in line 

Bijan and Rojo led the offense. 1980s Run the Ball Style.

23 minutes ago, Tylerocks said:

As a quick, kind of gay aside, (NTTAWWT) anyone know what the brand(Nike?) pants the staff was wearing on the sideline last night?

I assume they're some sort of nike golf pant.

I like them..

i think this is the website where you can get them.

image.thumb.jpeg.21bbed37bcfafe5b5d1de6edd700b61a.jpeg

• Haha 3