Roadkill vs trampling longhorns LHN 7 PM

immamac

1 hour ago, Tex-19 said:

With the caveat that I can't see who was open on TV that Card missed...I think all this Card criticism on here is overblown. He is accurate and strong-armed on short and intermediate routes. His mobility came up big even with his injury. He seems like a good "culture" guy, for lack of better words. 

Yes, he is awful on deep balls. I think he basically has the yips at this point. And the processing still seems subpar although again, I can't tell on TV. Pocket presence used to be a nightmare but seems to be improving.

So yeah, Ewers is clearly the guy but I'm glad to have a guy like Card as a backup, especially once he's back to full health.

The problem though is Sarkisian's offense is predicated on deep shots. It will grind to a hault against better defenses with more depth when you can't get the box light. For all the training Card has received, he still consistently throws off his back foot on the intermediate and deep shots.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

"Sark, how many times did Traylor insult your mother in the post game conversation at midfield?"

Except it would sound more like this:

Steve it looked like Coach Traylor insulted your mother at the post game handshake. How will that affect your relationship with your mother and when will you see her again? Can you talk a little about that?

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Texasrocks said:

You're an idiot. How many 4 and 5 stars are on the UTSA roster again? Is there a single player on UTSA that Texas recruited? They had a walk on playing tackle at one point. Not a Charles Wright 3 star type of player with offers from D1 programs, a UTSA walk on. And they scored 20 points. Yes, Traylor absolutely outcoached Sark.

They came out fired up while we slept through the 1st quarter.  We then proceeded to roundly kick their ass.  Traylor scripted game plan worked, but he made no adjustments and got the ball shoved down his throat.  He had the ream ready to play, but to say he out coached Sark is hyperbole.  

• Hook 'Em 7

Yep.  Look very rarely when you lose do you outcoach the other side.  Last week MAY be a rare example where 20.5 point underdog lost by 1 with a lot of other bullshit thrown in that we don't need to rehash here where you could say the losing team "outcoached" the winning team.  But when you get beat, the other team covers and the game wasn't in question in the 4th quarter....you didn't outcoach anybody.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Yesh said:

To me on the last UTSA drive I thought they were content to run the ball and end the game, but then they ended up throwing the ball and trying to score and we were blitzing rather than playing back.  It wasn't clear which side escalated first, but I assumed that was what their conversation was about.

Looks like at the very beginning of that clip Sark says “This just happened?” Than after Sark says “That’s between you and me.” He says something like “He came right up to me.” So it sounds like they were reacting to what someone did after the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, TexasRenegade said:

Until he realizes the game is over and quits?

I had no issue with him coming out at that point. A win for UTSA would have been nice but at that point, it was over and they still have their goals ahead of them.  No point in getting him hurt in a 3 score loss 

2 minutes ago, Xminus6 said:

Looks like at the very beginning of that clip Sark says “This just happened?” Than after Sark says “That’s between you and me.” He says something like “He came right up to me.” So it sounds like they were reacting to what someone did after the game. 

Like a lackey for UTSA went outside the CoC, maybe

Edited by The Dude
  • Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

I had no issue with him coming out at that point. A win for UTSA would have been nice but at that point, it was over and they still have their goals ahead of them.  No point in getting him hurt in a 3 score loss 

I don't know, Traylor was obviously trying to make the score look better.  All his other starters were still in....

When I watched it live it looked like Sark was looking for Traylor for the handshake. Shortly after locking eyes on Traylor, someone jogged past Sark and said something that caught his attention. Sark immediately swung around to get in that ass and had to pull off so that he could shake hands with Traylor. Traylor probably asked "wtf man, what's up?" and Sark then told him to keep his cronies in check. After that, it seemed like the two coaches came to some sort of an agreement that they should handle shit like that between themselves. 

At least, that was my interpretation. Just watched the Traylor post game interview and man, dude seems likeable as hell. Good luck to the Roadrunners going forward. They play hard.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

I called you a pussy for thinking karma for message board posts would have anything to do with it, so you can add fucking idiot to pussy on the list of things mean old Huckleberry has called you. 

Did you sulk and stew over that response over the last ~12 hrs?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Kennythetiger said:

How big a boy is Traylor?  He makes Sark look small. 

Don't know but pretty sure Sark is not a very big person. Looks like he's about 5' 9" and a fluffy 185 pounds.

Edited by ElChupacabra
Google says Sark is 6' 2" so apparently I suck at judging size from pictures. Fuck me right?
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, MirrOlure said:

This was an easy and trendy “upset special” for national analysts and many Surlys. We took their best “underdog with nothing to lose” shot, wobbled a little, then buckled up and beat the crap out of them the rest of the way….all with a pedestrian QB. I’m as gruntled as I could have hoped to be after 3 games.

They were definitely someone we could have lost to.  I remember on the season prediction thread, most of the people were scoffing at me for saying UTSA was not a sure thing.

3 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

Card / Thompson don't play defense which was probably the worst in Texas history and maybe the worst in all of CFB last year.  And let's keep in mind Casey had a bad throwing hand which is a big deal for a QB or baseball pitcher (who won't play with such an injury).  Fans focus too much on the QB position, 2021 was much deeper than that. 

They had one stat:  This is the first time since 2011 we have held our first 3 opponents to 20 points or less.  We've been pretty bad on defense.

27 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

When I watched it live it looked like Sark was looking for Traylor for the handshake. Shortly after locking eyes on Traylor, someone jogged past Sark and said something that caught his attention. Sark immediately swung around to get in that ass and had to pull off so that he could shake hands with Traylor. Traylor probably asked "wtf man, what's up?" and Sark then told him to keep his cronies in check. After that, it seemed like the two coaches came to some sort of an agreement that they should handle shit like that between themselves. 

At least, that was my interpretation. Just watched the Traylor post game interview and man, dude seems likeable as hell. Good luck to the Roadrunners going forward. They play hard.

Good post...  Yeah looks like someone from Utsa came at Sark while he was looking for Traylor to shake hands.  Appears that's part of what Sark and Traylor probably were discussing...

Not cool for whoever did that from Utsa

Edited by LTtxfan

1 minute ago, LTtxfan said:

Good post...  Yeah looks like someone from Utsa came at Sark while he was going to shake Traylor's hand.  Appears that's part of what they were discussing...

Not that it really matters but I'd like to know what was said to Sark. Seemed like we played a pretty straight up game. Maybe they said something about their QB "getting targeted" but that would be pathetic seeing as how our starting QB was out of the game, too.

1 minute ago, Hank_Hill said:

Idk why anyone would think a former starting D1 quarterback not named Kyler Murray was 5’ 9”

Maybe because he's squatting 99% of the time he's on camera. Also, it looks like there's some discrepancy about his height in Google. Saw a couple places that say 6' 0" so 5' 9" doesn't seem absurd. Also, we all know football players lie about their physical stats and have been for, like, ever.

Just now, Hank_Hill said:

If Sark lost 3 inches due to “bone density” at age 50 he should probably be in the hospital instead of the sidelines

You're really hung up on my inability to judge a man's height from pictures on the internet aren't you? 

Leta hear it, Hank. Tell us all exactly how tall Sark is. While you're at it, go ahead and list his weight, amount of dental fillings and which specific teeth, current status of his hemorrhoids, and, for good measure, let us know what his ideal BMI is. You're the professional here, amigo. Have at it.

3 minutes ago, ElChupacabra said:

You're really hung up on my inability to judge a man's height from pictures on the internet aren't you? 

Leta hear it, Hank. Tell us all exactly how tall Sark is. While you're at it, go ahead and list his weight, amount of dental fillings and which specific teeth, current status of his hemorrhoids, and, for good measure, let us know what his ideal BMI is. You're the professional here, amigo. Have at it.

image.gif.547a856fbf47a5908608b10d4ee5f166.gif

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 5