Roadkill vs trampling longhorns LHN 7 PM

immamac

36 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Was able to watch the highlights this morning. Feels like that onside was a wolid 14 point swing. 24-10 at half wouldn't have been a stretch imo. 

It was a 10-7 game

The double pass TD came after the onside kick for a 17-7 lead

We stomp their ass 34-3 to finish the game 

Not sure where your 14 point swing comes from 

• Hook 'Em 1

Re: post-game handshake

The video I saw seems to show Traylor explaining something or complaining about something to Sark with Sark saying "I understand" multiple times with a serious face. Not sure if Sark said something first because I didn't see that.

Someone at the game posted that Sark lit into the officials pretty hard right afterwards so I'm wondering if Traylor (or Sark) was upset about a non-call and Sark went to the officials afterward to "discuss" it.

Otherwise:

Did one of our lame media (FCB, Bowels, Ed "too old" Clements) ask in the post-game presser about Ewers being in pads?

1 hour ago, Macanudo said:

Didn't he come out after the hit by Overshown?   Maybe he got his bell rung.

He did for one play, since the officials stopped the clock for "injury." He finished the drive that ended with the failed 4th down conversion. Then Bijan scored on following drive, and he was done.

Hats off to them for making it interesting in the beginning, but if we play them 10 times we win 10. Mrs. Ska (no pics) asked after the 5th or 6th injury timeout how many of their guys were we going to hurt. They were simply out matched. Credit to them for firing both barrels and playing with a lot of energy, but our team wore them down. What is evident is that we still don't have a game wrecker on defense. Add that and put our elite qb back in and this game is over by halftime.

7 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

It was a 10-7 game

The onside kick gave them 7 points they wouldn't have got with the extra possession and we missed out on a possession and 7 points (3 at worse) from a short field. Thus 24-10 at half instead of 17-17. 

9 minutes ago, TXRed said:

Sark was fucking amped up for Bijan, the "love" for strong and herman always seemed fake to me or misguided at best. The way these guys respond to sark and this staff this year feels pretty genuine and I think that's a big step to winning close games or weathering shitty stretches like that first half and still finding a way to win. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

According to Reddit, sometime in the post game it was discussed that Traylor was unhappy about the speakers being so loud next to their bench they couldn’t communicate. Traylor also said it was the loudest stadium he’s ever been in. That must have been the discussion. 

39 minutes ago, JGHorn said:

It was a 10-7 game

He meant 21-10.

29 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

The onside kick gave them 7 points they wouldn't have got with the extra possession and we missed out on a possession and 7 points (3 at worse) from a short field. Thus 24-10 at half instead of 17-17. 

So did you. 

Got some liberal arts majors up in here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

22 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

According to Reddit, sometime in the post game it was discussed that Traylor was unhappy about the speakers being so loud next to their bench they couldn’t communicate. Traylor also said it was the loudest stadium he’s ever been in. That must have been the discussion. 

I take it the stadium wasn't as loud when Chuck was head coach.

• Hook 'Em 2

2 hours ago, The Dude said:

Except it would sound more like this:

Steve it looked like Coach Traylor insulted your mother at the post game handshake. How will that affect your relationship with your mother and when will you see her again? Can you talk a little about that?

"Steve, it was obvious Traylor outcoached you. What improvements to you think you need to work on, and will it even matter?"

• Rage+1 1

44 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Me to traylor is I were Sark:

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Make em eat Taco Bell said:

UTSA had the game in their grasp were it not for 3 critical drops. Years from now we'll see a 41-20 score but the game was much much closer.

Texas won, aside from UTSA errors, because of 2 superhuman Bijan runs, great contribution by RoJo, and timely NFL caliber hits by Overshown + Jamison pass breakups. All 4 of these Horns will play in the NFL, so it took NFL caliber plays to beat UTSA.  What a program Traylor has built 90 mies to the south.  Nebraska should take a serious look at this man. 

The Traylor infatuation is very similar to Herman at this point. 

He lost by 21 points to a team with their backup QB and it would have been worse if Texas kept their starters in. Traylor is a fine coach but acting like he did anything special in this game is stupid. 

4 hours ago, Surly Bevo said:

Too much Traylor cocksucking.  They had a great opening drive, well done.   Lots of teams have great scripted opening drives in football.   They took advantage of something they saw on film that we do with the onsides kick (good for them, we obviously need to address that). Other than that Traylor and the Roadrunners went as far as their 6th Year Sr QB could take them....which was a 21 point loss that was never in doubt for a full quarter of action.  

Especially with Frank Harris. That QB is going to win a lot of games for any G5 program. 

You would think some Texas fans would have learned their lesson after Teddy Bridgewater. The only reason Strong even sniffed the Texas job. 

• Hook 'Em 1

UTSA’s onside kick was actually offsides by the kicking team. It caught the refs off-guard too, as they weren’t expecting it either.

For offsides on a regular kick off a player must have his “complete body” beyond the kicking team’s restraining line (35). For an on-sides kick, all it takes is a toe, hand, head, or etc. to break the “plane” of the restraining line, prior to the kick.

Hook’em!

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 2

5 hours ago, BurdineBandit said:

It didn't "take" NFL caliber plays to beat UTSA, we beat them with the talent we have. I also give a lot of credit to their QB, who started college in 2017 and graduated a year and a half ago. I'm assuming he took an extra COVID year or something because last year he was all conference as a redshirt Sr. It took UTSA having a 23-year old returning super super senior all-conference QB just to keep it within 21.

The "NFL caliber players" argument is so dumb. 

Texas wins this game by 50 points if UTSA doesn't have Frank Harris. Look at the number of pressures and then how shitty the backup QB looked. Of course good players make the difference. 

It's how Alabama wins every year. 

21 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

If the computers could see the officiating or knew Ewers went out… that actually feels like a pretty fair number though, just looking at box scores and explosives and the like. 
Thanks. 

Yep, even Connelly made a comment about how the Texas passing game had a big drop off from Ewers to Card. 

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

Which says a lot because he coached in that stadium for Texas.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Especially with Frank Harris. That QB is going to win a lot of games for any G5 program. 

You would think some Texas fans would have learned their lesson after Teddy Bridgewater. The only reason Strong even sniffed the Texas job. 

Yeah, I’m highly skeptical of Traylor until I see what he can do without Harris. He makes up for so many issues for them. 

• Hook 'Em 3

Once again actually watching the replay of the game versus the vibe of the game thread is like listening to Tupac vs this lady. I've read several complaints about the lack of deep balls and how that automatically means Card sucks.

Card I believe had 3 deep shots to Worthy in the first half. First one could have been caught, maybe even should have been, though not a perfect strike by any means.

Second shot Worthy made little effort to adjust to the ball but it was not an accurate throw. I wondered if Card was trying to make the short and inside ball position that so often leads to a PI call when the DB plows through the receiver trying to come back to the ball. We'll never know b/c again, Worthy made no effort.

Third shot was a bad throw that Worthy made a strong attempt to reel in. This was a bad miss by Card b/c Worthy had beat the defense soundly.

Other than that Card managed the game pretty well and never cost the offense. Placement of the ball on swing passes and screens could be better but they're mostly fine.

His burst on that one long run up the middle on a scramble was surprising. Sark should definitely plan to take advantage of his wheels more.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Once again actually watching the replay of the game versus the vibe of the game thread is like listening to Tupac vs this lady. I've read several complaints about the lack of deep balls and how that automatically means Card sucks.

Card I believe had 3 deep shots to Worthy in the first half. First one could have been caught, maybe even should have been, though not a perfect strike by any means.

Second shot Worthy made little effort to adjust to the ball but it was not an accurate throw. I wondered if Card was trying to make the short and inside ball position that so often leads to a PI call when the DB plows through the receiver trying to come back to the ball. We'll never know b/c again, Worthy made no effort.

Third shot was a bad throw that Worthy made a strong attempt to reel in. This was a bad miss by Card b/c Worthy had beat the defense soundly.

Other than that Card managed the game pretty well and never cost the offense. Placement of the ball on swing passes and screens could be better but they're mostly fine.

His burst on that one long run up the middle on a scramble was surprising. Sark should definitely plan to take advantage of his wheels more.

None of the deep balls were thrown well. 

Sark had to abandon going deep after the 1st quarter because he realized Card wasn't going to be effective. Card did a good job of managing the game but the offense is limited with him. With Card at QB, all we are getting is a manager and not somebody that's going to stress defenses. 

Edited by Rickylovesweed
  • Hook 'Em 6

5 minutes ago, SilasCoade said:

Assuming they wanted to limit his running because his ankle was fucked up. By that point it was nut-cutting time and damned if he didn't damned if he did. 

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Assuming they wanted to limit his running because his ankle was fucked up. By that point it was nut-cutting time and damned if he didn't damned if he did. 

The weird thing is I've never seen that type of burst from Card even when healthy. 

If Card can move like that and QE isn't back the offense should definitely be more focused on using Card's legs. 

1 minute ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The weird thing is I've never seen that type of burst from Card even when healthy. 

If Card can move like that and QE isn't back the offense should definitely be more focused on using Card's legs. 

Oh I agree 100%. I just think they didn't want to risk him worsening that injury early in the game. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

None of the deep balls were thrown well. 

Sark had to abandon going deep after the 1st quarter because he realized Card wasn't going to be effective. Card did a good job of managing the game but the offense is limited with him. With Card at QB, all we are getting is a manager and not somebody that's going to stress defenses. 

Yeah, like I said, only the first one was even a decent throw, but some of that was on Worthy too. And the deep ball is just one thing a QB needs to do. If he's good enough at the other things, this team can continue to win with him back there.