Lowell Galindo can eat my ass

Fondren & Main

I remember a couple years ago I met some chick at a baseball tailgate that worked for LHN and the subject of Galindo came up. I talked about how everyone hates him and nobody could figure out how he kept his job.  

She was blown away. Apparently everyone at LHN loves him and thinks he's the best ever. It was the first time she'd ever heard anyone say anything bad about him.

• Haha 3

43 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s actually true. I didn’t see the game and don’t know the play you’re talking about. But if the player has control of the ball, doesn’t use the ground to catch it, and the ball doesn’t move when it touches the ground, then that’s okay.

Yeah, but you’re as bad as Galindo, so go fuck yourself. 

44 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

That’s actually true. I didn’t see the game and don’t know the play you’re talking about. But if the player has control of the ball, doesn’t use the ground to catch it, and the ball doesn’t move when it touches the ground, then that’s okay.

The ball went through his arms and was cushioned by the ground, then pulled into his arms off the ground. Clear IC pass. Incidentally touching of the ground sure. The way he described it was not good. 

• Hook 'Em 1

He is terrible for football and even worse when they have/had him at the Disch for baseball. Though he claims to have played at some small D2 or D3 school, he knows NOTHING about the game. Total fucking idiot.

I posted it earlier during tonight's game thread, but I swear a couple of years ago they had him in the booth with Swindell and Moreland for a baseball game broadcast. At one point he was talking some stupid dribble to Moreland and while he was doing that, Zeke had a cold stare at him like,.....he was going to strangle him on live TV (if only).

Seriously though… i guess at this point it doesn’t matter, but is there anyone we can bitch to about this? He and acho were like shoving ice picks in my ears. Whoever on the game thread said it sounded like they were being paid by UTSA was right. Just the worst televised broadcast team I’ve ever heard, with no mention of it being LONGHORN NETWORK you stupid cunts. It’s like they were actively trying to shit on their base. 

• Rage+1 1

27 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Galindo is awful.  he won't shut the fuck up, ever.  he just keeps talking in hopes that a play happens and it gets on sports center and he's talking before, during and after.  the stupid ass nickname crap is just icing.

There it is. He and Acho never let a second go by without blathering the tiredest shit in the game. 

Acho, agree that he's very likeable, has been trained to use the "UTSA coaches are going down the bench saying 'hey! we're still in this!" "He, we get this first down and we're in it!" "Hey, we're all saying hey in quote marks even though nobody ever says any if this shit."

Galindo is as described many times. I also don't like how they script different shit and show or talk through it no matter what is going on on the field.

And yes, it did feel like I was watching the Road Runner Network.

• Hook 'Em 1

28 minutes ago, troph said:

The ball went through his arms and was cushioned by the ground, then pulled into his arms off the ground. Clear IC pass. Incidentally touching of the ground sure. The way he described it was not good. 

If it doesn’t meet the criteria I listed then it’s not a catch. I remember hearing some douchebag announcer in some game, I can’t recall when, justifying a missed call by explaining that merely having a hand touching the ball when it was in contact with the ground, even though the ball was moving and clearly demonstrating that the receiver didn’t have control, justified it being called a catch. I know that it was recent enough that I posted about it in some game thread on this board.

There are way too many announcers who just accept whatever call the officials make and then explain why that was the correct call, whatever it was. Some of them have had very successful careers. <*cough*>Herbstreit</*cough*>

Sure, “They’ll call that every time:” Except when they don’t. And sometimes they don’t.

Don’t even get me started on the inconsistency of targeting calls.

It's not our fault, Lowell, that for the last decade you didn't do your job and remain objective on the Horns and slobbed the Texas knob before it was merited only to be made to look like a fool.  Now you think that by overcorrecting and only pointing out the negative you are being objective when really you are merely covering your own ass/insecurities.  Welcome to the land of Kunt Bowels.  

7 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Don’t even get me started on the inconsistency of targeting calls.

You obviously didn’t watch the game.

I cancelled the LHN part of my Sling package 3-1/2 hours after I activated it. I’m not subjecting myself to any more than is absolutely necessary. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

4 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

this is the fourth or fifth "fuck lowell galindo in the face with a soldering iron" thread on this site. there were several more at TOS. he's literally my least favorite person ever to be associated with the university, and that includes charles whitman. 

OK??