Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

50 minutes ago, mchookem said:

for some reason @clapclapclapnotifications don't work for @clapclapclapin this forum. very strange bc @clapclapclapis very concerned about politically motivated violence, right @clapclapclap?

jackass 🙄

He has to wait to receive his opinion from his thought leaders before he can comment. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, UpperWestside said:

I really do not care about how unkind history is going to be to Republicans. They willingly took in these mentally unstable people because they needed every single voter they can get, mentally impaired or not. The statement from Gov. Youngkin was just, Christ on a cracker, just pure trash. Just say you don’t condone violence and leave it at that. 

My middle-aged MAGA sis-in-law went fully down the Qanon rabbit hole, mentally ill, doesn’t work, lives out of her car or in a tent and survives because  of her dad and step-mom occasionally giving her money.  She was an Obama voter in 2008, and didn’t appear to vote before or after 2008 until 2018 (she was not on the Trump train until after he won).  

Prior to Trump, if she was as mentally I’ll as she is now,  I can’t see any Republican politician, pollster, or campaign workers showing one tiny bit of interest in her at all.

But now the stupid shit she would send us after Trump took office and she got into Qanon, it’s now mainstream GOP, and Republican politicians are not willing to alienate the mentally ill like her.

• Rage+1 1

59 minutes ago, Creasy Bear said:

Now that it’s evidently his gay lover are you still going to war? 

Show your work.  We need to find out where aggy like you get your news.

Also, no one on here has said anything about "going to war," that's your team's rhetoric.

Does it hurt to be this stupid?  

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

The Fox News response is so typically disgusting that I should be numb to it by now.

But a hundred million idiots hear people like Watters and nod along.  It's frightening to think of what they're eventually going to point that army of well-armed, brainwashed imbeciles at. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1. MAGA terrorists should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.

2. This should extend to those playing the Charles Manson/Osama Bin Laden roles in the MAGA movement. 

3. While these events are unnerving and justifiably emotional, calling for a preemptive civil war on red hats — as has been done in recent pages — only makes things worse. Violence leads to move violence; dehumanization leads to more dehumanization; down the drain we go. 

4. These kinds of calls for violence, enflaming passions, dehumanizing your neighbors, are either the work of Russian bots or Americans propagandized by Russian bots. Check your news sources and what’s informing your emotions and opinion.

5. The scope and reach of MAGA Bin Ladens is astronomically greater than a message board poster frustrated by bad football, but it’s all the same destructive framework. This isn’t “both sides” but rather an acknowledgment of what’s actually pushing us over the brink.

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Beau Vine said:

"A lot of people get hit with hammers"?  Really?

Why yes many people are assaulted with hammers. This morning as I left my apartment a guy in what appeared to be an Antifa shirt threw a hammer at me. Luckily it missed and took out a window. Just to get on the subway I had to run a gauntlet of hammer wielding homeless guys who were just let out of the 103rd Street precinct moments before. Imagine, if you will, the terror of seeing two dozen angry homeless men with hammers. It was mortifying! Thank God I made it to the subway just as this mob made it to the platform! 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh horseshit.

Only one side is espousing and excusing violence.

Only one side is using dehumanizing lies and conspiracy theories to paint the other side as subhuman and inspiring their followers to want to kidnap and assault and murder.

Only one side is actively stripping women and gays and Black and Brown people of rights.

Only one side attacked our government in a violent attempted coup.

Only one side has political leaders excusing the violence and the most watched news network doing the same.

So excuse the fuck out of the other side for reacting to threats and attacks and assaults and attempted murder and actual murder with rage.

Y’all bitch and bitch and bitch about Democrats being pussies and weak messaging and yet fall for the “both sides” narrative and play right into these right wing terrorists hands by expecting one side to be fair and rise above it all and be the adults.

This battle cannot be fought by being above it all and working within the old ways.

So, ball peen, claw, or sledge?  Or maybe just a tack hammer, probably less lethal.

Better get used to it because these people are not going away and within six years may be bossing all of us around.  I say this because it is obvious that D's have no clue how to combat disinformation and the fact that there is nothing R's won't do to win.  Our messaging always sucks while R's will say anything.   mean, the whole globe has inflation and ours is about the lowest in the world and the R's have not proposed one solution for it.  Biden is the only one pulling levers (release of reserve oil).  As far as crime, if you look at the top ten states with the highest murder rates, 8/10 are red states.  Did you know that the city with the highest murder rate in California is a city in Kevin McCarthy's district?

We have already lost the war due to our ineptness.  These two articles articulate pretty much what I have come to believe is at least plausible.     

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2022/10/wisconsin-2022-midterms-gerrymandering-redistricting-evers-michels/ 

https://www.texasmonthly.com/news-politics/sorry-democrats-texas-isnt-a-secretly-blue-state/

Edited by CTC2
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, Biff Tannen said:

So what does it say that most mentally ill people are prone to right wing violence?

It says that the right wing messaging is that of violence.  There’s certainly mentally I’ll that associate with both parties/preferences and they are the ones that are most likely to ignore norms and morality to do something.  If the message is violence, that’s what will be done. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, RomaVicta said:

I didn't know what groyper was, so I looked it up. 

Hide contents

For the cartoon after which the group is named, see Pepe the Frog § Groyper.

Groypers

"Groyper" meme, the namesake of the group

Groypers, sometimes called the Groyper Army, are a group of white nationalist and far-right activists, provocateurs, and internet trolls who are notable for their attempts to introduce far-right politics into mainstream conservatism in the United States, their participation in the 2021 United States Capitol attack and the protests leading up to it, and their extremist views. They are known for targeting other conservative groups and individuals whose agendas they view as too moderate and insufficiently nationalist.[3][4] The Groyper movement has been described as white nationalist, homophobic, nativist, fascist, sexist, antisemitic, and an attempt to rebrand the declining alt-right movement.[2][5][6][7]

Presently, Groypers are a loosely defined group of followers and fans of Nick Fuentes, a white nationalist, far-right political commentator, and livestreamer.[8][2] After Fuentes, there is no clear second in the Groyper hierarchy.

Michelle Malkin, a conservative blogger and political commentator, has referred to herself as the "mommy" of the Groyper movement, though she plays a minor rule in the cause.[9][10]

I never bothered to find out about the stupid frog, Pepe. Dickheads.

this was a good doc

and actually looks like it's available free on youtube

i really feel for the kinda hippy dippy creative dude who made this indie comic and then it became a centerpiece of the republican hate machine. He's got 30 grand of pepe inventory in a locker that's just garbage and whatever he does with the rest of his life, he'll be the guy that made the nazi frog.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

11 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Yes yes.

An anonymous nobody on a University of Texas football message board is very equivalent to

-A former president
-Members of the former president’s administration
-Sitting members of Congress
-Every anchor and talking head guest on the most watched cable channel
-85% of republicans running in elections to become representatives, senators, governors, and a multitude of state and local offices
-The new owner of the most influential social media platform
-Host of the biggest podcast on Spotify

Etc etc etc etc

Not equivalent, obviously, and no one has said as such. But definitely on the same team. We can’t make Trump and friends stop terrorizing, but we can police our own community.

Yeah no.

“Policing our own”????

That’s just meaningless palaver to try and seem above it all.

Playing nice just ensures the violent assholes steamroll the decent people and win.

I’ll worry about that when an elected Democrat or Democratic candidate or pundit or liberal thought leader calls for violence.

aa184c84b79fed7065e4f4b3d2665070.jpg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Not equivalent, obviously, and no one has said as such. But definitely on the same team. We can’t make Trump and friends stop terrorizing, but we can police our own community.

Thinking like this is exactly how we commit suicide as a country. We should worry about nasty rhetoric from a handful of people who are NOT on the right….instead of meeting terrorists with brute force.
Ignoring terrorists won’t help.
Negotiating with them won’t help.
Destroying them…that’s all that will help.
When side X declares war on side Y and seeks to exterminate them, then the way to respond to that existential threat is not to say “now now, let’s not be mean like side X is.”
Fight back. Or die. Those are the choices we have. We didn’t present them. The MAGAs did.
This will only get worse.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Bama Chick said:

Oh horseshit.

Only one side is espousing and excusing violence.

Only one side is using dehumanizing lies and conspiracy theories to paint the other side as subhuman and inspiring their followers to want to kidnap and assault and murder.

Only one side is actively stripping women and gays and Black and Brown people of rights.

Only one side attacked our government in a violent attempted coup.

Only one side has political leaders excusing the violence and the most watched news network doing the same.

So excuse the fuck out of the other side for reacting to threats and attacks and assaults and attempted murder and actual murder with rage.

Y’all bitch and bitch and bitch about Democrats being pussies and weak messaging and yet fall for the “both sides” narrative and play right into these right wing terrorists hands by expecting one side to be fair and rise above it all and be the adults.

This battle cannot be fought by being above it all and working within the old ways.

Apparently, @fattyflattie found this hilarious too. I tried to reach the guy, but political violence is his vibe -- just like the shitty boat he covets over his kids' futures.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, bolverk said:

Apparently, @fattyflattie found this hilarious too. I tried to reach the guy, but political violence is his vibe -- just like the shitty boat he covets over his kids' futures.

Political violence is not my vibe. I wouldn’t shed a single tear if they took the psycho that did this out back and hit him in the head with a hammer.  But that post was dumb af, and funny. 

I don’t agree politically with the other party!! We need a war!!1!  Lulz. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Thinking like this is exactly how we commit suicide as a country. We should worry about nasty rhetoric from a handful of people who are NOT on the right….instead of meeting terrorists with brute force.
Ignoring terrorists won’t help.
Negotiating with them won’t help.
Destroying them…that’s all that will help.
When side X declares war on side Y and seeks to exterminate them, then the way to respond to that existential threat is not to say “now now, let’s not be mean like side X is.”
Fight back. Or die. Those are the choices we have. We didn’t present them. The MAGAs did.
This will only get worse.

This is a fundamentally dishonest post. You should be better. Calling what’s happening here, in this community, “being mean” isn’t honest. Calling for “war” isn’t being mean.

It’s the stuff of Russian trolls or those radicalized by Russian trolls. If you’re justifiable anger has been inflamed enough that this seems reasonable, check your media consumption. Charlie Strong was a terrible coach, but dead on about social media.

This is an emotional, and possibly terrifying event. There are firm ways to deal with it without making everything worse. Whatever happened to the Biden real talk on MAGA fascism? That was great. The false dichotomy of either “start a war” or roll over is dishonest.

Your post also isn’t grounded in reality. You don’t stop a civil war by starting a civil war. This is insane. Be mean, call them terrorists, arrest them, arrest their leaders and cheerleaders, and make Fox News lose its mind, but that’s not what happened here.

Man gets MAGA radicalized in some MAGA forum and attempts to assassinate the Speaker.

Surley poster: hey guys let’s all kill red hats.

Other surley posters: totally cool. We’re just some online forum anyway.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Fuck You 1

This is a fundamentally dishonest post. You should be better. Calling what’s happening here, in this community, “being mean” isn’t honest. Calling for “war” isn’t being mean.
It’s the stuff of Russian trolls or those radicalized by Russian trolls. If you’re justifiable anger has been inflamed enough that this seems reasonable, check your media consumption. Charlie Strong was a terrible coach, but dead on about social media.
This is an emotional, and possibly terrifying event. There are firm ways to deal with it without making everything worse. Whatever happened to the Biden real talk on MAGA fascism? That was great. The false dichotomy of either “start a war” or roll over is dishonest.
Your post also isn’t grounded in reality. You don’t stop a civil war by starting a civil war. This is insane. Be mean, call them terrorists, arrest them, arrest their leaders and cheerleaders, and make Fox News lose its mind, but that’s not what happened here.
Man gets MAGA radicalized in some MAGA forum and attempts to assassinate the Speaker.
Surley poster: hey guys let’s all kill red hats.
Other surley posters: totally cool. We’re just some online forum anyway.

….and you’ll still be sitting on your couch insisting that they aren’t coming for you right up until they kill you.
Or maybe you’re not one of the obvious people they’ll go after, so you have the luxury of not taking the threat seriously. Cool. Those of us of certain ethnicities, or who shop in a Hispanic neighborhood, or who are around Dem politicians with some regularity don’t have that luxury.
Continue to think Jan 6 is an outlier…and that those who egged it on will ever face consequences. Think that this attack is an outlier. Whatever helps you sleep.
But know that it will get worse. And you won’t fight back.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1