Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

Interesting how the cycles repeat themselves.

Lost both house and senate in Bush's last years. Then a huge letdown and loss to a random candidate named Obama in 2008, Rep. leadership never changed with the same people pulling the strings.

It wasn't until they could no longer control their own party vote that we would see a slight change in Trump.

Losing both houses and then losing to Trump should have been a wake up call for Democratic voters. Huge embarrassments and exposed manipulations in the Clinton/Bernie fight and then further embarrassment in the Trump/Clinton fight, a lost one. A complete failure to shove Clinton down our throats again and again. Yet, here we are with the same Democratic leadership.

Queen Boss Bitch clapping back on that young commie.

Nancy Pelosi “cannot be seen by her party as being weak on negotiating with Donald Trump,” says President Donald Trump’s acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney. And “Nancy Pelosi is only looking to protect her speakership … and that’s why she’s unwilling to negotiate with us,” according to White House press secretary Sarah Huckabee Sanders. These were excuses by the Trump administration to shift blame for the government shutdown. But they also were intended to suggest that Pelosi’s hold on the speaker’s gavel is tenuous, buffeted by a left-wing insurgency led by ambitious, impatient newcomers like Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez.

The reality is that Pelosi grabbed the gavel on Thursday with a firm grip. The first two battles led by Ocasio-Cortez and her Instagramming army of rebels ran smack into Pelosi’s establishment fortress. When Ocasio-Cortez made waves by loudly demanding a new committee tasked with drafting a “Green New Deal,” Pelosi quietly brushed it aside last week, as if to say: Kids, brush up on your Schoolhouse Rock. Then after a meek surrender, Ocasio-Cortez, along with Rep. Ro Khanna, hastily tried to derail restoration of the so-called pay-as-you-go rule or “PAYGO”—a limitation on new spending without offsets that some on the left see as a threat to their big-ticket agenda—only to watch the chairs of the Congressional Progressive Caucus side with Pelosi and nip the rebellion in the bud.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2019/01/03/pelosi-ocasio-cortez-congress-223690

Pelosi surely knows as much, which explains why she was unfazed by Ocasio-Cortez’s attempted show of force. After Ocasio-Cortez and Pelosi traded niceties following the Sunrise protest, some speculated that the two were actively cooperating and we shouldn’t assume intraparty friction. But Pelosi has not exactly hidden her disdain with those on the activist left who push proposals she considers foolish. In a New York Times interview conducted before the midterm elections but published shortly afterward, she sarcastically said, “I have those who want to be for impeachment and for abolishing ICE … Two really winning issues for us, right? In the districts we have to win? I don’t even think they’re the right thing to do.”

•  
  •  

Begun the Liberal Wars have.

24 minutes ago, Fozzz said:

I was unaware AOC was supposed to walk into congress and dethrone Pelosi.   

The manufactured narrative that AOC is going to disrupt the Democratic Party is amusing tho

• Like 1

Just now, Fozzz said:

Pelosi is itching to fund the wall.

Um, no thanks.  They renege on any deal.  They're actively limiting LEGAL immigration while bitching about the wall.  They'd never do the deal in good faith.  Trump and the Freedom Cockus already blew up one DACA/wall deal. 

• 2 weeks later...
1 minute ago, triplehorn said:

Trump’s first and only SOTU was 9 min short of the record for longest delivered (WJC) and he claimed it was the most watched SOTU ever.  Even if the SOTU is a pointless media circus, he’ll experience this as a loss and appearing weak.  guaranteed.

I will venture a guess he holds his own SOTU in a Red State at some arena venue and touts the attendance.

Just now, Incredulity said:

I will venture a guess he holds his own SOTU in a Red State at some arena venue and touts the attendance.

Exactly.  They can rent out a bounce house and a giant ball pit and get the kind of bingo hall optics that Trump loves where he can blame the shortage of burrito covers on the Dems.  

4 minutes ago, Bat Guano said:

Say what you want about Nancy, she's good at the game.

This.  In this arena, she's goddamned Tom Brady.  Most of us may hate him, but when it comes to consistent, disciplined, and clutch QB play, he's the fucking man.  You don't have to like Pelosi (I doubt that many people do).  But you gotta respect the game.

2 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

THIS.

Exactly what I was saying when I pointed to how he negotiates with contractors who he stiffs.  They NEED his money.  So they'll agree to a shitty deal just to get paid so they can pay their bills.

Nancy ain't a contractor.  She doesn't need him.  He has no leverage.  And he has ZERO idea how to play the game when he doesn't have complete leverage.  He's flailing.  Let him flail.