Nancy Pelosi is a badass MF and I want her to be Speaker

Hugo Stiglitz

4 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Ah, Nancy.  The future of the Democratic Party 

And so far she’s owning your traitorous president. What does it feel like knowing you’ve been supporting a president that has encouraged perjury and supported working with a hostile nation to win the presidency? We won’t forget that you’re a supporter of a traitor. 

• Like 1

I've been saying for years the Democrats need to find new leadership blood to energize the party. Right now, I'm happy Nancy is still in the lead. Experience is needed to right the ship and keep it from foundering. I have faith she will do everything she can to achieve this. McConnell is the biggest obstacle to getting things back on track at the moment. He's putting party over country once again.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, RPM said:

I've been saying for years the Democrats need to find new leadership blood to energize the party. Right now, I'm happy Nancy is still in the lead. Experience is needed to right the ship and keep it from foundering. I have faith she will do everything she can to achieve this. McConnell is the biggest obstacle to getting things back on track at the moment. He's putting party over country once again.

He can’t do much as Senate minority leader. 

Paraphrasing here:

Pelosi just thanked the public for being instrumental in this fight.  She said she can’t win without public opinion and how important it is the public has awareness of what’s happening going forward.

I love this woman. 

Edited by Hugo Stiglitz

Just now, David Dennison said:

Every single person inside the Beltway knows it. 

Donald Trump is a political eunuch. 

This is accurate.

Sometimes you gotta go to political battle.

Y'all gonna go anywhere, for any cause, led by Trump?  Fuck no.

And to follow, are you going to be stupid enough to put yourself in Nancy's line of fire?  Fuck no.

9 minutes ago, Francisco 2.0 said:

From June 2015 until the election (and after) not a single Republican could stand toe to toe with Trump and leave him neutered.

Nancy accomplished it in 22 days as Speaker.

She's been gearing up for this since January 20, 2016.

I think this is a fairly incredible moment in the history of our country and the world as a whole. A 78 year old Italian woman, who stands around 5'5", has done what no man has ever done to Dotard and stared him down, called his bluff and got him to fold. 

The majority of Republicans have let this traitorous asshole run amok for two years and it has come down to this woman in charge of The People's House to stop him and holy hell has she done that.

If you are still supporting Trump right now while watching this you are seriously deranged mentally and need to get some professional help ASAP. 

Edited by UpperWestside
  • Like 5

8 minutes ago, burntorangebongos said:

isn't she just some junior member back bencher nobody? Go lick clams, Liz!

Yeah, but she's Dick Cheney's daughter, and by virtue of that last name, she's had plenty of air time on Fox State News Network the past 10-15 years or so, and she's thought of as an "up and coming" Republican.  Plus, given the demographic wall the Republican Party has built around itself, as a woman, she's needed in a sense.

And it's her sister that's the lesbian.  

7 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

This is accurate.

Sometimes you gotta go to political battle.

Y'all gonna go anywhere, for any cause, led by Trump?  Fuck no.

And to follow, are you going to be stupid enough to put yourself in Nancy's line of fire?  Fuck no.

I have to ask you: you’re probably still on the ledge, but are you feeling any better about any of this?  Have you lowered your alcohol consumption?

I think this is a fairly incredible moment in the history of our country and the world as a whole. A 78 year old Italian woman, who stands around 5'5", has done what no man has ever done to Dotard and stared him down, called his bluff and got him to fold. 

That’s cause bitches get shit done.
  • Like 6

11 hours ago, UpperWestside said:

The majority of Republicans have let this traitorous asshole run amok for two years and it has come down to this woman in charge of The People's House to stop him and holy hell has she done that.

If you are still supporting Trump right now while watching this you are seriously deranged mentally and need to get some professional help ASAP. 

Pretty much this. The SOTU thing is an underrated brilliant play. Not only did it cause Trump to make himself look like a petty bitch by canceling her delegation's trip on the tarmac (after Rs took a similar trip like a week before), but you know damn well that Trump's desire to have the spotlight and the cameras on him for that speech factored into him caving and opening the government.

I'll admit, as a liberal, I was hoping for a change of leadership in the Democratic Party. I wanted new blood, younger blood, to lay the groundwork that will push the progressive agenda forward. I was mistaken. The only person on Earth that might have a larger ownership stake of Donald Trump as of this morning is Vladimir Putin. As long as Trump is in office, we need Pelosi to do what no one else has been able to effectively do - serve as a legitimate check. She is damn good at her job.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Pretty much this. The SOTU thing is an underrated brilliant play. Not only did it cause Trump to make himself look like a petty bitch by canceling her delegation's trip on the tarmac (after Rs took a similar trip like a week before), but you know damn well that Trump's desire to have the spotlight and the cameras on him for that speech factored into him caving and opening the government.

I'll admit, as a liberal, I was hoping for a change of leadership in the Democratic Party. I wanted new blood, younger blood, to lay the groundwork that will push the progressive agenda forward. I was mistaken. The only person on Earth that might have a larger ownership stake of Donald Trump as of this morning is Vladimir Putin. As long as Trump is in office, we need Pelosi to do what no one else has been able to effectively do - serve as a legitimate check. She is damn good at her job.

This is me as well.