Texas opens as a 5 point favorite @ Texas Tech

TexasMan

The UTSA game could have been a lot closer. The dropped pass in the endzone. Tipped pass that turned into a pick 6. The dropped pass on 4th and 1. The Bert FG that may have been a false start? (Are kickers allowed to move before the snap?) Their QB leaving the game with a concussion or w/e.

If gimpy Card is starting again, this is a close win at best. And fuck the techtards in this thread with their fake humility reverse jinx bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 2
  • Rage+1 1

33 minutes ago, immamac said:

With all 65k of their fans (and that's if they set an attendance record) - there is 0 chance their environment will matter. These guys remember Arkansas - that is their measuring stick. Lubbock is a cakewalk compared to Fayettnam. 

This game will never be close. Texas by 100 or forfeit. 

I'm not sure what it was that flipped your opinion of this team going into the Bama game, but I like it.

16 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

The UTSA game could have been a lot closer. The dropped pass in the endzone. Tipped pass that turned into a pick 6. The dropped pass on 4th and 1. The Bert FG that may have been a false start? (Are kickers allowed to move before the snap?) Their QB leaving the game with a concussion or w/e.

If gimpy Card is starting again, this is a close win at best. And fuck the techtards in this thread with their fake humility reverse jinx bullshit.

I mean imagine the score if Bijan doesn't flip from Ohio State!!!!!!

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

And they'd fucking revel in being the ones to knock him out for the year. 

This. Whether it's Ewers or Card, we can expect to see at least 1-2x late head shots, spearing attempts or hits below the belt. Tech won't be penalized for it either, so don't hold your breath.

• Hook 'Em 1

14 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So if 5 major plays went differently the game would have been different. Interesting.

I could pick 5 plays to go the other way and suddenly instead of 41-20 it's a 59-10 Texas win. 

You need 5 plays, here are 3 that may make the 59-10 score happen

1. Call the offsides on the onside kick

2. Hit Worthy on the 3rd and 15 on the first drive

3. Make the tackle (either time) on their 3rd and 7 from the 15 to force a FG

27 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

So if 5 major plays went differently the game would have been different. Interesting.

I could pick 5 plays to go the other way and suddenly instead of 41-20 it's a 59-10 Texas win. 

Do you really believe that we're ~21 points better than UTSA with gimpy Card? It didn't feel that way to me, but maybe I'm being overly pessimistic. I would love to be loud wrong and up by double digits in the 4th quarter Saturday.

3 minutes ago, immamac said:

Same people who thought UTSA was a trap game are the same people that think Tech is gonna "bring it like it's never been broughten"

UTSA was most definitely a trap game. Just because we didn't get caught in the trap doesn't change that fact. 

That's a game we find a way to lose in past years. That we showed up asleep with a backup QB and ended up running a way with it is a sign of a team that is getting better IMO.

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

UTSA was most definitely a trap game. Just because we didn't get caught in the trap doesn't change that fact. 

That's a game we find a way to lose in past years. That we showed up asleep with a backup QB and ended up running a way with it is a sign of a team that is getting better IMO.

Even Sark admitted today last year's team probably loses down 17-7

1 minute ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I love how everyone is pretending that UTSA was ever going to win that game. 

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, immamac said:

Same people who thought UTSA was a trap game are the same people that think Tech is gonna "bring it like it's never been broughten"

Personally I believed that Bama was the trap game, in anticipation for what UTSA was a'gunna be bringing. Maybe I was right. Maybe I was Memphis. 

Edited by UncleBuck
  • Haha 1

53 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

This is such a terrible way to look at a game. This essentially reduces every play down to pure luck and focuses only a set number of plays that if gone the other way would have been detrimental to UT.

What if UT recovered the inside kick? What if Watts picked off that trick play deep ball to the end zone? What if one of our QB pressures resulted in a sack? 

Anyone can do this ad nauseam and come up with alternate realities.

Edited by Danimal
  • Hook 'Em 3

3 minutes ago, Danimal said:

This is such a terrible way to look at a game. This essentially reduces every play down to pure luck and focuses only a set number of plays that if gone the other way would have been detrimental to UT.

What if UT recovered the inside kick? What if Watts picked off that trick play deep ball to the end zone? What if one of our QB pressures resulted in a sack? 

Anyone can do this ad nauseam and come up with alternate realities.

What if every good play for Texas didn't happen and then all the bad plays for UTSA didn't happen? 

THEN THEY BEAT US BY 40 FIRE SARK! 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Danimal said:

Anyone can do this as nauseam and come up with alternate realities.

And what if targeting isn't called, going from 3rd and 8 to 1st and 10 with a fresh set of downs for UTSA? That maybe gives Texas an extra drive. Maybe Texas scores, and we're NOT 21 points better because we're actually 24 or 28 points better!?

4 minutes ago, CurlyDumps said:

So variance isn't real?

I am curious what the SP+ Expected Win percentage for this one will be. It did feel like UTSA was playing well and just missing that little extra rub of the green for most of the game.

Of course make your own luck/God helps those who help themselves etc etc

4 minutes ago, texifornia said:

I am curious what the SP+ Expected Win percentage for this one will be. It did feel like UTSA was playing well and just missing that little extra rub of the green for most of the game.

Of course make your own luck/God helps those who help themselves etc etc

I thought someone posted it was 100%.

13 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

I said it was a trap game. Your diploma is showing.

Every game this year is a trap game for Texas.

1. ULM - unknown of a freshman QB making his first start in over 2 years.

2. Bama - risk of being embarrassed at home.

3. UTSA - Traylor's superbowl and potential post Bama hangover.

4. TT - Lubbock is so scary. Tortillas will be everywhere, lose this one and the season is over.

5. WV - They suck, how will Sark ever get the team amped to play this game. Plus OU is next week, we will probably be looking ahead.

6. OU - Remember last year?

7. ISU - another potential let down after a big game scenario.

8. Ok St - Ok St starts a 12 year veteran at QB and Gundy always has them ready for us.

9. K State - Purple Wizardry and all that bullshit.

10. TCU - Revenge against Phat Pat game.

11. Kansas - You don't just march into Lawrence and expect to win. 

12. Baylor - either this is for all the marbles, or our season has been over for weeks. Either way, Aranda will have Rapelor ready...Prepare thy ANUS!

• Haha 8

9 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

4. TT - Lubbock is so scary. Tortillas will be everywhere, lose this one and the season is over.

5. WV - They suck, how will Sark ever get the team amped to play this game. Plus OU is next week, we will probably be looking ahead.

8. Ok St - Ok St starts a 12 year veteran at QB and Gundy always has them ready for us.

12. Baylor - either this is for all the marbles, or our season has been over for weeks. Either way, Aranda will have Rapelor ready...Prepare thy ANUS!

EDIT: I think I missed the attempt here 

Edited by UncleBuck

6 minutes ago, FloridaHorn said:

It would be worth you understanding what a trap game actually is before commenting.

1 hour ago, CurlyDumps said:

Ifs, ands could of, would of. Thats called football. Playing Bama a week ago kept this first half closer than a complete blowout. 

1 hour ago, Huckleberry said:

I'll take just 1 play.  If Watts had pulled his head out of his rear and batted the double pass down or picked it off, the game changes dramatically in the first half.  Why he did the limp-wristed swat at the ball that he was in position to break up, I have no clue.

• Rage+1 2

I hate to tell you but Tech isn’t as good as UTSA. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Do you really believe that we're ~21 points better than UTSA with gimpy Card? It didn't feel that way to me, but maybe I'm being overly pessimistic. I would love to be loud wrong and up by double digits in the 4th quarter Saturday.

Yes, it took an onside kick and gimmicky tricks in the 1st half to keep this a 21 point game. 

That’s not sustainable. 

29 minutes ago, DefinitelyNotHollywoodColt said:

It would be worth you understanding what a trap game actually is before commenting.

Oh, I understand what a trap game is, I'm just tired of the constant sandy vagina this board gets every week. Every game has an angle that could be perceived as a trap if you allow it to.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

I hate to tell you but Tech isn’t as good as UTSA. 

1 hour ago, Rickylovesweed said:

People don’t seem to understand there’s a huge drop off from Frank Harris to Donovan Smith. I mean huge.

Its why I don’t understand this line at all. 

Perhaps your assumptions are wrong? 

2 minutes ago, Fud said:

Perhaps your assumptions are wrong? 

I don't think so. 

Tech is better defensively but not by a significant margin. The UTSA offense is substantially better than Tech because of QB and WR play. Would you take Tech to beat UTSA on a neutral field with Donovan Smith at QB? I wouldn't. 

3 hours ago, CurlyDumps said:

We may not be up double digits in the 4th quarter, or even win this weekend. That doesn’t make your claim that we somehow aren’t 21 points better than UTSA any less horrifically idiotic. 

I'd say Tech is a substantially better defensively and marginally worse on offense than UTSA.  I'd put Tech around a 5-point better team than UTSA, so the line makes sense in that regard.

But Vegas appears to be stubbornly Missouri on Texas right now despite comfortably covering the 3 games we've seen so far.

• Hook 'Em 1