Texas opens as a 5 point favorite @ Texas Tech

TexasMan

10 hours ago, immamac said:

How is this at all news? He was fucking suited up for UTSA. You’ve seen him throw in warmups, and he’s practicing fully. Why would your starting QB not start if those things are true? 

3f60cb26-ff7b-4aec-8dd9-132c6e91682a-981

6 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

Not worried about Tech's defense if Ewers is playing. He had not trouble picking apart Bama's offense. Tech's defense is not going to slow him down. I just hope the defense shows up.

Ewers playing defense, 4-D chess.

11 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

What Hank said. I saw him in a t-shirt and shorts lobbing the ball around before UTSA like he was in the parking lot at a tailgate. If there’s been a report of him running with the one’s as a full go, then mea culpa for missing it. Needless to say, I am stoked to learn about it. 

Since the whole "day to day" thing last Monday I've felt we were probably talking a two game injury for him vs. anything close to 6, but seeing him out there Saturday made me feel a bit better about his chances this week. Not that he was suited up, that could always be gamesmanship, but the running and warm-ups weren't some half-assed bullshit with that injury. But still, he can go out there this past Saturday, whip it around a little, run around, and come in the training room Sunday feeling like he was hit by a train, and then we have a setback. So no, it's not entirely obvious he'd be playing this week based on what we saw this past Saturday alone, but we haven't heard of any setbacks so I've been feeling better about this week. And now CTJ putting things the way he did has me feeling even better. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I can’t believe some of the whining on here about the UTSA game. I figured there’d be handwringing about Tech, sure, but people are down on the UTSA win? Some of you guys are for real stupid. 

Tech’s QB sucks. We get a reprieve after facing two witches over the last two games, Texas gets to play a human. He’s also a turnover machine. Yes, please!

Tech doesn’t have playmakers on offense. The TBs aren’t dynamic. They don’t have a deep threat. The OL isn’t great. 

Defensively, Tech’s defense is fine, but they’re not forcing turnovers. Fend off Tyree Wilson and isolate him and you can do what you want against them with UT’s size and speed. 

It’s Lubbock, Texas has to go in ready. That said, Ewers will be starting and Texas will have some energy with that. 

If this Texas team is legitimately good, they’ll win and cover and get fired up to beat the shit out of West Virginia the following week. These are games you have to win, and relatively stress free. 

Just dropped a $100 on Texas to cover because of this

• Hook 'Em 1

12 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Tech has really played some piss poor offenses. Here is where the offenses they've played rank in total yards per game. 

Houston (#87 and that's with playing 2 OT games).

NC State (#86).

Murray State (258 yards vs Tech, 269 yards vs Jacksonville State, 155 yards against Ball State). Yikes. 

It might be hard to believe, but you're overselling the Murray State Offense. In yards per game they rank 116 out of 123 FCS teams. When compared against FBS Competition they would rank 131 out of 132. The only Division 1 teams who have produced fewer yards per game than Murray State are:

Wagner, Colgate, Bucknell, Indiana State, Norfolk State, Wofford, Lafayette and... The Iowa Hawkeyes. lol

• Haha 1