Texas opens as a 5 point favorite @ Texas Tech

TexasMan

Comparing Tech's game vs UH, UH's game vs Utsa, and Utsa's game vs Texas and coming to a conclusion of how the game this Saturday in Lubbock will go is not wise.

Saturday, Tech fans will be as rowdy as Texas fans were for Bama.  First road game this year for the Longhorns.  Health of UT QBs are still a major issue -- Card's ankle could be one hard tackle/twist away from knocking him out of the Tech game.  DMO may not be allowed to play in the first half at Tech.

Gonna be a crazy game this Saturday...  🤘

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Comparing Tech's game vs UH, UH's game vs Utsa, and Utsa's game vs Texas and coming to a conclusion of how the game this Saturday in Lubbock will go is not wise.

Saturday, Tech fans will be as rowdy as Texas fans were for Bama.  First road game this year for the Longhorns.  Health of UT QBs are still a major issue -- Card's ankle could be one hard tackle/twist away from knocking him out of the Tech game.  DMO may not be allowed to play in the first half at Tech.

Maybe but you can look at past games to get a read on how good a team is. Based on the current evidence, this Texas Tech team is not good. 

*They've played Murray State. 0-3 with blowout losses to Tech, Jacksonville State, and Ball State. Tech dominated against a horrible team. 

*OT win against a bad Houston team at home. 

*They were dominated against a top 25 NC State team. This game wasn't even close if you watched it. 

Texas will need to beat both Tech and the Big12 refs.  So, I figure the Refs will nullify at least one Texas touchdown, and give Tech one touchdown.  Texas will need to score something like 21 points more (before Big12 Ref "adjustments") than Tech to actually leave Lubbock with a win.

• Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, ousux said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didnt Tortilla rush the field and wreck their goalposts after beating the same Cougar High that were just soundly beaten at home by the mighty Kansas Jayhawks?

Both teams being on QB 2 nullifies any disadvantage of Ewers being out, mudhole in Lubbuttock.

With all due respect, what a dumbass comment. 

38 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

Hammer texas and the points. 

Wow no fucking shit. I figured that was clear when he was throwing as much as he could in warm ups and dressed out yesterday. 

Whether he actually plays or not is a different matter entirely. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, ztejas said:

Wow no fucking shit. I figured that was clear when he was throwing as much as he could in warm ups and dressed out yesterday. 

Whether he actually plays or not is a different matter entirely. 

Same. But Sark saying Murphy wasn't healthy then the "3 QBs" never being named specifically tells me Quinn was close enough last week to be throwing daily and could be ready by Tech. 

6 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

Texas being a 5 point favorite, on the road, with Vegas likely basing it on QE still being out should tell you how bad Tech is. 

This is not a good team. Their offense is way below average with their backup QB, their special teams are bad, and their defense looks like it's above average. 

Their defense looked above average last year before the Texas game too. Then we shredded them.

I think our program is headed in the right direction. But if Ewers is still out, not sure how people can be too confident about the Tech game. We have not played on the road yet this year. We won exactly one road game all of last year. 

Ewers makes the Sark offense fully operational. Card has guts, but is a significant drop off. 

• Hook 'Em 2

12 hours ago, Rickylovesweed said:

This is not a good team. Their offense is way below average with their backup QB, their special teams are bad, and their defense looks like it's above average.

Come on man, Hudson Card has run the offensive fine, and Bert Auburn made all of his kicks last game.

1 minute ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t like the idea of rushing Ewers back. Maybe I’m overly cautious but I don’t want a bad hit to take him out for the year

Half the problem last week is that UTSA felt like they had a chance to win. If we got up big early, we could have coasted. Some thing this week. If Tech feels like they have a chance, it will be a dogfight until the end. Put Ewers in the game and get up by a lot early and Card would be fine playing the whole second half.

42 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I agree this will be Tech’s Super Bowl. I have Tech friends that hate every fiber of the Longhorns. More than OU, who they respect. It’s going to be a nasty, ugly game. 

The Tech fans don't play the game. Tech hasn't given us a nasty, ugly game in years. Any particular reason this year is going to be different?

• Hook 'Em 2

12 minutes ago, Pig Bellmont said:

I don’t like the idea of rushing Ewers back. Maybe I’m overly cautious but I don’t want a bad hit to take him out for the year

And they'd fucking revel in being the ones to knock him out for the year. 

• Hook 'Em 2

7 hours ago, 52-80 said:

Come on man, Hudson Card has run the offensive fine, and Bert Auburn made all of his kicks last game.

He can't regularly complete passes beyond the Texas backfield.  Sark can't even run a semblance of his normal offense with him in the game.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 hours ago, Shaggybevo said:

Texas will need to beat both Tech and the Big12 refs.  So, I figure the Refs will nullify at least one Texas touchdown, and give Tech one touchdown.  Texas will need to score something like 21 points more (before Big12 Ref "adjustments") than Tech to actually leave Lubbock with a win.

Yep.   I'm thinking every road game is going to give those incompetent buffoons a chance to stick it to us.    This might be one of those games they half ass try to influence.    Somewhere on  the road and I think it's going to be either at Lawrence or Manhattan is when they will go in for the major screw job especially if we are in the race for the title game slots.   

3 minutes ago, Hermanator said:

Aww come on, one little taste won't hurt ya...

1 minute ago, Hermanator said:

No but seriously, if you sucked that bad at it you required intervention you should change your username. A real "Ace of Aces" wouldn't be getting intervened. He'd be high rollin' 24/7

Username checks out

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

With all 65k of their fans (and that's if they set an attendance record) - there is 0 chance their environment will matter. These guys remember Arkansas - that is their measuring stick. Lubbock is a cakewalk compared to Fayettnam. 

This game will never be close. Texas by 100 or forfeit. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1