NCAA Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

5 hours ago, shadow_operative said:

Black is on the bench now with 26 points (9-11 FG) and 6 assists, as a 6'7" freshman with great length. i continue to marvel at the basketball talent of young people these days. there so many players who would have been considered unicorns just 15-20 years ago. 

Dallas area high school basketball may be unmatched in the nation. Last year Texas had 5 McDonald's all-americans and all of them came from the metroplex. 

49 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Dallas area high school basketball may be unmatched in the nation. Last year Texas had 5 McDonald's all-americans and all of them came from the metroplex. 

i've felt that the metroplex has been the best for some time now. just a crazy amount of talent there, year on year. 

5 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Ramey finished with 17/4/2 last night for Zona on 6/9 FG, 3/5 from the arc. 

I really wanted him to come to Tech, would have been huge for our guard experience. Always been a fan, gutty player even if he is prone to the occasional boneheaded play. Kind of reminds me of Josh Perkins at Gonzaga a few years back in that regard.

Louisville is remarkably bad. What has happened to that program? I'm not sure they could beat the top 5 Texas HS basketball teams.

Tech up 44-13 with 15:46 left in the 2nd half. Currently on a 24-0 run.

Side note, they really need to do something to fix the court in Maui when they host these tourneys. People are sliding all over the floor, just begging to get someone hurt.

Edited by Brian Fantana
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

Louisville is uh

Barely playing D2 basketball right now lol

I'd go as far as to say they're a good deal worse than any of the other 3 cupcakes Arkansas has played so far

Going out on the limb here and say you nailed this one square on the head.  

• Haha 1

Might be an unpopular opinion but pressing for the last 10 minutes of a game when you're down by 40, the other team has cleared the bench out so you don't get futher embarrassed, and on a floor that's causing slips and slides all game is completely bush league. I know he won't do it, but if I was Mark Adams I'd rip the Louisville coach a new asshole on the post game presser. It's a miracle no one ended up getting hurt in that game.

Anthony Black made a ridiculous jump in skillset after he gave up football. That kid is special. I thought he was 4th behind Cason Wallace, Keyonte George, and Arterio Morris, but he may be the best out of all 4 of the metroplex guards already. And there's no doubt that he'll most likely be the best pro among them. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brian Fantana said:

I checked and the humidity down there right now is about the same as Austin on a clear day so I'm not really buying it's the humidity. It must just be a new court.

Oh I never said it was, i just said if it was. 

I have no idea what it is, but I’ve only seen 1 slip in this game. I fully acknowledge the tech game maybe had a lot more this morning. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pancho said:

Oh I never said it was, i just said if it was. 

I have no idea what it is, but I’ve only seen 1 slip in this game. I fully acknowledge the tech game maybe had a lot more this morning. 

It doesn't seem as bad this evening for sure. I've just seem some nasty falls (only a couple from Tech, but more from other teams). 

17 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

Creighton is scrappy and can shoot. They look much better than Gonzaga. Horns are in for a fight next week.

They're more experienced and they have a much better backcourt than Gonzaga does. They don't necessarily shoot better, but they're more skilled and handle better. They don't have anyone as skilled as Timme down low but not many teams do. Nembhard is undersized but one of the best point guards out there. They're also deep. Scheirman is legit, I was very impressed with him yesterday and again today so far.

6 minutes ago, Prepuce of Doom said:

Do we really need all three of these three point lines on this particular court? 

I don’t know that whoever puts this tournament on is rolling in money. They can probably only afford 1 floor so those 3 pt lines are for college and high school. The women’s line is now the same as the men’s so 2 is probably necessary as I’m guessing they still do high school stuff. 

29 minutes ago, Pancho said:

I don’t know that whoever puts this tournament on is rolling in money. They can probably only afford 1 floor so those 3 pt lines are for college and high school. The women’s line is now the same as the men’s so 2 is probably necessary as I’m guessing they still do high school stuff. 

Agreed - I just couldn't figure out what possible range of games they were expecting to play on this court, and the current assortment of lines is unpleasantly cluttered and generally unappealing to me.