NCAA Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

11 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

UH is overranked imo. They are very good but not sure how much you can glean from the schedule they have played. I will lose my shit if they get a #1 seed over a Big 12 champ just because they have fewer losses.

Agreed. They're a top 12 team. I'm not confident in anything past that. 

The American is really shitty this year.

Edited by ztejas
  • Hook 'Em 1

I subjected myself to the UH / Temple game this afternoon. John Chaney would be proud. That team's a rock fight, nothing more or nothing less.

UH is weird, a bizarre team. Sampson is greasy, no doubt. But there's no doubt he can coach really well. UH may go down in the first round or play at home that Saturday in Houston. Closer to the former than the latter. Did not know that both Quannas White and Hollis Price were on Sampson's staff. Not relevant to anything. The latter just evokes bad memories like Quinten Griffin, just not as bad.

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, UTEE97 said:

UH is overranked imo. They are very good but not sure how much you can glean from the schedule they have played. I will lose my shit if they get a #1 seed over a Big 12 champ just because they have fewer losses.

UH, SMC, Arizona and Tenn are the only top 10 NET teams with a Q3 loss. Like Tenn, high NET bc they beat the shit out of opponents in a shitty conference and it affects NET due to their MOV in the AAC. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Pancho said:

Duke has 10 points in 14 minutes. 

Whats Up Stare GIF by NBA

If you are a college basketball fan, you have to be enjoying this year. After all the years of watching the King Rat and his minions foil their opponents, this is van-glorious. Besides Kansas, I can't think of another school who deserves it more. 

I hope they do become the Nebraska of basketball.  Fuck Duke.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

If you are a college basketball fan, you have to be enjoying this year. After all the years of watching the King Rat and his foil their opponents, this is van-glorious. Besides Kansas, I can't think of another school who deserves it more. 

I hope they do become the Nebraska of basketball.  Fuck Duke.

The crazy part is I'm not sold on either Duke or Nawf Carolina long term. I think they are both in trouble. Davis will get the recruits because Nawf Carolina, but I don't think he's a great HC. I'll eat crow here in 5 years if I have to, but...

10 minutes ago, Pancho said:

The crazy part is I'm not sold on either Duke or Nawf Carolina long term. I think they are both in trouble. Davis will get the recruits because Nawf Carolina, but I don't think he's a great HC. I'll eat crow here in 5 years if I have to, but...

Nah, I think you are right. I had high hopes for Hubert despite that pitiful 2nd half in the NC. And with all the guys returning this season has been telling. Plus NIL has changed the game. If it's causing fits in football, I can only imagine what basketball is like.  Both programs are probably in for tough times. 

I started following Carolina back in the JR Reid days, so I hope they recover. Asking for Duke to miss the NCAA tourney is probably too much, though.

Edited by Brothahorn

35 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, aggy will likely play 2 ranked teams all year, and both will be at home. They only play Alabama and Tennessee each one time.

Which is why they are 2nd in the SEC and are a bubble team. 

Their non-con was horrific. And they lost to Murray State, Colorado, and Wofford. 

19 hours ago, Pancho said:

Which is why they are 2nd in the SEC and are a bubble team. 

Their non-con was horrific. And they lost to Murray State, Colorado, and Wofford. 

That and the SEC isn't good. 

Every team is a bubble team or bad other than Alabama and Tenneseee. Only 2 SEC teams are comfortably in the tournament in a 14 team conference. 

That shot was cutting it close.  Memorial Magic about backfired on Vandy as they only had 2 fouls called on them with less than a minute to play so they had to hack some to get that #up but then got the 5 second call plus the poor UT player choosing to run out clock I stead of taking the open layup.