NCAA Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

45 minutes ago, Wally Pryor said:

If everyone plays their A game in the tournament no one will touch Alabama. That's obviously a big if with the one and done nature. But they have elite athleticism, great depth, length like no one else and the best player in the country.  

They have a helluva shot.  

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

I like Oats but Bama is too Jekylll & Hyde for my liking, going out on a limb and say they don't make it out of 1st weekend. 

That was your team that doesn't make it out the first weekend.

Edey's a carnival show freak. The rest of that team is average. Just pack it in and make those other mediocre players beat you. 

On 3/12/2023 at 10:02 PM, Brothahorn said:

Hubert might get another year. But the leash will be extremely short.

I was talking to some UNC folks down at the ACC and they seemed to be relative insiders as far as boosters go and they said locker room chemistry was a huge issue. One fellow said that Love was an issue. I can’t remember his first name, Caleb maybe.

it will be interesting to see what happens next year with Bacot returning 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, PittsburghTiger said:

I was talking to some UNC folks down at the ACC and they seemed to be relative insiders as far as boosters go and they said locker room chemistry was a huge issue. One fellow said that Love was an issue. I can’t remember his first name, Caleb maybe.

Love deleted all his UNC stuff. He might end up portaling 

Edited by Js1

https://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/35866264/alabama-brandon-miller-armed-security-guard-due-threats

From the article...

Oats added that he looks at all his players like his own children: "I put myself in his parents' shoes, and our administration has seen the stuff that I've seen. It's appropriate. But it's nothing a college kid should have to go through."

Oats is such trash. Sorry, Nate, I have a hard time mustering up sympathy for a guy that delivered a gun to his teammate to kill an innocent woman. Perhaps scholarship athletes shouldn't be packing heat and getting into confrontations late at night outside of the club. 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

Damn, again?!

Armando should have taken the money and run when his stock was high.

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Badgers bumbled fucked any chance at a last second tying or winning shot, UNT off to the Finals.

Wolverines/Blazers just starting. 

9 min without scoring. They literally flatlined in the game flow 😂

• 2 weeks later...

Mikey Williams, an elite and popular basketball prospect who is set to attend Memphis next season, was arrested Thursday in San Diego on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.

San Diego Sheriff's Department Lt. Gavin Lanning said Williams -- ranked 34th in ESPN's list of the top 100 recruits in the 2023 class -- paid a $50,000 bond and was released at 12:14 a.m. Friday. He is scheduled to make his first court appearance Thursday.

There are multiple counts of assault with a deadly weapon against Williams, according to police documents, but he is likely to face one charge, per Lanning. Williams is accused of violating California penal code Chapter 9, Section 245(a)(2), which involves "any person who commits an assault upon the person of another with a firearm." The charge carries a maximum sentence of up to four years in prison.

On a recent appearance on the "I Am Athlete" podcast, Williams said he hopes to be smart about his investments in the future.

"I'm trying to be worth a billion dollars by the time I'm 25," he said.

I love the fact that the 34th ranked HS recruit plans on making $1B in the next 7-8 years. 4 years in the pokey may fuck things up for a bit, but I'm not betting against this young go-getter. This guy has HOF written all over him. 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...