NCAA Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

11 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

It’s amazing how they have become so irrelevant. Some of their fans still think that they are important. They are just bad. I have no idea how they won the BET in 2020-21. Patrick Ewing is just awful.

Any team with a pulse can win a conference tourney. It isn't that hard. 

My five most interesting games today:

Kentucky (10-6, 1-3) @ #5 Tennessee (14-2, 2-0) today. I can't imagine Cal will right the ship in Knoxville. The pitchforks will really be out after what might be a bad road blowout L.

#11 KSU (15-1, 4-0) @ #17 TCU (13-3, 2-2). For the sake of Texas' standing in conference, I really hope the frogs pull this out. Or, it'll be another data point that the Wildcats are really good and should be ranked much higher than 11. Prior to conference play, KSU's best win was LSU. They've since collected wins @Baylor and @Texas. We'll learn a lot more, as KSU faces @TCU, Kansas, TTU, @ISU, Florida, @Kansas, Texas, TCU over their next eight contests. Damn, that's quite a stretch.

#14 ISU (13-2, 4-0) @ #2 Kansas (15-1, 4-0). Does a road team finally overcome home cooking down the final stretch and maintain a lead to beat the Jayhawks at the Phog? History says the Cyclones will get screwed, but we'll see. 

Clemson (14-3, 6-0) @ #24 Duke (13-4, 4-2). Look out, the Tigers are the early leaders in a very down ACC, while Scheyer's first-year team is unstable, yet improving?... Duke had a Texas-esque comeback versus Pitt on Wednesday.

Texas Tech (10-6, 0-4) @ #10 Texas (14-2, 3-1). Which fan base will this game be a cathartic experience for? Does Texas command it in its entirety as they should, or do they start flat and have to battle from behind? Hopefully, it's another building block for Texas in a season where they've already experienced a college career's worth of adversity.

Edited by MuellerHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Underdog said:

Huge win given the current psyche of this team, very fortunate of the Ziegler missed layups. 

Shitty three-point shooting by Tenn and a massive difference in FTs attempted sealed it for UK. Good win for Cal and team.

Two ranked teams already fell to unranked opponents, and multiple other favorites who are currently trailing. Looks like it might be a weird day.