NCAA Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

9 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Isn't aggy a 4/5 likely seed???

They are likely on the 5 line now after their upset against Alabama, but should they shit the bed next week, they could fall back down to the 6. I think they get upset in their 1st round game. They were awful on the road and neutral sites.

2 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

That’s the most retarded statement I’ve ever heard.

Using Massey ratings, y’all have played 8 teams ranked 51 or higher (OUs rank, the worst team in the Big 12).  You went 4-4 in those games.   Nine out of 12 teams in the Pac12 are ranked lower than the Big12s worst team.

It is easy for me to believe you would have 6-8 losses in the Big 12. There is no way you would have been favored in more than 10-12 games.

• Hook 'Em 3

The B1G tournament seeding is wild

NW is the 2nd seed with a win or the 9th seed with a loss. That is quite the range 

Same with Michigan - if NW wins, Michigan is 8th. If NW loses, Michigan is 5th 

Edited by Js1

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

The B1G tournament seeding is wild

NW is the 2nd seed with a win or the 9th seed with a loss. That is quite the range 

Same with Michigan - if NW wins, Michigan is 8th. If NW loses, Michigan is 5th 

Nice way of saying the BIG is complete ass this year.  One team with fewer than 8 conference losses/10 total losses in the regular season.

14 hours ago, squib said:

As long as you have been a member here, I find that hard to believe. 

Season 3 Episode 24 GIF by The Simpsons

but to suggest Texas is a 12-6 Big 12 team but UCLA, who just went 17-0 at home and lost 4 games all to likely tournament teams, would be a .500 team in the Big 12 is just, well, I guess on brand here.

13 hours ago, Sbbruin said:

but to suggest Texas is a 12-6 Big 12 team but UCLA, who just went 17-0 at home and lost 4 games all to likely tournament teams, would be a .500 team in the Big 12 is just, well, I guess on brand here.

10-8 wouldn't be .500.  Just saying.

Yes, UCLA played well at home.  Let's just assume if you played in the Big 12 you would also win all your home games.

But... UCLA hasn't been great on the road.  In conference, you only played two top-50 (Pomeroy) teams in Arizona (11) and USC (34).  You lost both of those games.  And you barely won by 1 at WSU (54) and by 4 at Colorado (68).  Not to mention getting beat by Baylor (9) and Illinois (28) at neutral sites. 

If we extend that to the Big 12, and assume road losses to everyone better than USC, that means you get losses at: Texas (8), KU (9), Baylor (14), WV (17), KSU (18), ISU (22), TCU (25)

It is also reasonable to think that one of OSU (40), OU (51) or Tech (53) would get you at home since they are all better than WSU who you squeaked by. 

Boom. There are 8 losses.  And that assumes you go undefeated at home, something KU, Texas and Baylor were all unable to do.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 hours ago, HookEm said:

10-8 wouldn't be .500.  Just saying.

Yes, UCLA played well at home.  Let's just assume if you played in the Big 12 you would also win all your home games.

But... UCLA hasn't been great on the road.  In conference, you only played two top-50 (Pomeroy) teams in Arizona (11) and USC (34).  You lost both of those games.  And you barely won by 1 at WSU (54) and by 4 at Colorado (68).  Not to mention getting beat by Baylor (9) and Illinois (28) at neutral sites. 

If we extend that to the Big 12, and assume road losses to everyone better than USC, that means you get losses at: Texas (8), KU (9), Baylor (14), WV (17), KSU (18), ISU (22), TCU (25)

It is also reasonable to think that one of OSU (40), OU (51) or Tech (53) would get you at home since they are all better than WSU who you squeaked by. 

Boom. There are 8 losses.  And that assumes you go undefeated at home, something KU, Texas and Baylor were all unable to do.

Very scientific.  But there is no way to project what-ifs.  I’m done with the hypotheticals as it is pointless.  Yes, the Big12 is a vastly superior conference.  But UCLA absolutely dominated the PAC, and would hold its own and challenge for the conference.  Texas was 12-6 in conference.  I believe strongly we would beat Texas on a neutral floor.  Maybe we’ll find out.  We did lose perhaps the P12 defensive POY in Jalen Clark, but everyone deals with injuries.

time to focus on reality, not this fantasy folly.

3 hours ago, PittsburghTiger said:

At the ACC. First game of the day: Syracuse v Wake. Syracuse fans can be such entitled jagoffs.

Hopefully, King Boeheim the Addled can give them a few more years of shit product. I know he gave them a title, but one in 47 years of coaching isn't worthy of a lifetime gig. Couldn't happen to a more deserving fanbase of douchebags. 

32 minutes ago, KingBobo81 said:

Boeheim is out/retiring at Syracuse - Adrian Autry is the new head coach.

Guess my wish of further Boeheim on the Syracuse faithful will go unfulfilled. 

At least he went out in classic form. Being a petulant dick to a reporter doing their job.

• Rage+1 1

Just saw the Boeheim post game presser. What the actual fuck? Why was he being such a dick? If he wanted to return and was being fired, just fucking say so, why was he denying retirement, saying "it's up to the university" like a complete piece of shit? You would think after 47 years and being old as fuck he could at least be a little mature about the end of his career. Did the AD bang his wife or something?

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Just saw the Boeheim post game presser. What the actual fuck? Why was he being such a dick? If he wanted to return and was being fired, just fucking say so, why was he denying retirement, saying "it's up to the university" like a complete piece of shit? You would think after 47 years and being old as fuck he could at least be a little mature about the end of his career. Did the AD bang his wife or something?

You must be new to the Boeheim experience. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, either. His kid is also a prick.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, The Ace of Aces said:

You must be new to the Boeheim experience. The apple doesn’t fall far from the tree, either. His kid is also a prick.

I guess so. I feel like after 47 years I know very little about him. I just know that in 2003 we had a 17 point lead on him in the first round tourney game and Carmelo and Co. came back and they ran through the rest of the XII to win it all. Was also surprised that 2003 was his only national title.

Much like K early on, used to root for Boeheim as he seemed like a decent guy who just couldn't get over the hump. I really felt bad for him after the heartbreaking loss to IU in the '87 Finals on the Keith Smart shot. The Syracuse/Gtown BE rivalry was just good stuff, then he becane, or finally exposed, his whiny ass personality we've seen for years now.  Try not to run over and kill anyone else in retirement, Jimmy. 

Pitino to Syracuse?