NCAA Basketball 2022-23

shadow_operative

G-D B1G and Big East being on Fox networks mean I can't multiscreen it on the ESPN App today.  

B1G Network: Rutgers-Michigan
ESPN: Wake-Miami
ESPN2 coming up: ISU-Baylor
FS1: St. John's-Marquette
SEC Network coming up: MSU-Florida

Hey guys, didn't see a March Madness thread yet.

I'm paying for cable TV this year (Spectrum).

Had to actually step up an additional $12/month notch on my plan just to get ESPNU last night for the start of the Big 12 tourney.

But I just now realized I might NOT need ESPNU to watch any more games this year.  So, I googled last year.

The 2022 TV channels were TruTV, Sling TV, CBS, TNT and TBS and that's it for all of March Madness.  Didn't touch ESPN at all.  

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/ncaa-basketball-tournament-bracket-tv-015701861.html

Just putting that out there for anyone else wondering about the TV channels.

Cancelling my add-on now.  

It is truly astonishing to sit among Duke people and listen to them complain about fouls.  I’m in the first row behind their complimentary seats behind their bench. 

seriously, Duke should never, ever have a foul called against them, ever

They are killing us. Shooting like crazy 10/20 from 3 and 27/40 overall 

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Dammit, I really wanted Ewing to succeed at his alma mater.

He was an assistant coach for a few years on my Orlando Magic NBA team.  Played for us his last year or two as a bench player too.

He was even "under consideration" for the head coaching position with the Magic, though I don't think that ever got serious.

Everyone liked him there AFAIK.

And he did a terrific job teaching our bench center Marcin Gortat.
The guy went from a scrub to a star (to some people - me included).

He went on to become a starter for the Wizards.  Would have been a starter for the Magic if it weren't for Dwight fucking Howard.

Here's what the Marcin Gortat action figure will look like - Bullets Forever

638 Orlando Magic Patrick Ewing Photos and Premium High Res Pictures -  Getty Images

Edited by ATXbronco

1 hour ago, Underdog said:

So many piling on UNC for likely missing the ncaat after being ordained as the PS #1 you hate to see it. 

It’s fun how my feelings about a game change depending upon which fan base I am sitting around. If I have no vested interest in a game I find myself changing whom I root for depending on the assholeish nature of the fans. Last night I wasn’t really rooting for anyone in the UVa v UNC game but, the UNC fans sitting around me were so obnoxious that at halftime I found myself rooting for UVa. Even though I I have a friend whose boy plays for UNC I couldn’t root for them anymore.

It makes it all a bit more fun, especially after we got blown out in the first session.

Edited by PittsburghTiger

Subtle thing by Purdue but I loved how it defended the backcourt after made free throws in the final couple minutes. No unencumbered trips up the floor by Rutgers, lots of onball pressure. Ate up a good deal of time. 

Purdue is still a fraud but good coaching by Painter. Others should take note. 

Bill Walton is worse than Lowell Galindo 

Walton is a different strain of rough listen but sees and knows things about the game that many do not (when he cares to talk about it instead of random crap)… Lowell is in his own zip code of stupidity, fan boyism, and knobpolishing
  • Like 3

Just now, VinyVango said:

Walton is a different strain of rough listen but sees and knows things about the game that many do not (when he cares to talk about it instead of random crap)… Lowell is in his own zip code of stupidity, fan boyism, and knobpolishing

Okay but also this was Walton last night…

image.thumb.png.d7570e1e797435fadb9d504426c1246d.png

I get he covers the Pac 12 and is a west coast guy, but if it was up to him, the Pac 12 would get every team in bc the elitist east coast conferences and the flyover conferences just don’t appreciate or understand Pac 12 ball. You know, the 6th best conference in NET

His Pac 12 homerism shrouded in waxing nostalgic and word vomit stories that don’t relate to the makes him a bad analyst, like Galindo. 

Hence why one is usually relegated to LHN or ESPN+ and the other gets games that start after half the country has gone to bed 

7 minutes ago, VinyVango said:

Half the time when he’s explaining he’s phantom arguing with his colleague. Colleague: Arizona hasn’t made a 3 yet. Walton: “THATS BECAUSE THEY ARE PRIORITIZING THE BIGS, ITS LIKE SAYING A TEAM WITH KAREEM, SHAQ, AND HAKEEM AND YOU WONDER WHY THEY AREN’T SHOOTING THREES!!?” 

He’s a bastion of knowledge but it comes out 98% of the time in an insufferable manner. 

he coulda said that’s right because they are prioritizing the bigs in the paint. Could become an issue if the bigs production falls or if state can find a rebounding edge and keep Arizona off the glass. 

something like that, no instead he calls his colleague a fucking moron. 

Edited by troph
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, Underdog said:

After a quick start by UK it's been all Vandy, Dores up 10 with U16 to play.

I was at the game. A lot of clutch shooting by the Dores. They were 10-12 at one point and are now 20-13. Joe L has them as first four out, which I think is stupid, given how hot they've been and finishing 6th in a 14-team Power-5 conference.

Vandy 10-25 (40%) from three and 18-20 (90%) from the line. 

UK 6-25 (24%) from three and 11-20 (55%) from the line.

I feel like Cal's teams are always bad from the stripe. They out rebounded Vandy by 17 (43-26) and still lost.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

which I think is stupid, given how hot they've been and finishing 6th in a 14-team Power-5 conference.

Committee removed the “last 10 games” which discussing making the tournament and seeding. But they are human. 

I don’t think Vandy is in without winning the SECT. 

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, MuellerHorn said:

I was at the game. A lot of clutch shooting by the Dores. They were 10-12 at one point and are now 20-13. Joe L has them as first four out, which I think is stupid, given how hot they've been and finishing 6th in a 14-team Power-5 conference.

Vandy 10-25 (40%) from three and 18-20 (90%) from the line. 

UK 6-25 (24%) from three and 11-20 (55%) from the line.

I feel like Cal's teams are always bad from the stripe. They out rebounded Vandy by 17 (43-26) and still lost.

Clutch shot up 4 with shot clock expiring by Vandy was a dagger to any UK hopes late in the game. They deserved to win. 

I'm hoping they make it but @Js1 is probably right about them needing to win the SECT. 

7 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Committee removed the “last 10 games” which discussing making the tournament and seeding. But they are human. 

I don’t think Vandy is in without winning the SECT. 

Yeah, their only quality non-conference win is Pitt, and they have a couple of bad losses (Grambling State and LSU). They need to beat Texas A&M tonight, but I'm not sure they need to win the whole thing. We'll see. Y'all are probably right though.

Edited by MuellerHorn