In-state Hate Scale

Sock Monkey

The TTU game this weekend has me wondering. How would everyone order the in-state football programs from most hated to least hated or most liked?

I'll take a stab at it.

Tier 1 (born to hate): Aggy

Tier 2 (grown to hate): Rapelor

Tier 3 (obnoxious): Toads

Tier 4 (meh at best to slightly annoying at worst unless we're playing them): Sand Aggy, Cougar High, SMU,

Tier 5 (might actually cheer for sometimes): UTSA, UTEP, RICE, North Texas, etc.

• Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

T1: aggy, TCU

T2: Baylor, Tech

Don't give a shit about the rest. 

Hate is such a strong word, though. I don't always hate everything associated with those schools. Those would be my general dislike tiers, though. 

Damn what’s up with the tcu hate? I would put those other 3 way above tcu, but that’s just me

41 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Damn what’s up with the tcu hate? I would put those other 3 way above tcu, but that’s just me

I'm a Texas and SMU fan so it's double pronged. Purely from a Texas standpoint I'd lump them in with Baylor and Tech (more like a tier below that, now that I think about it). 

41 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

I hate everything about Baylor.

Yeah I guess they just aren't as annoying as the other three for me. They lose points of course for being Baylor. 

Edited by ztejas

I frankly could not care less about TCU. They are way down the totem pole. Aggy and Baylor are definitely at top. Tech is a distant 3rd. Tech at least knows their place in the pecking order. Aggy pretends that they are on our level when in reality they are a distant second to us in both athletics and academics. 

• Hook 'Em 2

I have to put Baylor ahead of aggy.  Aggy is rarely competitive and they are just laughable dullards.  Whereas Baylor will jump up and bite our ass and then act all holier than though, being God's Team over the heathen horns.    Not just football, but roundball (both M and F) and baseball.

I have some very insufferable Baylor grads as relatives, and they are tons worse than aggy, in my opinion.  

TCU and Tech are further down the list of rivals.

Tier 1:  Baylor. This used to be exclusively aggy (born to that as well), but the fanbase’s enabling of Bliss and Briles, hell the whole culture of the school, alumni base, and atmosphere that led to them and the devastation they left in their wake, and that still is the culture, despite Bliss and Briles’ exile, elevated them to a true “hate” status. 
Tier 2: (generational dislike and ridicule) aggy and their fake army, stolen valor (claiming Carswell is disgusting stolen valor), thinly veiled racism and general idiocy. 
Tier 3:  (disdain): sand aggy. They used to be harmless, and I really like West Texas and the culture around there. But the Leach and Knight years gave rise to a generation of trashy drunk, irrationally obnoxious fans. 

Tier 4: (pity): SMU

Tier 5: (neutral, except on game day):  UT (sorry, I’m a multigeneration undergrad Frog, despite paying grad school tuition to UT).

Tier 5: (indifference): UH, UTEP, UTSA, SHSU, etc. 

Tier 6: (affection): TCU, UMHB, ACU.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

I hate aggy 105 out of 100.  Self explanatory.

Baylor- rape. accountability.  Murder.  Rape.

UH- delusions of grandeur. Completely overvalued by self.

TCU-pesky

I don't like the "we are the Jonesey" motherfuckers in the UT crowd, but overall, I appreciate the flagship state U.  Love to beat y'all, especially in hoops and baseball where we are more competitive.  Texas fan doesn't have to spend the first 15 minutes we meet convincing me how fucking great it is to be a Horn.

Pretty kosher with the rest.

Baylor is top for me. Fuck that entire “university.” It’s not particularly close.

A&M is the only other program with any negative reaction, but I wouldn’t say I hate them. There’s a lot of passion that goes into hate. I grew up in DFW with Sooners everywhere and genuinely can’t stand OU. Not the same with aggy. Maybe loathe, but they’re also kind of entertaining. Perhaps this changes when the series resumes; beating OU is way more satisfying, but losing to those insufferable weirdos would not be enjoyable at all.

I don’t really have any negative feelings toward any of the others. Lubbock is a dump but Tech is fine. TCU is fine, it was fun to watch them do more with less at their peak. Too young to care about UH or SMU. Hope UTSA and UTEP do well.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, OB3 said:

Live in or visit Fort Worth for 5 days and you will hate TCU. Nothing but turds.

They wonder why Fort Worth won't support their school. The city would, if TCU kids quit being let out in public 

15 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

A&M is the only other program with any negative reaction, but I wouldn’t say I hate them.

I didn't hate them until they lied their way out of the conference and pointed the finger at Texas the entire time. 

Everyone associated with that sham of a university can rot in hell. 

Just now, Deej said:

I didn't hate them until they lied their way out of the conference and pointed the finger at Texas the entire time. 

Everyone associated with that sham of a university can rot in hell. 

yeah-thats-it-derrick-boner.gif

5 minutes ago, DFW Horn said:

Stop

Not everyone who supports or attended BU is a rape enabler.

The school and athletic community damned sure looked the other way longer than I would have liked from my own perspective.

They sold out for athletic glory and a 'winning 'culture.  

Now does that apply to the current students?  nah.  But fuck Baylor anyway...even if they say no.

Edited by slorch

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

(Also the worst, most self-righteous away fans and far and away the worst tailgaters. Fucking BYU parties harder and is more social.)

Well, since I have family who went to BU I'll agree their tailgates suck. But, none of them support Briles or the rape cover-up.

The answer is Aggy and it isn’t close.

Also hate TCU. Annoying rich kids are annoying.

I’m not a big ACU fan for a variety of reasons. Them beating us in the tourney was a low point in sports for me.

I like Tech. Always loved them putting it to Aggy. Have a bunch of Tech relatives and am from the panhandle. I also like the hoops rivalry with them that has developed. They HATE us for taking Beard.  When we go to the SEC, I hope they find a good home.

I also like Rice and their antics.

• Hook 'Em 2

I hate the dumb schools the most... talentless hacks who think they deserve to play alongside the horns... fuck them. So the UTSAs, UH, UTEP, SHSA, Tech...

I can at least respect TCU and SMU for having money...

A&M is a pain in the ass little brother, but they are the closest to being on par with Texas... and say what you will, the RELLIS campus is pretty fucking cool, but they are becoming a diploma mill.. so long-term, idk.

Baylor, I have no opinion about. They make good doctors so I'm cool with that.

1 hour ago, Sock Monkey said:

The TTU game this weekend has me wondering. How would everyone order the in-state football programs from most hated to least hated or most liked?

I'll take a stab at it.

Tier 1 (born to hate): Aggy

Tier 2 (grown to hate): Rapelor

Tier 3 (obnoxious): Toads

Tier 4 (meh at best to slightly annoying at worst unless we're playing them): Sand Aggy, Cougar High, SMU,

Tier 5 (might actually cheer for sometimes): UTSA, UTEP, RICE, North Texas, etc.

This is the dumbest fucking OP ever. 

29 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You have to like Rice. They're like the special-ed basketball manager that gets to play in the last game of the season.

Yeah, gotta love Rice, especially their clowning of aggy. And decent football ancient history (kinda like aggy). And good baseball. And Coach Heisman. And “Why does Rice play Texas?”

• Hook 'Em 1