In-state Hate Scale

Sock Monkey

1 hour ago, Sock Monkey said:

The TTU game this weekend has me wondering. How would everyone order the in-state football programs from most hated to least hated or most liked?

I'll take a stab at it.

Tier 1 (born to hate): Aggy

Tier 2 (grown to hate): Rapelor

Tier 3 (obnoxious): Toads

Tier 4 (meh at best to slightly annoying at worst unless we're playing them): Sand Aggy, Cougar High, SMU,

Tier 5 (might actually cheer for sometimes): UTSA, UTEP, RICE, North Texas, etc.

I'd swap the Toads with Cougar High and we're good 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Eggo said:

I hate everything about A&M including its students and fans. I hate every other school's obsession with creating a rivalry with Texas out of thin air, but I really don't think much about them otherwise. 

Funny I had a conversation with a Sooner today where we admitted our two schools probably have quite a bit in common and we also agreed that everything about aggy is a freak show 

41 minutes ago, ChickenNuggets said:

I hate the dumb schools the most... talentless hacks who think they deserve to play alongside the horns... fuck them. So the UTSAs, UH, UTEP, SHSA, Tech...

I can at least respect TCU and SMU for having money...

A&M is a pain in the ass little brother, but they are the closest to being on par with Texas... and say what you will, the RELLIS campus is pretty fucking cool, but they are becoming a diploma mill.. so long-term, idk.

Baylor, I have no opinion about. They make good doctors so I'm cool with that.

You realize Baylor University has no affiliation with Baylor med school right?

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

25 minutes ago, texasdago said:

Funny I had a conversation with a Sooner today where we admitted our two schools probably have quite a bit in common and we also agreed that everything about aggy is a freak show 

Tell me how UT and OU are similar. I'll wait. 

1. Baylor because they are quite literally a cancer in our state that needs to be eradicated. How many Bear mascots do we need in collegiate sports?

2. aggy just because they lie about everything and are an embarrassment to our state, they only care about College Station and ignore their others campuses.

3. cougar high because of bleachergate, because they blocked our UT-Houston campus, because they whine constantly about how everything is unfair but do very little to help themselves. UH-Clear Lake with a direct line into NASA has been virtually ignored. How many cougar mascots do we need in collegiate sports?

4. Not really hate, just annoying mostly -Tech/TCU. Tech just for 2008, batteries, and whining, TCU for kicking our ass since joining the Big 12.

5. SMU for ruining the SWC even if it was likely doomed thanks to TV.

6. UNT/Texas State just because I don’t know where to put them.

7. UTSA/UTEP UT system schools, no hate.

10. Rice our closest academic peer, “Why does Rice play Texas”

• Hook 'Em 3

27 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

1. Baylor because they are quite literally a cancer in our state that needs to be eradicated. How many Bear mascots do we need in collegiate sports?

2. aggy just because they lie about everything and are an embarrassment to our state, they only care about College Station and ignore their others campuses.

3. cougar high because of bleachergate, because they blocked our UT-Houston campus, because they whine constantly about how everything is unfair but do very little to help themselves. UH-Clear Lake with a direct line into NASA has been virtually ignored. How many cougar mascots do we need in collegiate sports?

4. Not really hate, just annoying mostly -Tech/TCU. Tech just for 2008, batteries, and whining, TCU for kicking our ass since joining the Big 12.

5. SMU for ruining the SWC even if it was likely doomed thanks to TV.

6. UNT/Texas State just because I don’t know where to put them.

7. UTSA/UTEP UT system schools, no hate.

10. Rice our closest academic peer, “Why does Rice play Texas”

There's about $10B planned MD Anderson expansions and new buildings in Houston. Cougar high ain't doing shit.

Fuck UH in the goat ass. Those fuckers deserve whatever bad karma falls on them.  I hate them as much as I still hate MLB for the 1994 strike that cancelled the World Series.  I laugh at aggy.  I hope UH gets washed away in the next hurricane and I hope MLB ceases to exist.

Fuck UH in the goat ass. Those fuckers deserve whatever bad karma falls on them.  I hate them as much as I still hate MLB for the 1994 strike that cancelled the World Series.  I laugh at aggy.  I hope UH gets washed away in the next hurricane and I hope MLB ceases to exist.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

As long as Galveston remains 😉

GalvestonOldRed-HERO.jpg

UTMB.png

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

There's about $10B planned MD Anderson expansions and new buildings in Houston. Cougar high ain't doing shit.

They ain’t blocking anything medical. UT has more sway in Houston in the medical arena than UH has period, and we were still unable to open even a token non medical research campus 

1 hour ago, ChickenNuggets said:

Fuck it.. it used to be... 

it’s sort of like UNiversity of Texas Southwestern med school in Dallas, with no affiliation to Southwestern University, but also never had any affiliation with that school in Georgetown. At least Baylor can claim the med school broke off. I think Baylor Hospital in Dallas (which is not Baylor med, which is located in Houston) is actually part of the aggy system now? We need to rename all the med schools.

28 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

That triple post is the fault of all of the ass sniffing alums of that junior college.

As a somewhat shameful MSc degree recipient from cougar high, I concur wholeheartedly. What a strange bunch they are. And by strange, I mean they fucking suck.

Got my BS and BA on the 40 so it cancels it out or some shit. Besides, grad school doesn’t really count unless your pre-med like greenspoint.

1: aggy - the fake military school is the 2nd worst thing in Texas (1st is CR so I’ll refrain)
2) SHSU - fuck the clown college on death row 
3) Baylor - cause institutional rape is bad 
4) ACu - it’s a mini cult who thinks they are the best at everything and anointed by god 
5) Texas Tech - just sad people out there 

The rest I am entirely indifferent too 

4 hours ago, Sock Monkey said:

The TTU game this weekend has me wondering. How would everyone order the in-state football programs from most hated to least hated or most liked?

I'll take a stab at it.

Tier 1 (born to hate): Aggy

Tier 2 (grown to hate): Rapelor

Tier 3 (obnoxious): Toads

Tier 4 (meh at best to slightly annoying at worst unless we're playing them): Sand Aggy, Cougar High, SMU,

Tier 5 (might actually cheer for sometimes): UTSA, UTEP, RICE, North Texas, etc.

aggy. /thread 

All the others have hyper regional fanbases and nobody gives a shit about them statewide. 

Honorable mention to Coug High for chasing Bleachergate with McRavengate. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, texasdago said:

I have similar conversations with a Sooner friend who hates Nebraska. A mutual friend of ours is a Husker, and he thinks I share his hate of the Sooners. Saturday was like juggling multiple girlfriends that I don’t even really like that much.

The Husker was posting about reigniting the biggest rivalry in CFB, and I told the Sooner that he sounded like aggy who doesn’t know or accept their place in the rivalry pecking order. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor
I can’t spel

Speaking of rivals, can someone here link the survey from 10+ years ago that listed each school’s biggest rival. Most schools had one school that considered them their biggest rival, a few had two, but Texas had something like seven. A fairly recent Mathew McConaughey interview was the last time I heard it mentioned.

• Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

Speaking of rivals, can someone here link the survey from 10+ years ago that listed each school’s biggest rival. Most schools had one school that considered them their biggest rival, a few had two, but Texas had something like seven. A fairly recent Mathew McConaughey interview was the last time I heard it mentioned.

http://www.sportrivalry.com/research-on-rivalry/rivalry-in-ncaa-athletics/

Rivals to Most Teams

Rank Team Number of Rivals
1. Texas Longhorns 11
2. Duke Blue Devils 7
  Michigan Wolverines 7
  Ohio State Buckeyes 7
  Penn State Nittany Lions 7
6. Georgia Bulldogs 6
  Iowa Hawkeyes 6
  Nebraska Cornhuskers 6
  USC Trojans 6
10. Alabama Crimson Tide 5
  Kentucky Wildcats 5
  Michigan State Spartans 5
  North Carolina Tar Heels 5
  Notre Dame Fighting Irish 5
  Oklahoma Sooners 5
  Wisconsin Badgers 5

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2

Baylor is evil. They’ll burn your house down to cover up football players raping your daughters and basketball players murdering your sons. They’ll call your daughters sluts for putting themselves in that situation while slandering your dead sons as drug dealers who brought it upon themselves.

Aggy is stupid. They’ll burn your house down simply because it’s burnt orange using a massive pile of wood. They’ll build the pile recklessly in the name of tradition while wearing stupid clothes and chanting stupid yells. They just end up hurting themselves before lighting anything on fire. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

Absolutely hate aggy. Hate Houston because of their President(back when I interned for their athletics department the bitch said she fires coaches that go 8-4 and I told her that she needs to accept the fact that UH is a ride the median type of program at best) and I can't stand Dana Holgorsen. 

Never used to hate Baylor until their sex scandals. In the 90s and 2000s I felt sorry for them since they were the punching bag of the conference.

Have some hate towards TCU because whenever they beat us they become the most obnoxious and mouthiest fans. However, they make excuses when we beat them. 

Tech hates us, but I don't hate them unless we play them. 

I don't mind SMU. Nice to see them finally good again without cheating. 

Rice I can't really hate. No reason to unless this was the 1950s and Jess Neely was still their HC. Rice knows they're a cupcake and their fans are friendly. Only thing I hate is that we play them at fucking NRG Stadium whenever they're the home team. Fuck that. I'd rather play at Rice Stadium.  

North Texas, Texas State, UTSA, UTEP = don't give a shit. 

Fuck Baylor. Past, present, and future, fuck Baylor. Fuck their enablers and fuck their equivocators. The best you can say of Baylor is that some of their fans and students chose poorly.

The rest of the bunch can be considered within the context of sports, and, meh. Outside of sports, Rice is due respect.

Fuck Baylor

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, TKthunder2 said:

Thanks for the response. This looks like a different one than MM was talking about which simply asked which team each school considers their single biggest rival. This newer one one seems to ask for all the traditional rivalries, not just the primary one.

In the one MM mentioned, Texas and OU named each other, while probably OSU and NU both named OU. Texas was even Arkisaw’s biggest rival 20-ish years after we stopped playing them. Of course, most of the Texas schools named UT. 

Edited by ImissWallyPryor

Tier 1: Fucking Baylor. It’s not close. Rape, murder, cover ups.. All on the shoulders of fucking douchenozzle Grant Taeff, who coached his players to play dirty as fuck. He ordered his kickoff teams to take out kickers; he sent headhunters after Erxleben, Steve Little, etc and nearly ended a couple of their careers. The hate for Baylor, compared to the rest, is like comparing the size of the sun to Mercury. My old man, a good beer drinking Baptist, taught me you should root for every SWC team in OOC games as it was good for us when we beat them…except Baylor. Died hating Baylor and generally their alums, to his core. And their fans supported them thru all the murders and rape shit and blamed the victims until long after. Their denial of Briles now is lame PC shit. Fuck you Grant Taeff.

2.Aggie. They are clowntown compared to Baylor. Most of their shit is junior high level that’s just sometimes out of hand. out of hand. My hate of them is usually more targeted to specific turds in their punch bowl like Manziel, Emory Ballard, and Jimbo. I will admit I like watching that band drill and have faith their ag labs will develop a strain of weed akin to a Texas 1015 onion.

3. The rest mostly live in a nebulous part of my brain of nothingness except when they play out of state teams and I’ll hope they win.

4. TCU. I have some small affection here as my old man went there. A lot of respect for what Patterson did for the program.

12 hours ago, conVINCEd said:

My small subset of interactions with Baylor people would make me inclined to disagree with you.

My wife’s bestest is a Baylor alum who follows their sports. She had no idea what I was talking about when I expressed my “sympathy” over what Art Brides’ reign of terror was doing to sully their image. She was totally unaware of it, so that tells me that they don’t consider rape to be a sport.  

11 hours ago, Eggo said:

Tell me how UT and OU are similar. I'll wait. 

Well, let's put it this way... their more "normal" alumni base and our more "normal" alumni base are very similar... personalities, habits, etc.  Honestly... almost interchangeable.

We both have good overall athletic programs.  We may hate OU but you have to respect their overall success in athletics, especially football, whereas someone like aggy has no historic basis to act cocky in football, much less anything else.  At least OU can point to trophies... yes, even if more than "some" were acquired through cheating.  

Academically, it's not even close... and while we have our fair share of mouthbreather fans (just go look at the comment sections on FB/Twitter for the AAS, 247, etc... average fans are idiots), they have drastically more and when they mouth breathe, the whistle through their missing teeth.

Edited by texasdago

12 minutes ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My wife’s bestest is a Baylor alum who follows their sports. She had no idea what I was talking about when I expressed my “sympathy” over what Art Brides’ reign of terror was doing to sully their image. She was totally unaware of it, so that tells me that they don’t consider rape to be a sport.  

We have a neighbor who is a Baylor fan... wears Baylor shirts probably 50% of the time... no lie.  Worse than an aggy.  He's surrounded by Longhorns who constantly remind him of their rapey heritage.

1. aggy.  I think those of us over 40 tend to hate aggy a lot more than the younger generation because we remember when they were consistently pretty good (while cheating) and overwhelmingly obnoxious about it.  Fuck aggy.

2. Tie: Baylor, Tech, U of H, TCU.  None will be missed.  But I hope we keep them in the rotation for regular ass kickings at basketball and baseball, to remind them of who they are.

13 hours ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

When I was at Texas ('88 - '91) I never would have imagined the answer to this question wouldn't have been anything but aggy #1 and don't give a shit about the rest.

But I'll be damned if Baylor hasn't earned the right to take the top spot. Look, aggy is an eternal fuck up for a reason. But they're just that: a fuck up. They're easy to laugh at and they sure as shit give us plenty of reasons to laugh on a daily basis.

But Baylor's not just dirty, they're fucking immoral. They openly supported the violation of women and ruination of their lives in order to win. Fuck them until the end of time. I hope the next round of realignment forces them into some shit conference where they wither and die.

I’m surprised you don’t have more hate for UofH given that time frame. The beat downs they gave us in 87-89 really made them public enemy #2 behind the Aggies in my formative years. Similarly, I couldn’t care less about TCU because as shitty as we were those years, we’d always beat them. 

Edited by Duane Moore
To be clear, Baylor has surpassed Cougar High for me, but I still harbor vestigial resentment of them.

Tier 1 - aggy and Baylor - Both are self-explanatory

Tier 2 - Cougar high - Tilman Fertitta can get bent, Bleachergate will never be forgotten, their resistance to UT-Houston was moronic

*BIG GAP*

Tier 3 - TCU - for their annoying baseball fans alone.  They get some credit for hot cheerleaders/dance crew

*BIG GAP*

Tier 4 - Tceh - Their attempted "power moves" in the legislature to stop the move to the SEC, public mewling about going back on our "agreement", trailer trash treatment of Coach Beard and the basketball team - all partially offset by the smoking hottest coed base in the state

Nobody else in the state registers on the hate scale.

1 minute ago, tokamak said:

How is there any answer to this other than Baylor? Fuck Baylor. Fuck the entire Briles family. Fuck their administration. Fuck their shitty, rape-apologist fans. Fuck their garbage-ass city.

I remember watching this game on TV... it was awful... awful.  That and being there for the Grant Teaff Bowl in Waco in 1992.  Really can't stand Baylor.

https://stats.texassports.com/custompages/sports/m-footbl/archive/stats/89/ut-bu.htm

Tier Omni: Baylor

Tier II: Everyone else

I don't think the modern horn sports fan gives a shit about aggy anymore.  It's a glorified trade school that enjoyed like 3 years of relevance in sports a quarter century ago.  Our standing is so vastly different it's like saying Ford is really nervous about some dude building go carts in his backyard in El Paso.