In-state Hate Scale

Sock Monkey

Not rankings just how I feel:

aggy - pity.  I've rarely met a normal aggy fan.  They are deluded and proud of it.  Little grasp on reality and it carries over into non-school non-football things as well.  Our company has interned a few engineer and CSM students and never hired a single one.  I know a couple of millenial generation who played football there.  They don't go back and loathe A&M more than most of you.

Baylor - generally despise with mixed feelings.  I was very close friends with a prominent Baylor alum during the rape scandal.  He has a direct line to the board.  He doesn’t share details but assures everyone who asks that it was far worse than reported or imagined. He was shocked and pissed off by it before anyone else.  The Baylor fans who I know are decent people and I have watched many a CFB game with Baylor folk.  But it's really hard to overcome murder and rape coverups.

Tech - I'm indifferent towards.  They are in the same state, but might as well be OSU/KSU/ISU as far as I'm concerned.  It's fun to watch the game with a Tech buddy.  A lot of my extended family is Tech, but not really fans.  Behind Texas, Tech coworkers and work relationships are solid.

TCU - I have mad respect for how they built up their althetics program in a relatively short time.  Happy to have CDC and now Patterson on our side.  When I lived in FtW my neighborhood had Arkansas, Bama, Mizzou, VT, and Purdue fans.  They all had TCU season tickets and would watch their teams play from the tailgate before slipping purple on to go to the stadium.  Probably because I lived in FtW, but best people I know are TCU fans.

UH was shitty on bleacher gate.  I don't think much of them outside of that.

Rice - disappointment.  I understand their priorities but wish they'd invest more in athletics and football.  I would like to bring the rivalry back, but it's hard to really want it with the direction they've gone.

I have no cares for anyone else.  ACU and SFA are cool as lower division schools, but that's a completely different scale.

Edited by JBJ
  • Hook 'Em 2

1- Aggy and it's not even really close.  Imagine being hated more than the bible thumping, holier than thou murderes/rapists in Waco?

2- Baylor/Briles/Bliss/Drew/Jesus-  The fact they have cheated,murdered, raped their way to relevancy in Football and Basketball is insane to me.

I guess Tech would be a distant 3rd only because of 08 and they seemingly always beat us when I was in school (early/mid 90's)

Nobody else really registers.

I know UH gets hate here, and probably rightfully so, but my dad was a prof there so I grew up going to their games at the Dome in the 80's, so I have a soft spot for them.  

1 hour ago, ImissWallyPryor said:

My wife’s bestest is a Baylor alum who follows their sports. She had no idea what I was talking about when I expressed my “sympathy” over what Art Brides’ reign of terror was doing to sully their image. She was totally unaware of it, so that tells me that they don’t consider rape to be a sport.  

Tell your wife’s friend about the time Baylor held a pep rally with Bill Cosby to boost morale just one month after Patrick Dennehy’s body was found and Coach Bliss was caught on tape instructing his players to say Dennehy was a drug dealer to cover up NCAA violations. 

9FA53877-1910-4259-8F6B-31CB82FF5801.png.ddb691ca6303b8ad9ccd9a4858919969.png

• Rage+1 2

1.  Aggy - no explanation needed

2.  Baylor - cover ups of rape and murder in football and basketball, plus the really shady recruiting of Drew and Briles as well.

3.  UT & TCU - because of DeLoss Dodds and CDC pushing TCU onto the Big 12.  Fuck them both for that bullshit.  TCU should never, ever, ever have been invited to the Big 12.  I know this opinion isn't well-received here, but Dodds owns a lot of the responsibility for the demise of the Big 12.  He had puppet commissioners who were incompetent boobs that did his bidding.  I am not blaming him directly for Nebraska, CU, Aggy, and Mizzou leaving...I'm blaming him indirectly because we had incompetent conference leadership that were basically his hand-picked boys.  We should have taken Louisville with WVU, not TCU.  Unforgiveable.

4. Texas Lutheran - because they are ELCA, and I'm an LCMS guy (go Concordia!)

Hate is reserved for OU because it's a fucking Rivalry.  A&M is more a blend of laughter and amusement 90% of the time.  Hate just isn't there with them for me.  I do now hate on LSU, after the fake fucking cramping to use as Defensive timeouts, and then lying about the A/C.

TCU has only kicked us when we are down, so I don't have a level of hate for them yet.  Beat us this year, and I am probably there.

Tech is a team I have always rooted for except when playing us.  But this week they are Tortilla Tossing MoFo's.  I have never been to a game in Lubbock.. because... well Lubbock. But they are a feisty lot, and I might dislike them if I traveled there and was "welcomed" with hate.

Rice is also a school I always root for, because of academics for the Athletes.  Plus the fucking MOB!  Only half-time shows I have ever truly anticipated!

2 hours ago, JBJ said:

Not rankings just how I feel:

aggy - pity.  I've rarely met a normal aggy fan.  They are deluded and proud of it.  Little grasp on reality and it carries over into non-school non-football things as well.  Our company has interned a few engineer and CSM students and never hired a single one.  I know a couple of millenial generation who played football there.  They don't go back and loathe A&M more than most of you.

Baylor - generally despise with mixed feelings.  I was very close friends with a prominent Baylor alum during the rape scandal.  He has a direct line to the board.  He doesn’t share details but assures everyone who asks that it was far worse than reported or imagined. He was shocked and pissed off by it before anyone else.  The Baylor fans who I know are decent people and I have watched many a CFB game with Baylor folk.  But it's really hard to overcome murder and rape coverups.

Tech - I'm indifferent towards.  They are in the same state, but might as well be OSU/KSU/ISU as far as I'm concerned.  It's fun to watch the game with a Tech buddy.  A lot of my extended family is Tech, but not really fans.  Behind Texas, Tech coworkers and work relationships are solid.

TCU - I have mad respect for how they built up their althetics program in a relatively short time.  Happy to have CDC and now Patterson on our side.  When I lived in FtW my neighborhood had Arkansas, Bama, Mizzou, VT, and Purdue fans.  They all had TCU season tickets and would watch their teams play from the tailgate before slipping purple on to go to the stadium.  Probably because I lived in FtW, but best people I know are TCU fans.

UH was shitty on bleacher gate.  I don't think much of them outside of that.

Rice - disappointment.  I understand their priorities but wish they'd invest more in athletics and football.  I would like to bring the rivalry back, but it's hard to really want it with the direction they've gone.

I have no cares for anyone else.  ACU and SFA are cool as lower division schools, but that's a completely different scale.

Yeah.  Aggy isn't hate.  Its pity.  Poooor aggies.

I have Baylor friends.  They're pretty embarrassed about the whole thing, so I can't feel bad about Baylor even though they tended to rape us in Waco from 74-94 until Teaff retired.  Refs joined in a little bit.

Tech-they throw tortillas, wasting good food.  You have to hate that.

UH-obnoxious cousin with creaky bleachers in their house.

SMU is actually the one I hate most.  Buying players and getting caught lead to the end of the SWC and hurt our recruiting for over a decade.  And left us with McWilliams and Mackovic.

TCU and Rice are basically positive.

1 hour ago, Uncle Nate said:

1.  Aggy - no explanation needed

2.  Baylor - cover ups of rape and murder in football and basketball, plus the really shady recruiting of Drew and Briles as well.

3.  UT & TCU - because of DeLoss Dodds and CDC pushing TCU onto the Big 12.  Fuck them both for that bullshit.  TCU should never, ever, ever have been invited to the Big 12.  I know this opinion isn't well-received here, but Dodds owns a lot of the responsibility for the demise of the Big 12.  He had puppet commissioners who were incompetent boobs that did his bidding.  I am not blaming him directly for Nebraska, CU, Aggy, and Mizzou leaving...I'm blaming him indirectly because we had incompetent conference leadership that were basically his hand-picked boys.  We should have taken Louisville with WVU, not TCU.  Unforgiveable.

4. Texas Lutheran - because they are ELCA, and I'm an LCMS guy (go Concordia!)

Should have taken TCU to the Big 12 to begin with. I can't imagine TTU accomplishing what TCU did in order to be worthy of being brought into the Big 12 at a later date considering TTU hasn't accomplished jack shit outside of Beard (whom y'all now hate) & a few nice baseball seasons in your entire stint in the Big 12 & SWC. Seriously, TTU's inflated view of its (lack) of accomplishments & general desirableness is astounding. The quote from Campbell last week or whenever about UT being scared is the mindset of almost every TTU fan you will bump into (which isn't often if you're not in Lubbock). TTU has finished worse than .500 in football 22 times as members of the SWC/BIG12 & has a losing record in the Big 12 FOR 12 STRAIGHT YEARS. Literally no one is scared of you. No one cares about you.  If it weren't for scheduling behemoths the likes of North TX, Murray St., & that ilk TTU would probably have as many losing season as they do winning seasons by now. Deloss didn't ruin your free meal ticket, you ruined it by sucking & adding almost nothing of value to the conference. The only difference between TTU & a&m is that TTU isn't a cult & a&m has actually won something significant in the last 100 years.

• Hook 'Em 1

1) Ousux--- because their roster is basically made of Texas high school talent...  by default they are Texan and part of the state

2) Baylor- many of the reasons listed 

3) aggy-   I really don't hate them as much as I hate ousux and Arky.     I have relatives and close friends that went to aggy, so it's really hard to hate them on a personal level.   I just get sick and tired of them making such a big deal about their traditions when the record is more L's and W's as far as overall seasons go.  In other words a lot of hat and no cattle.

4)  Tech-  we will probably see why this Saturday

5) SMU-  bunch of rich spoiled brats.

37 minutes ago, hook me said:

Should have taken TCU to the Big 12 to begin with. I can't imagine TTU accomplishing what TCU did in order to be worthy of being brought into the Big 12 at a later date considering TTU hasn't accomplished jack shit outside of Beard (whom y'all now hate) & a few nice baseball seasons in your entire stint in the Big 12 & SWC. Seriously, TTU's inflated view of its (lack) of accomplishments & general desirableness is astounding. The quote from Campbell last week or whenever about UT being scared is the mindset of almost every TTU fan you will bump into (which isn't often if you're not in Lubbock). TTU has finished worse than .500 in football 22 times as members of the SWC/BIG12 & has a losing record in the Big 12 FOR 12 STRAIGHT YEARS. Literally no one is scared of you. No one cares about you.  If it weren't for scheduling behemoths the likes of North TX, Murray St., & that ilk TTU would probably have as many losing season as they do winning seasons by now. Deloss didn't ruin your free meal ticket, you ruined it by sucking & adding almost nothing of value to the conference. The only difference between TTU & a&m is that TTU isn't a cult & a&m has actually won something significant in the last 100 years.

Show me on the doll where TTU touched you.

• Haha 1

Tier 1 (born to hate): Aggy

Tier 2 (grown to hate): nobody - need separation for aggy

Tier 3 (obnoxious): Baylor

Tier 4 (meh at best to slightly annoying at worst unless we're playing them): Sand Aggy, Cougar High, TCU

Tier 5 (might actually cheer for sometimes): SMU, UTSA, UTEP, RICE, North Texas, etc.

6 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

1) Ousux--- because their roster is basically made of Texas high school talent...  by default they are Texan and part of the state

2) Baylor- many of the reasons listed 

3) aggy-   I really don't hate them as much as I hate ousux and Arky.     I have relatives and close friends that went to aggy, so it's really hard to hate them on a personal level.   I just get sick and tired of them making such a big deal about their traditions when the record is more L's and W's as far as overall seasons go.  In other words a lot of hat and no cattle.

4)  Tech-  we will probably see why this Saturday

5) SMU-  bunch of rich spoiled brats.

The fuck they are.

On 9/20/2022 at 8:59 PM, justhookit said:

You realize Baylor University has no affiliation with Baylor med school right?

My sister (UT undergrad) went to BCM. When I want to get under her skin (after all, I am her little brother), I ask her why they’re still using the Baylor name since the split was almost 60 years ago.