I want my MACtion!

ButtFumble

16 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Yea I don’t know why they seem to have cut back on the MACtion the last couple years.  Those games use to be gimmie over bets back in the day.  

I tried ghost betting on MAC games for a couple years and always got my ass handed to me. So, I never placed real bets and probably never will.

17 hours ago, cmontexas said:

I think typically it starts towards midseason when conference play is in full swing

I think it is after baseball is done - MACtion fills the mid-week sports void
November 1 & 2 are the first MACtion games this year and it runs for only 4 weeks. Ending with a Tuesday game on Thanksgiving week

20 hours ago, ButtFumble said:

WTF MAC Conference you have one fucking job and that is put college football on TV as many nights as possible

it is Tuesday night....HELLO where the fuck are you MACtion?

and where and the fuck are you tomorrow night as well?

I am going to send a complaint letter to someone and start one of those bullshit signature things online to get some damn college football on TV!

I noticed the same thing and already sent a complaint.  For your convenience the info is as follows:

Mid-American Conference
Attn: Jon Steinbrecher, Commissioner
c/o Taco Bell Manager's Office
231 W. Main St
Xenia, OH 45385

Note that your complaint *must* arrive only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, or Fridays.  

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Tuesday night game schedules are probably a nightmare.  They don't turn around and play again Saturday do they? If they do that's partially insane. Or playing a Tuesday right after a Saturday game.

Who the fuck cares. MACtion is for the gambling degenerates, not for the kids. Actually my guess is the entire conference switches to the mid week games so that you're either playing tuesday or wednesday

Edited by Blotto
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Butch Had Not said:

Tuesday night game schedules are probably a nightmare.  They don't turn around and play again Saturday do they? If they do that's partially insane. Or playing a Tuesday right after a Saturday game.

I think they schedule them around bye weeks. At least that's what I assume. I've never cared enough to actually check. 

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, HornOnTheBayou said:

I think they schedule them around bye weeks. At least that's what I assume. I've never cared enough to actually check. 

This is what I assumed. Previous game was on the Saturday a week before and then they have 10 days off before the next one. 

Edited by Bobby_Batronic

MAC football is great. MACtion gives them a chance for exposure that they wouldn’t get on Saturday. They’ll put some players into the draft every year so it’s not like they have no talent. I remember Khalil Mack tearing things up at Buffalo. Ben Roethlisberger played at Miami. Marshall was in the MAC when Byron Leftwich played there.

Sure, they’re not as loaded top-to-bottom with the talent of the bigger programs but as long as there’s parity then you can see good, competitive football. You’ll miss some exciting games if you never tune in.

Make a note: keep an eye on Toledo sophomore QB Dequan Finn. He’s dynamic. 

• Hook 'Em 1

From several things I’ve read elsewhere, while the Tuesday and Wednesday games are fun and provide exposure for the conference, they’re a major drag on game attendance.  Alumni aren’t making the drive to a weeknight game and students may choose to study if they have a test or deadline the next day. Some of the schools have complained about this, leading to the package being limited to late-season games.

• 1 month later...
10 minutes ago, Hozz said:

I heard that starting last Thursday October 27th there was going to be at least one NFL or college game nationally televised for the next 27 days.  I guess this November Tuesday/Wednesday MAC slate is how that is possible.

Yup...

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

tonight could be like last night

one game that starts out a blowout and reverses and another game that is close for a while and then a blowout

Just now, AUS-97HORN said:

The Bowling Green band just played the original 1980s A Team theme... lol

helped them pick up a 4th and 9