Florida: Bitch, turn off the lights when you leave the room.

crash_davis

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/florida-man-kills-ex-wife-stepson-dispute-lights-left-house-rcna48698

A recently divorced Florida man fatally shot his ex-wife and her adult son in a “rage” over electricity and leaving the lights on in the house, Florida authorities said.

Michael D. Williams, 47, was arrested Sunday evening and charged with two counts of first-degree murder in the deaths of Marsha Ebanks-Williams, 48, and Robert Adams, 28, the Volusia Sheriff’s Office said.

Williams had called 911 just before 8 p.m. stating he shot the victims “in self-defense” at the DeLand home he still shared with Ebanks-Williams following their June divorce after 10 years of marriage, according to the sheriff’s office.

Williams told officials he shut off power to the house and locked the electrical panel and left on Sunday. But when he came back, he found Ebanks-Williams and Adams had cut the lock, restored power, and placed a new lock on the panel. 

"Michael was upset that he felt that they were leaving the lights on in the house and he went and put a lock on the box outside of the house, which Marsha and her son cut," Henderson said at a press conference Monday. "So he became upset and that started this argument which ultimately resulted in these two people being shot and killed."

Williams and Ebanks-Williams remained living together following their divorce with plans to eventually sell the home and split the proceeds, Henderson said.

But living together wasn't a smooth process. The sheriff's department had responded to at least five calls at the home in recent months regarding disputes over the property and their living arrangements — but none amounted to threats of violence. 

Henderson called the relationship "toxic" and revealed Ebanks-Williams had called the sheriff’s office just hours before the attack on Sunday looking for legal advice.

Williams has a criminal history including worthless checks, domestic violence, battery on a law enforcement officer and child abuse, Henderson said Monday.

Below is the hero who is protecting the integrity of the power grid.

420ce8d8fa0e595cda8cc2ba1fe575d8e21db535

• Hook 'Em 1

42 minutes ago, Wiler77 said:

[Chris Rock]  I'm not saying he should have killed her...but I understand[/Chris rock]

I got home from work yesterday and every light in the kitchen and living room was on, the fan was going on high, the TV was on, and no one was around. 

If I'm on this guy's jury, I'm willing to listen to his argument. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, crash_davis said:

Williams has a criminal history including worthless checks, domestic violence, battery on a law enforcement officer and child abuse, Henderson said Monday.

Two things:

1) The ratio of lights I have turned on to lights I have turned off in my house is probably 1 to 100. Per week.

2) Why did this POS have access to a gun, if all that is true?