Survivor 43

Chuckie Finster

• 2 weeks later...

If Vesi had taken care of the tribe weakness last week like they did this week, they probably would not have been at tribal this week, and Justine would still be in the game.  Being a good person is only going to get you so far in the early stages if there is no part of any challenge at which you are at least moderately competent.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

If Vesi had taken care of the tribe weakness last week like they did this week, they probably would not have been at tribal this week, and Justine would still be in the game.  Being a good person is only going to get you so far in the early stages if there is no part of any challenge at which you are at least moderately competent.  

These folks have a lifetime of watching the show and should understand the nuances of the game but seem to be clueless with some basic strategies. The first thing being don’t lose challenges; instead they vote out strengths instead of the weak. It’s idiocracy. Or maybe I just liked looking at Justine

14 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Seems like the producers perhaps underestimated how easy it would be to get beads from one’s tribemates.

I liked that better than the crazy statement deal of the last two seasons.  Kind of clever and it seemed to make them work.  I was surprised both got them in the end.  

15 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Seems like the producers perhaps underestimated how easy it would be to get beads from one’s tribemates.

Maybe it's just editing at tribal, but does Jeff every say "Well tribe, John Doe didn't lose his vote tonight since he wrangled a bead from each of you."?  Would kind of like to see that payoff.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 7:48 AM, idigTexas said:

This has been me the past several seasons, but eventually I have managed to find a rooting interest.  Give it a little more time.  

I  binged and caught up  over the last two days. I still mourn the loss of Justine. I knew the moment I saw her she would be gone quickly. They always are.  Otherwise, pretty good season so far. 

4 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

I still mourn the loss of Justine. I knew the moment I saw her she would be gone quickly. They always are.

That really has dragged down the show the last several seasons.  It used to be you could count on some lookers sticking around until late in the game.  

13 hours ago, speed817 said:

So Elie was denying digging around Gabler's bag.....wasn't she the one digging around in his bag???

2 hours ago, DanRydell said:

Jeanine was the one who actually went through his bag

if you're going to look into someone's bag, do it on your own. Including other people increases the chance you will be blamed, even if you were just standing there.

Edited by Nice Guy Eddie
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Lat22 said:

Ellie thought she was playing even better than she expected. Adios muchacha!

The one downside to being such a fan of this show is that the second they showed the "Actually, I'm even better at this game than I thought I would be!" confessional, I knew she would be going home last night.

• Hook 'Em 3

The one downside to being such a fan of this show is that the second they showed the "Actually, I'm even better at this game than I thought I would be!" confessional, I knew she would be going home last night.

I thought they were setting her up too much with the edit and that Jeanine was going to play the idol for her.

Gabler is going to end up being the idiot who gets to stick around because he can't possibly win, isn't he?  Ugh.  

Elie and Jeanine didn't appear to do a very good job of solidifying a Baka/Vesi alliance.  If Elie was going to through Cody's name out there as a misdirection, she probably should have cleared it with Cody.  

The original tribes are even in numbers now, but there is no way that Baka is voting as a block unless an obvious target emerges that the vast majority want gone.  

After making some early mistakes, Vesi actually seems to be the most solid from a tribe alliance standpoint.

Things will change, but at the beginning of merge, this is how I have the survivors grouped.

Winner is likely one of these:

• Cody
  • Jeanine
  • Owen
  • Sami
  • Karla

Could easily become a contender:

• Jesse
  • James

Has work to do:

• Noelle
  • Dwight
  • Cassidy

I don't see it:

• Gabler
  • Ryan

31 minutes ago, DanRydell said:

I didn’t hear Dwight’s name brought up at all. Did I miss something or was this just a terrible edit?

I think they mentioned it in passing.  The problem with this season is that the editing is only about all the twists/advantages and challenges.  I am completely lost on who's alligned with who and why and what the dynamics are.  It's just a group of random people with a bunch of random advantages.  

Haven’t watched this season live even though I’m a fan of the show. How is it?  I don’t want to scroll the thread for reviews for spoiler reasons. 

I’ve mostly enjoyed it but the editors and Jeff have been really focusing on trying to force sappy “inspirational” moments which has been pretty cringey.

12 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I didn’t hear Dwight’s name brought up at all. Did I miss something or was this just a terrible edit?

Right before TC, one of the guys who turned on him said he and the other turncoat were the swing votes.  So tonight, either James will go home or me & turncoat will flip on Dwight and he will go home.  I'm with Lemonlime and am completely confused by who is with who and what a lot of their names are.  

6 hours ago, DanRydell said:

I’ve mostly enjoyed it but the editors and Jeff have been really focusing on trying to force sappy “inspirational” moments which has been pretty cringey.

the past 2-3 seasons have been like that.  it is cringey.  the sappiness and heart sting manipulation is one thing, but he's also getting more blatant about tooting his own horn and playing up the show.

one thing though, that contradicts the diversity emphasis that has been not so subtle, the only two black girls were one of the first two voted out.   the only three guys that got votes last night were the only three black guys on the show.   

On 11/3/2022 at 7:11 AM, DanRydell said:

Yeah, really don't like that stuff.

I will say that the tangled net competition was new to me, and I thought that was awesome. I would have flipped out doing that.

1 hour ago, FirstTimeCaller said:

Yeah, really don't like that stuff.

I will say that the tangled net competition was new to me, and I thought that was awesome. I would have flipped out doing that.

Shit, I would have had a panic attack doing that.  Trapped in a tight space is not my idea of fun.  (Unless it is the right kind of tight space ifyouknowwhatimean)

• 4 weeks later...

Until they turn on him next week and vote him out because he made a big move the week before.  The highest blade of grass gets cut on the current iteration of survivor.  The days of one player or a small group orchestrating all the moves are mostly done I think. 

Edited by kevwun
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, LonghornSean said:

Pretty genius move from Jesse that puts him in the drivers seat with still having his own idol. Jury was clearly impressed.

Pretty brutal for Cody. But have to respect the move.

Jesse has definitely been playing, and it is really good of him to recognize the flaws in his game and to do something about it.  We'll so how he does now that he no longer has the biggest target to hide behind. 

It wasn't clear to me whether Jesse played Cody's idol or Jeanine's.  Did they show Cody giving him back the idol to hold?  If so, I missed it. 

31 minutes ago, kevwun said:

Until they turn on him next week and vote him out because he made a big move the week before.  The highest blade of grass gets cut on the current iteration of survivor.  The days of one player or a small group orchestrating all the moves are mostly done I think. 

He has an idol left (that he has to play next Tribal) so he's automatically in the final four.  He's one immunity or fire challenge win away from the Final Tribal.