Survivor 43

Chuckie Finster

In the post game interview, Cody said that Jesse planted the seed that Karla had the Knowledge is Power advantage and could potentially ask Cody and steal the idol. That, combined with his unwavering trust with Jesse, led to him giving the idol back. It’s dumb, but there is a logical train of thought that led to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Surprising that Cody couldn't envision the plan he proposed for Karla being turned on himself.

On 12/9/2022 at 1:57 PM, kevwun said:

Until they turn on him next week and vote him out because he made a big move the week before.  The highest blade of grass gets cut on the current iteration of survivor.  The days of one player or a small group orchestrating all the moves are mostly done I think. 

Probst's dumbass final four fire making challenge is a large driver of this.  You can't wait to spring your final move at the last minute any more.  All so we can watch a one on one fire making challenge which is right up there with competitive basket weaving as a good spectator sport.

Jesse really blew it at final five. He was too busy worrying about winning tribal and not nearly worried enough about getting to final tribal. The smart play was to let them vote for him, then play the idol and vote out whoever he considered to be the best at making fire (presumably Gabler).

I think Cass was probably in the driver’s seat but she really blew it at final tribal. She couldn’t even clearly and simply state that she weaponized Gabler to take Jesse out.

Oh well, hopefully Gabler winning means he never comes back so I never have to listen to him again.

Was a very good final tribal in terms of questions and answers.

I’m surprised the vote was as one-sided as it was in the end, but Owen really had no case and Gabler did well to adapt and move around throughout the stages of the game. Cassidy came on strong post-merge, mainly in challenges, but clearly Karla’s influence on her game proved to be impossible to break free from.

Season finished pretty strong, but the show has missed the true villains in the recent seasons IMO. Still love it though.

Perhaps the biggest flaw in the new-ish final 4 firemaking is that it completely neuters winning final immunity and somehow makes firemaking a greater accomplishment than both winning final immunity and in politicking your way into the final 3. The idea that it would have somehow been a stronger game move for Cass to give up the necklace and make fire against Jesse (thereby increasing Jesse’s chances of making the final 3) is fucking insane.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 hours ago, WBT said:

I don't get it.  From what the show gave us, Cassidy seemed the most deserving and Gabler seemed like he was being dragged along and would get no votes.

I don’t get it either because seemed like she earned it.  What Gabler did was awesome but wish he would have put CBS on the spot by asking Jeff if they will match his donation.

I don't get it.  From what the show gave us, Cassidy seemed the most deserving and Gabler seemed like he was being dragged along and would get no votes.

The last 9 seasons have made it clear that the jury is very easily distracted by the shiny object in front of them of winning fire making. Since that change was made, the fire making winner has won 5 times, the person who taken along by the final immunity winner has won 3, and the person who had immunity has won 1.
  • Rage+1 1

I finally got around to watching it last night.  Gabler sure was getting the "taken to the end because he can't win" edit.  Nice blindside of the audience.  It really helped that neither Owen nor Cassidy were overwhelmingly deserving, even if both reasonable well at tribal. 

I don't know what Jesse could have done differently.  Sucking both at challenges and making fire really diminished his chances to make final three.