Nashville - 50th Birthday

Rip76

I had an amazing meal at Husk last weekend. The Omni is really nice and right in the middle of everything. Broadway is an endless parade of party busses, tractors, pedal bars and all types of other contraptions filled with bachelorette parties screaming their twats off. Prepare yourself. Robert’s is still cool. 

It’s amazing that you could do a weekend in Manhattan for cheaper than Nashville at this point. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Oku is awesome. Great food…make reservation. Went on both of my last two visits in the last month. Jeff Ruby’s is delicious as well…a bit pricey but worth it IMO.Really cool bar and decor. Fantastic steaks and great sushi.

I usually stay at the Kimpton Aertson or the Lowes Vandy since I’m there to visit my youngest.

• Hook 'Em 1

417 Union does good breakfast. That’s the name of the restaurant, not the address. It’s a couple blocks off Broadway.  

The bars on Broadway are great when it’s 2 in the afternoon on a weekday and there’s some up-and-coming kid with a guitar singing all the cover songs you love and one or two of his own.  One of my favorite times down there was watching some dude play all the Johnny Cash tunes on a homemade electric cello that was all beat to shit and duct taped together.  Watching him shred on that thing and drinking $1 PBRs was a fun afternoon  

But during prime entertainment hours, Friday and Saturday nights, etc. it’s a complete shit show. It’s like dirty 6th but more crowded.  SEC frat boys, 50-something inbred couples on vacation from Alabama, and bro country douches with bedazzled jeans, and the street and sidewalks completely packed. 

Edited by Your Mom

2 hours ago, Your Mom said:

417 Union does good breakfast. That’s the name of the restaurant, not the address. It’s a couple blocks off Broadway.  

The bars on Broadway are great when it’s 2 in the afternoon on a weekday and there’s some up-and-coming kid with a guitar singing all the cover songs you love and one or two of his own.  One of my favorite times down there was watching some dude play all the Johnny Cash tunes on a homemade electric cello that was all beat to shit and duct taped together.  Watching him shred on that thing and drinking $1 PBRs was a fun afternoon  

But during prime entertainment hours, Friday and Saturday nights, etc. it’s a complete shit show. It’s like dirty 6th but more crowded.  SEC frat boys, 50-something inbred couples on vacation from Alabama, and bro country douches with bedazzled jeans, and the street and sidewalks completely packed. 

That's my experience exactly.  Well put. 

3 hours ago, Your Mom said:

9 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I had an amazing meal at Husk last weekend. The Omni is really nice and right in the middle of everything. Broadway is an endless parade of party busses, tractors, pedal bars and all types of other contraptions filled with bachelorette parties screaming their twats off. Prepare yourself. Robert’s is still cool. 

It’s amazing that you could do a weekend in Manhattan for cheaper than Nashville at this point. 

Endless and endless amount of girl/bachelorette parties.  Father in law lives in Franklin and we love Nashville but Broadway is VERY touristy, everyone hates the pedal booze things and the AirBnB's, etc.

7 hours ago, Your Mom said:

So basically go to New Orleans?

All depends on what you want to spend. Nashville is an expensive place to stay now. Westin and JW Marriott for downtown, Thompson for the Gulch area, Kimpton for the Division St bars are all super nice hotels in good areas. Bourbon Steak, any of the M street restaurants, Biscuit Love, Southern Steak, Skull’s Rainbow Room, Puckett’s and a long list of other good restaurants. Broadway is worth a visit, but one night is more than enough.

• Hook 'Em 1