The Amazing Race 34

Scraps

So I looked and couldn't find anything, may have missed it so if so delete thread ban user.

Anyway it started last night and there are some very unlikable teams....like the one that got eliminated.  

New this season so far:

- No non elimination legs which I like

-They did a "scramble" the first episode where they had 3 tasks to complete and could do them in any order.  I think I like this as well.  

Rex Ryan is up in this bitch!

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Oh great.  Like I need another show to watch.  House of Dragons, Lord of the Rings, Welcome to Wrexham, Kobra Kai, etc... I don't have time for all this....

... tuning in right now.

The Handmaid's Tale has started as well.  And if you haven't seen The Patient on Apple, it's really good too.  Sounded like you needed more on your plate.

• Like 1

The judging is so subjective on the tasks. On a couple occasions, the yodeling dude looked over to the TAR powers that be with a look like, “Do I go ahead and pass these fucks?” Then he’d get the ok, and present the yellow envelope. And the old asshole at the dancing comp judged tiny man/Big Woman way harsher than the later teams. The chunky blond who always screams who looks like she’s dating her brother was a total disaster, but was sent thru.

And I’ll never gat BB Derek’s attraction to Claire, especially not that she’s been proven to be a dumb ass. 

12 minutes ago, WBT said:

That 2nd episode was pretty bad.  Nothing but judged music/singing/dancing which is the least interesting kind of challenge they do.

And no grape stomping. 

And I’ll never gat BB Derek’s attraction to Claire, especially NOW that she’s been proven to be a dumb ass.

Fixed my mistake from above.

Holy shit, the mental midgets having breakdowns at little to no adversity is so enjoyable. At least Rainbow Brite bounced back, but if my partner became such a quitting bitch as Sharik, I'd leave her ass on the corner and finish the leg by myself. The good blessing to be picked, the time/effort/cost to prepare and participate, and you want to quit the first time the game is hard???? <Piven GTFO gif> Dad's no doubt played a part in developing her spoiled brat response, so fitting he'll have to suffer.

Shaping up to have a number of strong teams with no clear cut leaders. Don't know how you can root against the long-lost twins. That's just a fantastic story of the universe.

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Vito Andolini said:

Phil’s an Executive Producer. You know he wanted to scream at the daughter, “Do you know how many fucking people try out for this show?” Probst has kinda done it on Survivor, a “fuck you” to quitters.

Yeah, he looked pissed at the pit stop.  That girl is awful.

Puling for the brothers first, twins second.

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

Phil’s an Executive Producer. You know he wanted to scream at the daughter, “Do you know how many fucking people try out for this show?” Probst has kinda done it on Survivor, a “fuck you” to quitters.

He sure as hell did.  IIRC, he booted someone off the show so fast, they barely got to say "bye".

And, holy hell.  I have a daughter around the same age that would have kicked my ass all over Florence if I started whining.  Her father is an assistant principal.  You'd think he'd know how to deal with spoiled brats.

Also, Rainbow Brite (well done @Herpa Derpa) is going to murder that poor dude in his sleep.  She's now cried at least 6 times in 3 episodes and she's supposed to be a motivational speaker.

21 hours ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Also, Rainbow Brite (well done @Herpa Derpa) is going to murder that poor dude in his sleep.  She's now cried at least 6 times in 3 episodes and she's supposed to be a motivational speaker.

I am sure that this will do wonders for her bookings...

"If you have doubts about what you can do, fuck it.  Just Quit!"

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

I am sure that this will do wonders for her bookings...

"If you have doubts about what you can do, fuck it.  Just Quit!"

And yet, the Jamaican girl that wanted to quit somehow made me start rooting for her.  She finds out she survived and wasn't the least bit happy and still wanted to quit.  Rainbow Bright is standing there crying her eyes out because she doesn't get to play anymore.  Couldn't stand that team, but I wish they'd have survived one more week so we won't have to hear Jamaica complain about having to do a competition she fucking signed up for.   Fuck her.  

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/13/2022 at 12:17 PM, Vito Andolini said:

TJ Lavin, host of the Challenge, absolutely eviscerates contestants who quit for little reason. 

On 10/14/2022 at 6:55 PM, Knoxtnhorn said:

On these reality shows, I will never understand how people can act the way they do knowing that millions will see it months later.  I know, spur of the moment and all, but geez.  The fact that you probably have 3+ cameramen in your face at any time should be a reminder.

I will never understand how fans of a show they have watched for 20 years get on the show and forget to read the fucking instructions.

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, The Ace of Aces said:

I bet Linton and Sharik come back next week - someone tests positive for covid so is eliminated. 

If Phil has any say in that choice then no fucking way.  You don't bring back the team that wanted to quit. 

• 2 weeks later...

So far this seems to be going as planned.  No major upsets yet, pretty much the shitty teams dropping in order.  

The brothers team is starting to look real weak though.  They got to tighten their shit up.  Making some major mistakes.