The Amazing Race 34

Scraps

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

Yep, they have had a challenge very similar to the one in the cave\stream recently if I recall correctly.

I'm thinking that's the exact fissure The Challenge used a few seasons ago for their Iceland swimming thing.

14 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Swimming and driving a stick shift. It seems like every season, one team goes home over this.

That vehicle seemed to be a bit more than a standard manual. Two (three?) sticks and I believe I heard one of them say it had four pedals. Probably 4x4 related, but would initially confuse the hell out of me too.

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

God yes.  If I have to hear the one complain about her damn leg one more time ...

Annoyed me too, but then I started thinking, it probably hurts like hell and it's in the forefront of her mind and it's hard not to comment on it. Even if she only mentions it once every couple of hours, the editors can take each of those comments and put them in the episode so that we hear it condensed into one hour. Makes it sound like she is whining non-stop when that may not truly be the case.

• Hook 'Em 1

That vehicle seemed to be a bit more than a standard manual. Two (three?) sticks and I believe I heard one of them say it had four pedals. Probably 4x4 related, but would initially confuse the hell out of me too.

Land Rover right? They have dual range trannies. Extra stick is to shift to low or high range. I think they may have mistaken the footrest for another pedal.

19 hours ago, wild_turkey said:

Annoyed me too, but then I started thinking, it probably hurts like hell and it's in the forefront of her mind and it's hard not to comment on it. Even if she only mentions it once every couple of hours, the editors can take each of those comments and put them in the episode so that we hear it condensed into one hour. Makes it sound like she is whining non-stop when that may not truly be the case.

This.

Both of the sisters do not strike me as complainers.  They fit the model of keep your head down and grind it out which is what they have been doing.  Some of the stuff they have been asked to do is doing that leg no favors either.  

That being said, I would be very shocked if they won it given their situation.  I pretty much like all of the last 3 teams so I am fine with whoever wins.  

Good season and I liked all of the final 3 teams. Slightly wanted the twin sisters to win because I think they have the best story, but kudos to Derek and Claire.

I do miss the old Amazing Race pre-Covid, back when teams would have to book their own travel and gamble on tight connections, and when double U-turns would shake up the power rankings and create sketchy alliances and bitter rivals.

Now it’s just happy-go-lucky help each other until the end, and teams teleport from one city to the next off screen. Too clean and boring. I suspect this format is here to stay.

• Hook 'Em 2

I have no use for Claire, on this show or Big Brother, Derek seems like a decent dude. I liked the twins ok, and the big rumped Pitbull dancer was fun, chipmunk cheeks and all. Rather forgettable season IMO, but I’m glad the show still exists, so I don’t want to complain too much. And I’m usually always disappointed with the outcome, so that’s nothing new 🤣

• Hook 'Em 1

I have no use for Claire, on this show or Big Brother, Derek seems like a decent dude. I liked the twins ok, and the big rumped Pitbull dancer was fun, chipmunk cheeks and all. Rather forgettable season IMO, but I’m glad the show still exists, so I don’t want to complain too much. And I’m usually always disappointed with the outcome, so that’s nothing new

Yeah. Claire is annoying, but I like Derek.

Was also pulling for the twins

2 hours ago, Vito Andolini said:

I have no use for Claire, on this show or Big Brother, Derek seems like a decent dude. I liked the twins ok, and the big rumped Pitbull dancer was fun, chipmunk cheeks and all. Rather forgettable season IMO, but I’m glad the show still exists, so I don’t want to complain too much. And I’m usually always disappointed with the outcome, so that’s nothing new 🤣

Don't watch Big Brother so no predisposed opinion on Claire... but I did think the Miami chick was fun too.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 hours ago, BonzoMontreaux said:

The twins did themselves no favors on their navigation on the final leg.  I was hoping they would pull it out.  Congrats to Derek and Claire. 

Ironic that they were the smartest team out there, but lost due to foolish mistakes instead of that knee.  I thought for sure they had no chance going in, because usually the last leg includes a good bit of running.

Overall, as someone mentioned, a pretty forgetable season.

I share most of the sentiments already posted.  I too was pulling for the twins, but Derek and Jenna Elfman Claire were a close second, so had no problem with them winning.  I'm not a Big Brother watcher, so had no previous impression of them.  

I enjoyed the season overall, but hope they are able to bring back at least some of the old format eventually. 

• Hook 'Em 1