All right you boys, how I feel about the upcoming midterms in Texas:

The Original Greaser Bob

9 minutes ago, Gengs1 said:

Rs control everything and no change. Dems vote a bit more but still lose everything.

And that’s why Texas is a non-voting state. “My vote doesn’t matter” permeates and spreads. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

old man yelling at clouds rant.

You would think that our elected officials would look at polls indicating how Texans feel about certain issues and somewhat align laws with opinions. And voters would punish them if they don't.  Texas doesn't work like that, and honesty why should politicians care what citizens think when the politicians are rewarded based on their current actions.

And hats off to the Texas GOP. They take a federal issue like illegal immigration, simultaneously claim to be solving the problem AND that it's getting worse, and that the other side will really make it even worse. Never over estimate Texas' voters intelligence.

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 6

1 hour ago, Js1 said:

Texas is a non-voting state and that's why our state leadership is so bad. 

Every friend and family is good about voting.

Texas has lots of people that knee jerk Republican and making Texas a voting state will reflect that.

So have to get out the non-Red vote. 

Given the willingness of people to be scared of brown caravans, this is still Pickett's/Faramir's Charge.

2 minutes ago, Pescado_Rojo said:

I think the absolute best case scenario is Collier and Garza win. I think Beto is a lost cause, unfortunately. Realistically I think Collier gets within 2-3 points, and Garza eeks out a squeaker, but Paxton pulls some fraud shenanigans that take months to sort out. 

I would like to see how Beto operates in an exec role in govt but the timing is still off for him.

4 hours ago, The Original Greaser Bob said:

Every friend and family is good about voting.

Texas has lots of people that knee jerk Republican and making Texas a voting state will reflect that.

So have to get out the non-Red vote. 

Given the willingness of people to be scared of brown caravans, this is still Pickett's/Faramir's Charge.

This.  Just look at the Beto thread right now.  Complete nonsensical shit show from the right.

This state blows my mind. They are pushing hard to be Christian Nationalists. Women here vote against their own interests. Brown people here vote against their own interests. People fall for the shipping immigrants elsewhere clown-show. GOP has been saying immigration here is getting worse while simultaneously being the only show in town. People here swear immigrants are coming to take their jobs and then a moment later talk about how their is a labor shortage. 

Nothing will change. However, I will cast my vote with my dick out. 

• Rage+1 2

12 hours ago, Thatguy said:

This state blows my mind. They are pushing hard to be Christian Nationalists. Women here vote against their own interests. Brown people here vote against their own interests. People fall for the shipping immigrants elsewhere clown-show. GOP has been saying immigration here is getting worse while simultaneously being the only show in town. People here swear immigrants are coming to take their jobs and then a moment later talk about how their is a labor shortage. 

Nothing will change. However, I will cast my vote with my dick out. 

there

5 hours ago, berlinerbaer said:

Going by yard signs only, you'd think we were in the midst of a red wave in my neck of the woods. It seems the other evil Nehls twin is mounting a spirited challenge to KP George for Ft. Bend County judge.

I’ve seen more T Nehls signs than any other in my hood.  Like 20 to 1 for other signs.