Fastest NFL player ever?

ztejas

Just saw an Instagram post that posited if Tyreek Hill might be the fastest NFL player ever. There were some interesting names in the comments - like Darrell Green. 

I'll define fast here as fastest with the ball as that was the context of the video posted of Tyreek. 

From what I've seen highlight-wise - Bo Jackson and Randy Moss would be my top choices. 

Who are some other players that were virtually uncatchable with the ball?

Dante Hall was fucking ridiculous for 3 or 4 years.

The volume of ridiculous plays sways me to the newest generation.

Chris Johnson

Tyreek Hill

The style of football played currently provides them significantly more opportunities but they made  people look ridiculous more oftenthan those of the earlier generations.  Probably more publicity with ubiquitous media replays too.

I’d love to see some of the greatest play the current game.

Just now, Michael Knight said:

Not sure why this is even a discussion theres literally records on it. Bob Hayes set a world record in the 100m and still has the fastest leg in the history of the 4x100, faster than Usain Bolts.

Because I specifically phrased it "with the ball". There's a difference between football speed and track speed. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Not sure why this is even a discussion theres literally records on it. Bob Hayes set a world record in the 100m and still has the fastest leg in the history of the 4x100, faster than Usain Bolts.

Cause it’s what we do

Its interesting you post this I was thinking about the other day how with baseball and basketball oldheads love to gatekeep and claim today's players aren't nearly as good as the players of bygone eras. Seems like its generally understood today's NFL players are the biggest and fastest and most skilled they've ever been.

34 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Because I specifically phrased it "with the ball". There's a difference between football speed and track speed. 

No shit?  Well now that you have stated the obvious, I’ll still go with Bob Hayes. 

32 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

Just to add on, the zone defense as a concept was invented because of bob hayes. 

Because,…everyone knew the idea of covering him man to man, even with hard bumps at the LOS, was impossible. 

15 minutes ago, conVINCEd said:

I’ll go with Bob Hayes.  I used to work with his ex-wife.  That woman could tell some stories.

Let’s hear ‘em. 

• Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, statsman said:

Because,…everyone knew the idea of covering him man to man, even with hard bumps at the LOS, was impossible. 

Let’s hear ‘em. 

Mostly drug related, or drug suspicion related.  There was a time the cops gutted the upholstery of her brand new Cadillac looking for drugs.

11 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Fast in bed too? 

I was 17.   We didn’t go there.