Fastest NFL player ever?

ztejas

2 hours ago, Eskimohorn said:

Chad Powers

One of the best manning things ever. Laughed a lot, showed me about the importance of penn state run ons.

they are even selling  Chad Powers 200  t shirts at thier game today, and anyone who runs faster than chad powers gets a free tee shirt.

hope manning has his bros sense of humor with his  skills when he arrives at the  40.

• Like 1

Deion and Green are the easy answers, but didn’t DK Metcalf recently get clocked at some ridiculous average velocity when he ran down a dude after an interception? I know all these one-off occurrences on a single play can catch any player on the fastest play of their career though. Then there are the guys who have an amazing couple years, like Dante Hall, Devin Hester, and this era’s Tyreek Hill. 

I’ll stick with Deion and Green because those guys went 4.2 their whole careers and it translated to dominance on the field and HOF.

• Hook 'Em 1

He’s not the fastest ever but keep an eye on Bama’s Jameson Williams.  He didn’t run the 40 at combine and won’t play for the Lions until week 8ish but his tape at Alabama is unreal.  Freakish speed.  There’s a reason the Lions traded up 20 spots in a WR loaded draft to get him.

13 hours ago, ztejas said:

Just saw an Instagram post that posited if Tyreek Hill might be the fastest NFL player ever. There were some interesting names in the comments - like Darrell Green. 

I'll define fast here as fastest with the ball as that was the context of the video posted of Tyreek. 

From what I've seen highlight-wise - Bo Jackson and Randy Moss would be my top choices. 

Who are some other players that were virtually uncatchable with the ball?

Fastest with the Ball? Deion Sanders.

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Irieguy said:

He’s not the fastest ever but keep an eye on Bama’s Jameson Williams.  He didn’t run the 40 at combine and won’t play for the Lions until week 8ish but his tape at Alabama is unreal.  Freakish speed.  There’s a reason the Lions traded up 20 spots in a WR loaded draft to get him.

aight

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Hpara759 said:

look idiots....there is only 1 answer

he did this on a cinder track running in the most dreaded lane ever (on a cinder track) lane #1.....and if you can't figure out why lane #1 was so dreaded on a cinder track, you don't need to be posting about who is fast.....

If you want to hang out, you've gotta take her out, cocaine 
If you want to get down, down on the ground, cocaine 
She don't lie, she don't lie, she don't lie 
Cocaine

10 hours ago, Llewelyn Moss said:
10 hours ago, Llewelyn Moss said:

Bullet Bob Hayes was my first pro autograph as a kid. Nice guy, friendly to a 10 yr old at a lame card show. 

(Nobody asked, but My 3rd autograph was Danny Darwin of Fannin County fame. Hard to imagine a bigger gap of excellence.)

The Bonham Bullet was a quality reliever.  No shame in that.  You get to the 7th with a lead and hand the ball to DD, Larry Anderson, setting up Dave Smith….shit, game’s already over. 

Edited by Lhorn
  • Like 1

Just now, Eskimohorn said:

Before my era, but it seems like Bob Hayes and everyone else

https://olympics.com/en/athletes/robert-hayes

“Bob Hayes is arguably the fastest sprinter of all-time before the Usain Bolt era.”

Those times are hand timed / he wasn’t carrying a ball so answer defaults to whichever guy posters can remember looking fast on tv.

• Haha 1

19 hours ago, ztejas said:

Just saw an Instagram post that posited if Tyreek Hill might be the fastest NFL player ever. There were some interesting names in the comments - like Darrell Green. 

I'll define fast here as fastest with the ball as that was the context of the video posted of Tyreek. 

From what I've seen highlight-wise - Bo Jackson and Randy Moss would be my top choices. 

Who are some other players that were virtually uncatchable with the ball?

Darrell Green. One of the most impressive plays I’ve seen was when he ran Tony Dorsett down like Dorsett was standing still. 

20 hours ago, CoachTex said:

I know Darrell Green ran a 4.24 forty at age 42. Saw it on the DC news when I was visiting my grandmother one summer. He had to put a rookie in his place about being the fastest. 4.24 is insanely fast. 4.24 at 42 is unimaginable.

Pffft. Half of this board can run at least a 4.5 forty. Wasn’t there a thread about this?