22-23 Fantasy League

Baboontyme

12 hours ago, ztejas said:

@Baboontyme shut the fuck up and enjoy your payout. 

Jk. Well played. This 8 team shit needs to die in a fire, though. I'm almost hesitant to play 10 team because this season was so dumb.

@BallamaticBevo you wanna throw a few bucks on 3rd? (i.e. the actual championship match)

I could be talked into $50.

Let's do it! I too feel my timing of shitting the bed happened to fall on the most important week. Round 1 of the playoffs. 

46 minutes ago, BallamaticBevo said:

Let's do it! I too feel my timing of shitting the bed happened to fall on the most important week. Round 1 of the playoffs. 

Honestly I forgot you're getting KD back. I think I'd be throwing $50 away. 

In the vein of this though^

I think the 3rd place matchup should matter. I mean me and Ballmatic are still setting lineups but it's just for bragging rights. What are y'alls thoughts on having the regular season champ and 3rd place both get their entry fee back and 1st and 2nd chop the rest? Instead of 1st in the regular season getting two entry fees.

I know it didn't happen this season but a lot of the time the 1st place team is going to also get either the 1st or 2nd place playoff money. 

Granted the payouts would then be weighted more towards late season performance. 

Idk. Just throwing the idea out there. 

this is the first year we haven't paid out third place, and that was simply because the payout pool was smaller and half the league was going to make the playoffs with us going down to 8 teams. next year when we're back at 10 (maybe even 12?!?) third place will be worth money again, at least an amount equal to the buy in. 

Edited by shadow_operative
  • Hook 'Em 1

i'm in the championship of my other league (a buddy hit me up last minute be wise his league lost two players so i joined a points league for the very first time), and here's my opponent's lineup tonight:

53B3CD96-5822-4A27-A542-9C2F1D7AF14F.thumb.jpeg.2c3758140b51594dee686e7446c014f3.jpeg

oof baboof.

i might feel bad if i hadn't had to drop brandon ingram, julius randle, and paolo banchero just to make the final matchup in this winner-take-all league (it was pretty epic, they all had a bunch of days off and my opp, thinking he already had me beat, added them, and i came back and beat him on the final day), not to mention i also lost waller kessler and myles turner, AND the fact that my final three adds (delon wright, luke kennard, and THT) all played a total of zero games for me as they all immediately got hurt or sick after i added them. so uh, yeah. i think we're going to make the finals take place a couple of weeks earlier next year. 😂 

what is the buy in for this thing again? in trying to figure who all is owed what. for some reason i thought it was $125 but i just went back and looked and looks like we said $100. the payout structure for this year with 8 teams is set to be:

regular season champ- buy-in x2

1st and 2nd- split how they want, which with how they did it i suppose would look like this:

$200- ballamatic

$300- timmy

$500- whoever beat timmy 

one person owes ballamatic his $100, I and another person owe timmy our buy in, and then the other four of y'all owe the winner your buy in. so on one of those guys for his venmo info, and then check in here once you've paid. another season full of clusterfucks in the books! can't wait to do it again. 

586C7BC2-D9BB-43E2-AEF9-A35C66CB39A4.thumb.jpeg.091f8dae9d716bd02038d07eba045f37.jpeg

alright durdy and i sent our dues to timmy. the rest of y'all make sure to pay one of the other guys asap so that we can keep this process clean and simple every year. shoot them a pm for their venmo info, send them $100, and we're wrapped up for this year. until next season!

@ztejas

@RexWilson

@Capn81

edit: listen i suck at math, and i keep forgetting that this year is only 8 teams, and we never reached a consensus on what the payouts are, so just send your money to @Baboontyme and that should make everybody whole.

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

$800 should have paid out like this:

$200 to the regular season winner

$100 to runner up

$400 to the winner

as long as we make that happen we got it right.

I don't think anyone paid up front so the winners have $100 less coming to them. Also that only adds up to $700 but I failed math. 

On 10/16/2022 at 12:39 PM, shadow_operative said:

normally we would pay out to the regular season winner and then 1st-3rd, with six teams making the playoffs. this year however with 8 teams, it's set up to where four teams will make the playoffs, and i think we should pay out the regular season winner and then first and second. 

if we do $125 as the buy in, we could give $250 to the regular season winner and then $750 for the final two to chop however they see fit. that also makes it simple for everyone to pay out at the end.

On 10/16/2022 at 10:36 AM, Baboontyme said:

Did we decide on 100 vs 150? Anyone object to $150?

On 10/16/2022 at 10:41 AM, ztejas said:

Remind me what we do - winner takes all? 

Why don't we call it $125. 

On 10/16/2022 at 12:39 PM, shadow_operative said:

normally we would pay out to the regular season winner and then 1st-3rd, with six teams making the playoffs. this year however with 8 teams, it's set up to where four teams will make the playoffs, and i think we should pay out the regular season winner and then first and second. 

if we do $125 as the buy in, we could give $250 to the regular season winner and then $750 for the final two to chop however they see fit. that also makes it simple for everyone to pay out at the end.

On mobile and can't delete the dupe quote so sorry. I went back and this is what I found about payouts. 

If we were doing $125 we should have a pool of $1k. It looks like it should be regular season winner gets $250 and then 1st and second chop up $750. I guess 500/250. Fair?

Since no one paid in, including the 3 who have $ coming, that's all less $125 each.

Reg season champ Lou should have $125 coming his way

Timmy should have $125 coming his way. You all overpaid him by $75.

My team should have $375 coming. 

For simplicity's sake have Timmy send one of you back $100 and the other person whose $ Timmy kept owes him another $25.

The person who Timmy sends their money back to can send BB Lemon Pepper Lou $125.

Then the 3 others can send me $125 each and that's the $375.

Does that work for everyone? I'll put my Venmo here later. 

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

although is it $125? the last time i went back and checked i saw $100. i'll go check it out again in a little while when i have time.

I mean it wasn't really ever formally agreed on by everyone but I quoted the most recent posts above. I proposed 150 and z said let's do 125 and it seems like we kind of ran with that. I do not care for the record. 

Yeah I just got a Venmo notice. Thanks but I thought Durdy was going to pay @BallamaticBevo NBD but someone still needs to get that man his $125. So z is going to pay on Thursday and we are still waiting on I believe @Capn81 as well. One pays BB and then the other me. BB please post your Venmo or PM one of z or Capn with your info. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys - we need to get this thing going. I am fine with running things this season. I'm pming Derka and he is down along with 2 of his buddies who don't post.

People who are in/assuming they are in:

ztejas

Derka

Derka friend 1

Derka friend 2

@Capn81

@BallamaticBevo

Need a yes from:

@Baboontyme

@RexWilson

@BigOrange1

That's 8 I'm fairly confident that we have and 9 if @BigOrange1 wants back in (think he took last year off?). Please help me out with who I'm missing.

I am NOT playing with 8 again. If we can only get 8 I am okay to draft and keep the league/keepers alive but I'm not buying in to an 8 person league. We need 10.

Season tips on the 24th. Can we find a time to draft next weekend?

Also - if any Surly posters reading are interested in joining just post here with an "interested" or whatever. I'm fine with having 10-12 teams just want at least 10.

any if have any friends who'd like to play? if we can at least get 8 then we can keep the league going another year. i'd hate to have the league end after what i'm pretty sure is well over a decade of existence (the league home page doesn't go all the way back to the beginning, iirc this league started ~2010 and has been going ever since). 

and it would be an extra shame to switch to a keeper league and then suddenly disband after we've all gotten attached to our keepers lol. 

I don't think he's smart enough but I asked him anyway and jr will take a team if you guys are up for it. I gave him all of the caveats, must set lineup every day, can't abandon team at it will screw the league etc and he still wants in. I will obviously help him without trying to use it to any advantage. 

• Like 2

Ok. I vote $100 buy in and I will cover the entry fee for the 2 teams if they will donate to the Hawaii Community Foundation Maui Strong fund, any amount, just send me proof. Please recruit, my days are busier than I would like right now. Also if it's all the same I would vote for a draft time before 10 pm Eastern on a school night. 😄