22-23 Fantasy League

Baboontyme

21 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I am adding my buddy as a co-owner for my team. Working on keepers. 

that'll be a good way for him to get his feet wet before next season.

as for everyone else, the next thing we need to confirm is a draft date/time. can we find an evening a day or two before the opening game (october 18th) where we can all be available to draft? online draft should take about 90 min - 2 hr. does sunday the 16th around 8pm work for everyone?

30 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

done. I half ass set the draft order. We also need to change it to 8 teams. I was reluctant to do that in case it wipes anything on the site from the '21/'22 season.  I think we still need those guys to confirm which roster they want to take over. 

yeah, as soon as we have the rosters locked in i'll go delete the two extra teams and make it an 8 team league. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Baboontyme said:

Yes I think that's right. And we need to get @Capn81's email for an invite unless you already had it. And maybe I missed it, I know he said something about Giddey but do we have keepers yet from @ztejas

Yeah I'll get them in before the draft. I have a several options and haven't looked at them in depth yet. 

I was looking at your roster earlier. You have multiple udfas as options and I think you also had Ant drafted in the 11th last year. What is protocol there? Do you have to pick just one 10th round keeper or can you keep multiple and get one in the 9th and one in the 10th?

4 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

I was looking at your roster earlier. You have multiple udfas as options and I think you also had Ant drafted in the 11th last year. What is protocol there? Do you have to pick just one 10th round keeper or can you keep multiple and get one in the 9th and one in the 10th?

you can only have one per round, so you might have to choose between multiple guys if you've traded for/added players you want to keep. 

20 minutes ago, RexWilson said:

Website shows me drafting 6th, here it has me 7th.

When I selected my keepers it took away my 1st and 2nd round picks.

i'll make sure the draft order is correct before draft day. and yes, i've got it set up to where the first two rounds will be us selecting our keepers, meaning the draft will start in earnest in round three. that's the default espn setting for keepers. i assume that anyone who chooses to only keep one person will just not have a pick in the second round. 

Edited by shadow_operative

1 hour ago, shadow_operative said:

you can only have one per round, so you might have to choose between multiple guys if you've traded for/added players you want to keep. 

I feel like I should be able to take a guy in a round up if it was an UDFA or a traded for player. e.g. use my 9th round pick for an UDFA instead of 10th. I don't believe we have established that rule either way but that seems fair to me. It seems arbitrary to punish someone for having an 11th round keeper from the previous year.

And I'm open to have that work the same way for traded for players but it doesn't apply in my scenario this season. 

37 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

i've got it set up to where the first two rounds will be us selecting our keepers, meaning the draft will start in earnest in round three.

Huh? how does that work? Can't we just do it manually like we have been?

Edited by ztejas

15 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Huh? how does that work? Can't we just do it manually like we have been?

the way we've been doing it (relying on everyone to know who the keepers are and avoid drafting them) has resulted in us having to pause the draft over and over when someone inevitably drafts dejounte murray in the 8th round as if everyone else just forgot they existed. espn sets it up like this so that all of the keepers can just get placed on their teams right away. i wish they'd just assign the keepers to their teams before the draft, but this is how they do it. also i don't have a computer, so i don't think i can even stop the draft if i wanted to. 

Edited by shadow_operative

Just now, shadow_operative said:

the way we've been doing it (relying on everyone to know who the keepers are and avoid drafting them) has resulted in us having to pause the draft over and over when someone inevitably drafts dejounte murray in the 8th round as if everyone else just forgot they existed. espn sets it up like this so that all of the keepers can just get placed on their teams right away. i wish they'd just assign the keepers to their teams before the draft, but this is how they do it. 

Right but then the round that each keeper was taken it becomes irrelevant. 

2 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

good point. again, im not sure why they don't just let me manually plug in each keeper to a specific pick. seems like that would make the most sense.

Because Walt Disney was a noted anti-Semite. 

And honestly it isn't the biggest pain in the ass doing it the way we've done it the past couple years. And we only have 8 teams this season. 

Sorry to redo this, but it will help us later. Or at least me. 

8. ztejas - Chief Sitting Out - Keepers TBD

7. Rex Wilson - Mattress Firm Sleeping Spree - Kyrie (7th) Alperen Sengun (10th)

6. Capn81 - Capn 81 - CP3 (5th) LaMelo (2nd)

5. Durdy - Done Durdy - Jamal Murray (10th) E. mobley (11th)

4. Baboontyme - Baboon's Goons - Jordan Poole (10th) Brandon Ingram (9th)

3. Derka/shadow operative - Omar Comin - Sabonis (3rd) Dejounte (6th)

2. Timbo52 - I'm Rick James Bitch - Ja Morant (4th) Darius Garland (7th)

1. BallamaticBevo - Lemon Pepper Lou - KD (3rd)

Edited by Baboontyme

I'm ok with whatever but if you need a quick vote on a decision and there isn't league precedent, I would vote for allowing teams to keep multiple 10th rounders and sub that pick for their 9th (or 8th). If there is league precedent I would go with leave as is and vote to change it for next year. Just my .02 and trying to help move things along and help solve open issues. 

We do need Capn's email, looks like we have last year's owner still in there. I will PM him. 

So can I bump a UDFA up to the 9th round? It makes sense to me that we should be able to do that. Someone is welcome to present a counterargument. 

@Baboontyme I was going through the past thread (the previous two seasons were in one thread) and I think the UDFA keeper was introduced two drafts ago. There isn't precedent for this at least since I joined the league. 

Edited by ztejas
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

So can I bump a UDFA up to the 9th round? It makes sense to me that we should be able to do that. Someone is welcome to present a counterargument. 

I default to Derka, it sounds like the league originated with him and his buddies and I have only been in it for 1 year. So like I said if there was some sort of a precedent before I joined I think it's fair to roll with that and bring it up as a rule change for next year to be voted on. If it's something that's never happened and no one really GsAF, I totally agree with you, you should be able to sub a 9th rounder. Again just trying to help move things along. That makes sense to me but there are only like 3 of us posting in this thread so shrug. 

On 10/11/2022 at 9:10 AM, Capn81 said:

I’ll take UTIntramurals team. Keepers:

LaMelo (fingers crossed)
Chris Paul

If LaMelo injury is bad, can I substitute him out over the next few days prior to the draft?

send me your email so i can make you the owner of that team. 

@Baboontyme can you edit the thread title to show that the draft is this sunday at 8? i want to make sure we have a full draft room. 

13 minutes ago, shadow_operative said:

send me your email so i can make you the owner of that team. 

@Baboontyme can you edit the thread title to show that the draft is this sunday at 8? i want to make sure we have a full draft room. 

I got Capn squared. He sent me his info last night and looks like he accepted the invite today. Editing title. Oh also I fixed the draft order.  

• Hook 'Em 1

• Baboontyme changed the title to 22-23 Fantasy League Draft This Sunday 10/16 @ 8 PM CST

Just got the email and came to check the thread. Where were you a week ago @NOMAAA? Oh well prob not a bad thing my buddy is tag teaming. A 9 pm est draft on a school night is probably too late for him anyway. Though I was thinking if we want to go to ten next year and can fill the spots, what are teams 9 and 10 going to do for keepers? Seems like a tough sell if we are just saying no keepers for you.

Derka, do you know what you need to do to wipe the current rosters? Does it just make you do that when you start the draft? 

yeah the rosters will reset before the draft. and i'm sure we can come up with something in the way of keepers for the two new teams. or we could eliminate the keepers altogether, which i would be fine with, despite the fact that the keeper system has worked out pretty great for me. i actually prefer having the entire talent pool open to be drafted every year, and in fact this league wasn't even a keeper league until like 4 years ago. i'd be perfectly happy to go back to the way it used to be. 

• Like 1

• Baboontyme changed the title to 22-23 Fantasy League