where can i go to get my xbox one controllers repaired?

shadow_operative

i called a couple of local shops and they both said that it would be cheaper to just get a new controller ($70). ive got three xbox one controllers that i've gotten from walmart in the last 18 months that have all eventually broken in small ways, eg the joystick stops working, buttons get stuck, etc. is there anywhere that will fix these things for less than what a new controller would cost?

On 9/24/2022 at 12:13 AM, shadow_operative said:

i called a couple of local shops and they both said that it would be cheaper to just get a new controller ($70). ive got three xbox one controllers that i've gotten from walmart in the last 18 months that have all eventually broken in small ways, eg the joystick stops working, buttons get stuck, etc. is there anywhere that will fix these things for less than what a new controller would cost?

Seriously? 

1. Go to Walmart/Target
  2. Buy same model controller
  3. Take home, carefully open, verify new controller works
  4. Put bad controller in new box, return for refund

Also works literally anywhere else on earth that sells controllers and accepts returns.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunsup said:

Are all xbox controllers this bad?  Pretty set on getting an xbox series x soon, and don't wnat to deal with crappy controllers.

I want to say "no", but the elite version controllers we have seem to need a fix (usually for stick drift) every 18-24 mos...  The standard controllers are supposed to be more reliable, I hear...

On 9/26/2022 at 2:32 PM, morehornsepower said:

i've taken a couple of elite controllers to Game Republik in Austin, with good results.  but, for a regular controller, I'd agree - it may be cheaper to just buy a new one.  *shrug*

what is an elite controller? i'm gathering from this thread that the controllers i've been buying are subpar, but i didn't realize that their were different grades of controllers. 

9 hours ago, Gunsup said:

Are all xbox controllers this bad?  Pretty set on getting an xbox series x soon, and don't wnat to deal with crappy controllers.

the joysticks on mine seem to get worn down way too easily, as i'm definitely a casual gamer. they seem sturdy out of the box, but these repeated issues have me questioning that. 

On 9/28/2022 at 12:00 AM, Gunsup said:

Pretty much yes. Amusing at the recent GDQ (Games Done Quick) event where a speedrunner's controller had issues, and all three replacements he went out and bought had stick drift. This is especially brutal for speedrunning when pixel and frame perfection is key to a speedrun.