Poll: Which NBA team will LeBron sign with in the 2018 offseason?

Machinator

What NBA team will LeBron go to in the 2018 offseason?  

117 members have voted

1. 1. What NBA team will LeBron sign with in the 2018 offseason?

• Cleveland Cavaliers
    • Boston Celtics
    • Philadelphia 76ers
    • Houston Rockets
    • Golden State Warriors
    • Los Angeles Lakers
    • Miami Heat
    • The field

3 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I don't think Lebron is interested in rebuilding with a club.  Wherever he goes, the mission will be to have a ready to roll team next season.  If he goes to LA, who has a young core, it'll be to trade off some of those youngsters for win now guys.  I don't think he wants to wait around until he's 36 to challenge for another championship.  

I shouldn't have said a few years. I mean I think he'll start out playing with PG, Ball, and Ingram next season before they figure who to trade away.

1 minute ago, Ricky Butler said:

I shouldn't have said a few years. I mean I think he'll start out playing with PG, Ball, and Ingram next season before they figure who to trade away.

I could possibly see that but feels like Lebron sees the core of a team as a Big 3.  It's sort of what he's used to and with salary cap restraints, what's generally possible.  You definitely could be right, but feels like he'd be like, "okay, trade for PG (who reportedly really likes Westbrook and OKC and may stay), sign me and then trade for someone like Kemba Walker or Bradley Beal.  Or maybe if Cousins would sign a slightly under market deal, maybe trade for him and get the core big 3 in place.... Something like that.  I don't know, just thinking aloud.  Don't love the Kemba idea but also hard to see what "star" may be available if the rumors of SA and Kawhi mending fences come to fruition.  I don't think he enjoyed the trying to mesh on the run experience of this season and would want the core in place by the start of the season....

5 minutes ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I could possibly see that but feels like Lebron sees the core of a team as a Big 3.  It's sort of what he's used to and with salary cap restraints, what's generally possible.  You definitely could be right, but feels like he'd be like, "okay, trade for PG (who reportedly really likes Westbrook and OKC and may stay), sign me and then trade for someone like Kemba Walker or Bradley Beal.  Or maybe if Cousins would sign a slightly under market deal, maybe trade for him and get the core big 3 in place.... Something like that.  I don't know, just thinking aloud.  Don't love the Kemba idea but also hard to see what "star" may be available if the rumors of SA and Kawhi mending fences come to fruition.  I don't think he enjoyed the trying to mesh on the run experience of this season and would want the core in place by the start of the season....

Yeah, I think the Kawhi/Lakers stuff is a pipe dream at this point. I think if Lonzo, Ingram, and Kuzma continue to develop they could be used to sign and trade for bigger star once Deng is off the books.

I may be too swayed by Bill Simmons, but I just think Lebron sees himself as larger than the game. He may really be thinking of himself as a player, brand, media mogul, etc. If he's thinking like that, there is no way he goes to Houston, San Antonio, or Philly. LA would allow him to have multiple life plans going simultaneously. Also, LA has nice weather.

14 I think.

When you think of NBA news,  I know Forbes is your first choice.   Still:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabezaldivar/2018/06/13/lebron-james-dislikes-houston-and-more-nba-rumor-updates/

"

I heard this from his own lips when we were in Houston this season. He does not like Houston as a city. So, that would require him moving to a place that he’s not crazy about."

let the Houston butthurt start even of just a rumor.  

12 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

I don't think Lebron is interested in rebuilding with a club.  Wherever he goes, the mission will be to have a ready to roll team next season.  If he goes to LA, who has a young core, it'll be to trade off some of those youngsters for win now guys.  I don't think he wants to wait around until he's 36 to challenge for another championship.  

with CP3, PG13 and maybe even Cousins +  Kuzma and a few others, trade Ball. 

4 hours ago, dingleberryswitzer said:

14 I think.

When you think of NBA news,  I know Forbes is your first choice.   Still:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/gabezaldivar/2018/06/13/lebron-james-dislikes-houston-and-more-nba-rumor-updates/

let the Houston butthurt start even of just a rumor.  

If you follow the chain, the quote actually comes from a Cleveland columnist so it's a pretty solid source.  He doesn't have to love a city to work there, especially when a lot of it will be on the road, but it fucking helps..... Apparently Houston's odds are trending down by Vegas.  Now behind LA, Philly and even with Cleveland.  LOL.  I think it means close to nothing but this week will be pretty boring for news.....

• 3 weeks later...