Texas vs tech - 2:30pm on ESPN

Pancho

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

It is not like Card didn't make some plays. He can do stuff. I had much more confidence he could convert that 4th and 3 than the defense stop anybody.

Agreed. Card is without a doubt better than Donovan Smith. The difference was that Smith's coaches believed in him and let him make plays. 

I'm not calling Card a world-beater, but that's exactly why handcuffing him was terrible coaching. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Imagine being so fucking incompetent that you hire a head coach who has never lost fewer then four games in their career as your head coach.

i hope the football know-nothing like immamac and wulaw say I sound like a pussy again for pointing out that this team is not good and the bama LOSS was fool’s gold. 

If we were smart, WE would be the one to go poach the Kansas coach. But no, more lambos for guys that fumble with the game on the line. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

I think rathet the defense couldn't get off the field and our offense lost it's rhythm. Having to start on the 1 yard line didn't help.

When we started on the 1 we ran up the middle and threw two sideline Hail Marys with a qb that can’t throw deep. Our offensive genius head coach completely turtled. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Not one fucking thing he has changed. All the talk about a new culture. Nope. Same old shit being dominated by a team that won't end the season above .500. Card was good enough to win this game if our defense hadn't shit the bed. We better figure it out quickly or anything being different in the future is nothing more than a dream

• Hook 'Em 3

9 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

It’s going to be a long fucking season. Tech is not even close to what’s coming next. I’m tired of the excuses. There aren’t any. This game is on Sark. And fuck him.

If Baylor played Texas tomorrow, it's a loss.  OU is a loss, Iowa State and KU are debatable, OSU is a loss, and everything else is on the table too.  Texas fails against teams with less and that's due to coaching.      

Just now, Mo Horn said:

Not one fucking thing he has changed. All the talk about a new culture. Nope. Same old shit being dominated by a team that won't end the season above .500. Card was good enough to win this game if our defense hadn't shit the bed. We better figure it out quickly or anything being different in the future is nothing more than a dream

Absolutely no changes when things weren't working.  Just kept floundering.

11 minutes ago, sith_horn said:

995'rs have sung the praises of Hutson, but he hasn't been worthy of it. But I won't blame him for that. He's a true freshman and getting beat like a rented mule. Clearly though, Flood must not feel Cambpell or Williams are ready for prime time.

995ers we’re wrong about everything- QB, Kicker, OL. They got nothing right

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, GeorgetownLaw said:

Can we hire the Kansas coach?

It is absolutely baffling how Sark has been around so many big time programs and Leipold coached at (checks notes): University of Wisconsin–Whitewater from 2007 to 2014 and at University at Buffalo from 2015 to 2020. Sark has no excuses and none should be made for him. This was a winnable game and we came out flat mostly. I saw a few good things but mainly it’s just more of the same. Bama game was a mirage. I guess. UW-Whitewater man. Buffalo man. And he has Kansas inside of two years 4-0. Sark went 5-7 and we are 2-2. Lost to a conference foe.

fuck. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

We have a 5 star TE who rarely gets passed to.  He got a catch late, but nothing over the middle.  Tech's coach used a 2 star TE all over the field to torch our Secondary.  If Sark can't utilize a player like Sanders, we need to move on from him.  Not sure who but so far he has been a waste of time.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Texas Flood said:

There’s no handcuffing. He misses reads and throws late

There was plenty of handcuffing. Keep up. We've covered that he's not great. Smith misses reads and makes throws late as well. 

Running into an overloaded front to set up 3rd and 8 all 4th quarter is basically the definition of handcuffing a QB. He is not an elite QB but Sarkisian was calling plays like he was VY or Colt back there and he could just lazily count on his QB to pull first downs out of his ass.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Agreed. Card is without a doubt better than Donovan Smith. The difference was that Smith's coaches believed in him and let him make plays. 

I'm not calling Card a world-beater, but that's exactly why handcuffing him was terrible coaching. 

I don't see the handcuffing. Card just isn't that good. He wasn't horrible in this game, but he wasn't better than Donovan Smith at all. Smith was dealing out there. 

• Hook 'Em 5

3 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

This team has the psyche of a lower team that gets up once a year to play their superbowl game. This year it was Bama who got our best shot. Seven loss Steve is a terrible head coach and not a great play caller when it comes to leading a less talented roster. 

It's a little mind boggling the OL pass protected so well against Bama, then preceed to shit the bed like they did today. Knew run blocking was bad going into this game, but hoped it might show some improvement. Card has his worts but it's hard to make offense with a shitty OL.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Huckleberry said:

There was plenty of handcuffing. Keep up. We've covered that he's not great. Smith misses reads and makes throws late as well. 

Running into an overloaded front to set up 3rd and 8 all 4th quarter is basically the definition of handcuffing a QB. He is not an elite QB but Sarkisian was calling plays like he was VY or Colt back there and he could just lazily count on his QB to pull first downs out of his ass.

Handcuffing or not he's not seeing wide open guys, completely misreading defenses. His great plays don't make up for his limitations 

• Hook 'Em 3

It’s “possible” that Gary Patterson was brought in solely to write the game plan for Bama and the rest of this shit show is on PK.  If that’s the case, Patterson should be installed as the DC TOMORROW……assuming he’d take the gig.  It’s also possible that Quinn Ewers returns and the narrative turns at OU.  But in general, I asked the question after the Bama performance, “did they just get up for this one game?”  At this moment that feels like a ‘yes’ and it feels like that has been a trend at Texas for years

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Just now, Dbeasy said:

Seriously, I think Sark has to fire PK tomorrow and turn over the defense to GP 

Unless Patterson grows a few inches and trades in 50 lbs of fat for muscle and himself becomes Superman on the field, I don’t think it matters if the fuckers on the field can’t execute.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Sorry can’t keep up just saw an open tight end streaking across the field that Card missed. 

Oh no wait that was deep shot underthrown by Card.

Oh jk he ran into a sack.

• Hook 'Em 1

Sark is a very good OC with a NFL QB
He can’t call plays for shit to suit the players he has 

This is why the season isn’t over. Ewers is going to be back in the next week or two and he does change the entire offense.

Now, they’ve pissed away a good portion of their margin for error, but every reasonable goal is in front of them. This team was never a CFP team and if you thought that with Sark at the helm then I genuinely pity you. But they’ve shown enough to think they can get to Arlington if Ewers is 100% for the meat of the conference schedule, which is more than I expected of them.

I think they should beat WVU at home so I’m in it until at least OU. Win that, and I do think they can, you’re at least giving yourself a shot. Of course, they’re fully capable of losing, at which point it’s about time to find better things to do on Saturdays, or at least other games to watch.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

I don't see the handcuffing. Card just isn't that good. He wasn't horrible in this game, but he wasn't better than Donovan Smith at all. Smith was dealing out there. 

When you have Bijan/Rojo, running on 3rd and 8 isn't necessarily handcuffing. Expecting Card to convert 3rd and 6+ with any consistency is a recipe for failure. The offense was falling apart on 1st and 2nd down due to penetration and stonewalls.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Yep. That was a loser game by a loser program.

I would love to imagine it is a hangover, but too late in the season for that. I will be happily surprised if we don't see more of this.

1 minute ago, Huckleberry said:

Smith threw late but has twice the arm Card has.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Handcuffing or not he's not seeing wide open guys, completely misreading defenses. His great plays don't make up for his limitations 

I'm really not sure what y'all are arguing about. Card is not a very good QB. What I'm saying is that's exactly why he needs to be given more of a chance than our late playcalling did today. That's literally what I said to start this discussion. Card needs better playcalling specifically because he's not a great quarterback. 

So these replies that think they're arguing with me by saying that Card isn't very good are weird.

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, 89Horn said:

Unless Patterson grows a few inches and trades in 50 lbs of fat for muscle and himself becomes Superman on the field, I don’t think it matters if the fuckers on the field can’t execute.

Tackling is still poor. They swarm to the ball and play with energy which is an improvement. But the fundamentals of tackling still evade them. They need to play those DKR tackling vids and loop them for the players.